Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I had that blood test when pregnant. This was a much worse drink, although my memory could be being selective. This was a nutrient drink.

Oh mine was pure glucose:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Deja_Vu wrote: »
    I hate my clothes at the moment. I'm at that awkward between sizes phase where the current jeans are hanging off looking like a tramp and but the smaller ones are in danger of popping the zip if I'm caught out by a surprise sneeze.
    I'm thinking of changing to dresses with leggings, is that still a thing? I've never been into fashion but like the idea as it might be easier to shop for and alter as I don't really want to have to keep buying clothes that hopefully won't fit for too long.

Didn't fancy cooking tonight so thought I'd have the tin of lidl soup that's been lurking in the cupboard. Have to say it was much nicer than than the big brand but feel a bit miffed that it was 12 syns for the tin + the 16 syns for 2 slices of toast and smidge of butter which makes it work out more than a takeaway. I understand the sugars in it and not a third speed blah blah blah but I seriously doubt a tin of soup is going to do more damage than a chinese so I'm not going to count it. I've got my stroppy head on!

I live in leggings and jumpers . Haven't even got any skirts or dresses . Even work uniform is trousers and top with tabard. I am a kitchen assistant ibn school. That was reason for starting SW my work trousers size 18 wouldn't fasten I needed a 20 :eek:

Started SW week before long 6 weeks hols when went back work my 18s fitted. I am now wearing size 16 :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    I live in leggings and jumpers . Haven't even got any skirts or dresses . Even work uniform is trousers and top with tabard. I am a kitchen assistant ibn school. That was reason for starting SW my work trousers size 18 wouldn't fasten I needed a 20 :eek:

Started SW week before long 6 weeks hols when went back work my 18s fitted. I am now wearing size 16 :D

Skinny minny x

:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2017 at 12:15AM
    Options
    Text conversation with DS3

him - 'Sarah maybe staying overnight as I'm too tired to drive her home
    me - 'in the spare room' (we do not know Sarah)
    him - 'with me'
    me - 'ohh, no rude cuddles'
    me - I will pop her some pjs in your room and a toothbrush.
    him - please don't she won't need them
    me - no rude cuddles
    me - don't keep your brother awake he has work in morning
    me - we are drunk and dad is walking around naked
    him - please mum, be normal

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm just going to get all of his teddies out and put them all over his bedroom!!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Evening all
    Had a steroid jab in my shoulder today. The dam thing hurts more now than it did before :D yesterday wore me out I think- took it easy today. I’m going away tomorrow so trying to conserve energy (and cash :D) for then. I have a carefully planned shopping trip- I need vests, leggings, more jeans and underwear. I cleared out about 90% of my t-shirts yesterday- the result was empty drawers but of the remaining 10-12 of them at least they all fit. I’ve also got rid of the majority of my remaining size 22 jeans although it was embarrassing when I went to the docs this morning- I had a pair of size 22 jeggings on (I love them so refuse to get rid of them but they’re miles too big :D) with a pair of leggings underneath and the doctor said to me ‘how many layers do you need, it’s not that cold’ :D had to explain I’ve lost 2 stone 3.5lbs and so my clothes don’t fit me :

Today’s menu (SP day 2)
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, 2 apples, decaf coffee with part HEXA s/s
    L: Speedy ‘Heinz’ soup, HEXB wholemeal roll, 1 syn for spread. Arla Protein strawberry quark (1.5) with a Bournville Highlights (2) and fresh rasps, HEXA 500ml Alpro coconut Original drink
    T: Oriental salmon, butternut squash chips, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli (2 syns for oil) Fab lolly (4 syns) Vimto Zero fizzy
    S: Chicken (no skin) with a bit of salad. Quavers (4.5) Highlights Bournville (2)
    Syns: 16
    Sorry to hear your news Kathrynha. Take care of you xx
    Love to you all xxx

I had a steroid injection years ago and it really did the trick.

Must have felt good telling your GP about the weight loss.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OK I have a trip to the Trafford Centre planned as MRM needs shave cream and I want face wipes from Boots. More importantly, the Xmas drinks are released at Starbucks and I need a Gingerbread latte. My consultant posted on our FB page the syn values in the Festive drinks. It's 13 Syns for a Gingerbread Latte tall. Now I actually don't like Latte as I drink my coffee normally black so usually opt for a skinny cappuccino with the gingerbread syrup added. Looking on the SW App a tall skinny cappuccino is 3.5 Syns and a shot of syrup is 1 syn. If they have the sugar free syrup it's free. Have I found a hack?

I may also have lunch there and have my options listed (in order of preference that I like) Pret A Manger, Nando's, Spud U like, Subway. I really like Barburrito when I go there but can't find any Syn values.

For tea tonight I'm making Lamb Rogan Josh from Pinch of Nom.

Spent time planning meals for the week last night so will also food shop today.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan for dealing with the Trafford Centre Valm.

My plan for today:
    Breakfast in bed - porridge and fruit
    Lunch - HM soup that was in the freezer
    Dinner - HM chilli that was in the freezer

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - there will definitely be some

I am resting as I've been told. Just glad as I have meals in the freezer.
    Zebras rock
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Morning, hope you are all doing ok.
    Today's plan
    He a bob milk
    He b?
    B banana
    L sweet chilli chicken (1/2) salad
    D curry made with sw chip shop curry sauce. In it is chicken, onion, mushroom, peas served with rice
    Syns don't know yet, no booze as picking hubby up from train station late tonight might have some icecream or cheese and crackers (Heb)
    Hoping for another good day!
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on your size 16s tweets.

Enjoy your holiday Maman

Today's plan

Breakfast: none as running late for daughters dance class
    Lunch: Beans on toast (heb)
    Snacks: fruit
    Dinner: carbonara. syns for cheese and I'll put some roasted broccoli as a side.
    Saturday treat meringue nest with yoghurt and berries. Can't remember the syns I'll work out later but it won't break the bank.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

So this was my menu for yesterday and what I actually ate!
    esmy wrote: »
    B Bran flakes, rasps and 0% greek yoghurt, drizzle of honey
    L [STRIKE]ham and egg salad with LTL mayo, apple[/STRIKE] Too cold for salad so had gammon, egg, mushrooms tomatoes and beans
    snack - (late tea today) - [STRIKE]cauli and horseradish soup, 2 crispbreads[/STRIKE] Alpen Light and banana (didn't get round to making soup!)
    D Campfire stew from pinch of nom with green beans plus an apple
    Syns - honey, [STRIKE]mayo[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]crispbreads 3.5[/STRIKE] alpen light
    HEA is milk in coffee and tea
    So total syns 4 - very low for me but I enjoyed my food and didn't feel deprived!

Today as follows:
    B Berries and yoghurt
    L Leftover campfire stew, apple
    snack - Alpen Light 3
    D HM beefburger in wholemeal roll, HM sweet potato chips and large salad with LTL mayo, might have a bit of cheese on and syn it
    HEA Milk

Posting menus is really making me think about what I'm doing so I think I'll carry on. I've also weighed/measured again which I haven't done for a while. Beef stew done in the slow cooker tomorrow, not sure about lunch yet.

Enjoy the weekend all and have a great holiday Maman. DD2 went to Krakow early this year and loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure