The "Save 12k in 2018" Thread!

Options

Comments

• KeepOnKnitting
    Options
    Reporting in for May. £163.68, as per form. Not as much as I would like, but better than nothing. Hoping for some summer progress once placement finishes and I can do more than one day a week.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No 12 reporting, form updated for May.

I hope you are fully recovered now Slowly Fading.

I’ve managed to save £1,000 again this month but things are super tight in June. Will try and make it to payday on air to make up for some of my overspends.
  • MrsR1234
    MrsR1234 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2450 saved in May. Hubby got a tax rebate so that was the bulk of it this month. Hoping to save more of our 'own' money this month though and hoping we will smash our 6K target and manage to save 8K instead. Have a few bits planned over the next few months though so not changing target just yet!
    Total savings 2018- £7450 (includes Lisa bonus)
    2019:
    Regular Saver: £0.00
    LISA: £0.00
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No 15 reporting and alas due to three different insurance payments (one of which normally falls due in June), car tax and a humungous and unexpected vet bill, I have nothing to report this month. Better things next month, I hope.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Cottage_Economy
    Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 June 2018 at 4:08PM
    Options
    (update form done)

Afternoon chappies, reporting £500 for June and 50% of the way to my target for the year. I'm liking this 'paying myself first' lark.

Next month I have to do an account sweep up, as there are bits and pieces of money floating in all sorts of places. I have discovered some on credit cards, at the bottom of current accounts and have forgotten that I earn interest on savings etc.

I need to have a good roundup of all of it.

Oh, and hit my end of year target at work so that's a nice bonus coming soon. Whoop whoop! Going to have to buy an outdoor oil boiler with it though. Boo hiss!!

For reaching my work target and 50% of my savings target, I am treating myself to a small bottle of perfume.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    My May figures are in and I managed to put away £1,093.71 which is a lot better than I was expecting! I've decided that a "new" car is on the agenda so, for the first time since I started saving, this month's savings isn't all towards the house, and I'm allocating about 1/3 to a "new car fund". I'll still count it all for this challenge, although will keep my signature more accurate.

My other news is that I've landed myself a new job, which I'll be starting in September. A small pay rise is in the offing, which is great, although I'm gutted that the matched pension isn't as good as at my current place - something to think about when I'm more awake :) It also means I'll have about 2 weeks unpaid between jobs although a week of that will be while we're on a holiday that's already paid for, so I hope it won't make too much of a dent!

Coming up to half way now, eek!
  • Tales17
    Tales17 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Checking in for May, added £1235.17 this month so doing well now at 53% of target :D

Have updated spreadsheet x
    Grocery Challenge 2019 YTD-£820.46/£7200(11%)
    Grocery Challenge Feb - £93.10/£600(16%)
    £12k in 2019 #: Monthly Saving Accounts £500, Cashback & Competition Sites £2.59, Shopping Saving £152.09,Selling £121.26, Interest & Dividends £43.93, Surveys £0, 365 Day Penny Challenge # £103.44
    Total Saved - £923.31/£12000(8%)
  • Clare43
    Clare43 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello :) No 3 reporting £2139.60 for May :)
    Save 12K in 2020. Number 13
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Options
    mummytummy wrote: »
    slowlyfading is it too late for me to join the party? :D
    Not at all! I've added you to the spreadsheet - your challenger number is 144 :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Options
    Spreadsheet updated :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport