Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75088615&postcount=573

I used to be indecisive too... but now I'm not so sure I am :D
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    You should have cancelled it 2 months ago.

Why should I have cancelled it? I had no intention of leaving two months ago.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75088615&postcount=573

I used to be indecisive too... but now I'm not so sure I am :D

I'm entitled to be indecisive. I regretfully cancelled the GNE switch but the OTM decided to cancel the membership fee and put prices up AGAIN. Then I made the decision to just go for a switch before January. Not that I have to explain myself to you, I just asked for a bit of advice. People like you put people like me off asking things on this board.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Scatty wrote: »
    My switch completes on 27 December (hopefully!) but my next DD for OTM is due on 8 Jan. I have sufficient credit to take me to 27 December, assuming they don't refund the £100 I have asked for, so when should I cancel the DD, if at all? I don't want them taking another £58 in January "just because" the DD is active
    I'm in a similar position but my switch out is due in a few days. My account with OTM has sufficient credit to cover the final bill several times over. Next DD is due early Jan but I intend to cancel it just before that. There's no point in cancelling it earlier than that as they seem to be automatically reinstating cancelled DDs.

I will email OTM advising that I've switched, I am in credit and the DD mandate is withdrawn.

I will then cancel the mandate with the bank.
  • Incredible. So switching my electricity away was blocked by OFTM for some reason and it can't take place at this time (only found out a week after instigating a switch).

Only thing I can think of is my account is in debit by £50, but as for the time being I'm only moving electricity (keeping gas with them because surprise surprise, it's a new build house and they haven't updated the national register with my postcode and meter number to tie it to my house) surely they can't do this?
  • otbc.ncfc wrote: »
    Incredible. So switching my electricity away was blocked by OFTM for some reason and it can't take place at this time (only found out a week after instigating a switch).

Only thing I can think of is my account is in debit by £50, but as for the time being I'm only moving electricity (keeping gas with them because surprise surprise, it's a new build house and they haven't updated the national register with my postcode and meter number to tie it to my house) surely they can't do this?

If the account is in debt, rather than just debit, then that would possibly be a valid reason for a supplier to block a switch away.
    Having said that, the supplier is also supposed to consider each block, taking into account, for example, the level of debt involved and how the account has been managed in the past

With regards to your gas, are you saying you have a new build house, and that OFTM were the very first supplier of gas to that property? Interesting. I wonder why the developer chose them?

Unfortunately, if there is an error in the database that could well affect the ability of a new supplier to being to supply you. You need to request the existing supplier to correct the database entry - they are the only ones that can do so.
  • WhoIsThat wrote: »
    If the account is in debt, rather than just debit, then that would possibly be a valid reason for a supplier to block a switch away.
    Having said that, the supplier is also supposed to consider each block, taking into account, for example, the level of debt involved and how the account has been managed in the past

With regards to your gas, are you saying you have a new build house, and that OFTM were the very first supplier of gas to that property? Interesting. I wonder why the developer chose them?

Nah I'm in debit with them but for some reason they're calling it 'debt' - no idea why, I pay by DD so nothing weird is going on!

Ridiculous really, it's only £50 I'm in debit...literally if they asked I can pay it back immediately!

Nah for some reason OFTM took over it with no issues from SSE (who were the original supplier) but I can't change away now as they haven't even registered they supply my address so new suppliers can't take over the supply! Ridiculous if you ask me, they've basically forced me to stay with them for 6 weeks (as that's how long they say the national register takes to update)
  • Switch went smoothly, but since then the DD has been increased twice in two weeks even though in credit. Trying to get a meaningful response and reduce the DD seems impossible. Still waiting them to come back to me. Wouldn't go near this provider again.
  • simonbk
    simonbk Posts: 26 Forumite
    I'm not even sure which energy supplier I'm with at the moment!

Chose OTM via the cheap energy club as they were showing as the cheapest last month. Got an email to say the switch from Extra Energy was in progress and should be complete by the 22nd, but then EE went bust on the 21st!

No confirmation from OTM that it had completed and trying to log in to the Hero Hub just brings up a page saying "An error has occured. Please try later". Trying to get a response from OTM is impossible - they are completely uncontactable. They don't respond to emails, webchat or via social media and their phone number is constantly engaged!

Scottish Power rang to say they are now providing me with gas and electric but if that's the case why are OTM taking money out of my bank account? I haven't given them any meter readings yet as I can't log in to their hub...
  • They have also blocked my switch. I only owe them £39!!!! Surely they understand they can take final payment upon giving final meter reading when I leave rather than just block it?

This cant be reasonable behaviour otherwise no one would ever be able to leave any energy company if they owe them a balance when wanting to switch. What are our rights here?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback