Options

Comments

• orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all,

Happy New Year.

I've been AWOL for this challenge - and look what happens - 11lbs above target!!!!:eek:. It's been a tough couple of months, working stupid hours and with a poorly dog so no long walks to keep the exercise up plus of course eating far to much carp:o

Can you put me down for -14lbs please Kathrynha.

I've got a wedding to go to in the first week of February. Bought a dress, this one https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+outlet-joe-browns-womens-dresses-sale-little-leaf-dress+wd212 in a 12 which fits but would look a lot better with 7lbs off so that is my interim target.
  • Whiplashy
    Options
    I braved my own scales this morning. I usually weigh a couple pounds heavier at group, but I have a good idea where I am now. I am totally relieved with the result. Don't get me wrong, it's a massive gain :o , but nowhere near as bad as I thought! There's a certain number I saw on the scales about 5 or 6 years ago that I vowed I would never see again. I was completely convinced I'd managed to surpass it this time, but I'm actually still nearly a stone under it. Going to stop worrying now and just enjoy myself until WI. It will be Thursday evening, so back on plan Friday morning. I have absolutely nothing SW friendly in the house so I'll do a big shop after group to set me up for success :)
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2017 at 1:25PM
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed the match, maman (sorry, tweets). Well our manager put out a team today with 4 centre halves, 2 right backs and NO strikers – and we won 3-2! I celebrated with a cadbury’s caramel.

Thanks greentiger and congratulations on your win. Sadly I celebrated a bit too hard. Not just carrying on the wine syns when we got home from the pub but having crisps and chocolates and cheese as well. And I'd been so good having steak, salad and JP for my dinner!:D
    orlao wrote: »
    I've been AWOL for this challenge - and look what happens - 11lbs above target!!!!:eek:.
    I've got a wedding to go to in the first week of February. Bought a dress, this one https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+outlet-joe-browns-womens-dresses-sale-little-leaf-dress+wd212 in a 12 which fits but would look a lot better with 7lbs off so that is my interim target.

Good to see you back orlao and thanks for sharing the lovely dress with us. It's got me looking at one I fancy in Topshop. This site is supposed to be mse!:eek: Although it's one of the greatest NSVs from SW to be able to just find clothes that fit and don't look like tents. I'm still loving it 7 years on.:D

I'm afraid staying at target does take constant vigilance. I just use eating on plan as my default normal way of eating at home. The trouble starts when I eat out a lot.

Good news that you've not undone all the good work whiplashy. Why not work on a meal plan and shopping list for after WI?:)

I'm going to be better organised this year. I've always done a weekly meal plan and list even before SW. I find it saves both time and money but I usually just throw them away at the end of each week so that my menu on here is the only record. When I was getting back into range, I religiously wrote down every syn that passed my lips to make sure I stayed within 105 but on scraps of paper. I plan to keep a notebook for the coming year with my weekly SW menus so that I can look back and review which weeks were most successful.

We're having HB steaks tonight but with chips instead of as a roast. I'm going to try freezing the gravy to use another day. I made the Bolognese sauce last night so that needs portioning for the freezer too.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: probably ham salad and soup (like yesterday)
    D: HB steaks (mushrooms and onions) with SW chips and green stuff (broccoli, sugar snaps, peas and asparagus)
    Syns: cheese & crackers, fizz to toast 2018!:D

Hopefully tonight will be one of the last before getting back closer to 'normal'.:)

P.S. DH just said that a SW leaflet had been pushed through the letterbox!:rotfl:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Hello everyone - hope everyone is well & the festive season was good for everyone.

I had a lovely time away, as demonstrated by the weight gain lol, but felt brillant whilst I was away so I know I will get back with it in the new year.

That dress is lovely Mrs R - had to stop myself from pressing the buy button as I think now I need everyday clothes rather than going out clothes lol.

Can I put myself down for 14lbs for the next challenge as that will take me to my target weight (yes the gain was that bad!)

Have a good NYE everyone !
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Weigh in day.

My normal scales show no loss. But I am rather pleased as for a few weeks I have been using two sets of scales my normal rubbish ones and the posh ones that say I weigh 2 lb more than the rubbish ones - but also tells me I have lost 0.5 lb this week.... I am swapping to my new scales from the new year.

I have also realised that I can be good, but I cannot be good and have cheese and biscuits in the house!

Love the dresses.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,580 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    SSM - I think cheese is a big problem for a high percentage of people on SW! I love it but don't eat it very often - usually only have it on a Green day when I can have 2 HEAs. I often cook cauliflower cheese when I have a Green day if I can get one reasonably priced.

There a lot of people wanting big figures in the next challenge - good luck to everyone. I suspect I'll have quite a big number to lose when I come back from my holiday but I'm going to enjoy it.

Have more of less been sticking to plan since last week. Today is no exception!

B - fry up
    L - bottom of the fridge soup - using up everything I'm not going to need over the next few days before holiday - so loads of Speed; bread
    D - Roast beef in syn free onion gravy (LO from Christmas); roast potatoes; peas a la Francais; roasted carrot, onion & pepper

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - low fat spread 1

Denise
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    I fell off the wagon big time in the last few days before Christmas due to lots of work events, and haven't been considering what I eat or drink at all since :o

We're going to a friend's New Years Eve party tonight, so the plan is to weigh in tomorrow morning and start from scratch new year new start.

I was given the Marie Kondo book for Christmas so have spent the last few days decluttering and re-organising. :A I've only managed to do bedrooms and the bathroom so far, but according to the author a side effect of clearing out your clutter at home is often increased will power at sticking to a diet plan so here's hoping. My first target is going to be to declutter all the clothes in my biggest size by the end of February.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Joedenise - I agree about the cheese. I now get cheese portions, I think there cathedral city, from home bargains (as at tesco they are nearly double the price) for 99p for 6. Still get through between one and 2 packs a week but it stops me guessing

Maman - yeah I think I'm doing the same. Got given a diary from the coach trip so might use that as then I can keep track of what I'm eating, especially syns.

Been on the scales today and goodness knows how (I've eaten chocolate, had a Pizza Hut pizza and a few other bits) but I've lost a pound. So surprisingly hit target. Am really really shocked but it's a nice feeling. So I'd like to get the next 3 stone off this year to year and a half. Will be a challenge but if someone had said I'd be nearly 3 stone lighter after the hol id have but their hand off. Next target is to get to 12 stone 6lb mind as I'd hit the overweight bmi not obese (I think it was clinically obese when I first started as I was over 40.

Anyway want to thank you all as this group really does spur me on and keep me on track and feels like a mini family.

Here's to a happy, healthy and successful weight loss in 2018 folks
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,920 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I'm going to be better organised this year. I've always done a weekly meal plan and list even before SW. I find it saves both time and money but I usually just throw them away at the end of each week so that my menu on here is the only record. When I was getting back into range, I religiously wrote down every syn that passed my lips to make sure I stayed within 105 but on scraps of paper. I plan to keep a notebook for the coming year with my weekly SW menus so that I can look back and review which weeks were most successful.

Card Factory have A5 page-a-day diaries with ribbon page marker for £1 - I've bought a bright pink one to record all my meals / snacks / syns for 2018. They also do plain notebooks in a similar style for the same price - I think they're pretty good value.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :wave:
    Well done to all those that have lost or maintained:T:T the rest of us need to get our backsides in gear :o
    Orlao that dress is lovely:T
    I would like to wish everyone a Happy Slimtatastic New Year:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure