🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Will say well done to all the losers before i catch up as bet there are some :D:D:D:D
    Whizzing to catch up now
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Yeah, some reasonable news.
    Tumour shrunk and almost at a size they are happy to operate on. Back in three weeks, for another scan, and fingers crossed will get a date for operation.

So on all my drugs over Christmas, but at least the end is almost in sight.

Really pleased for you kathryna . Shame you have to have Christmas drugs but still good news. :xmassmile

Not going to group this week denise . In any event we've got a stand-in for 3 weeks as my consultant is off to Australia!

How does that offer compare with group prices? I need to do the maths. :)
  • bubbs
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    WI tonight ladies. I so want that 1 stone award. Taking some HM salsa for taster.
    Good luck :D
    Well done on all the losses. Some big ones in the spreadsheet, especially for so close to Christmas.

I am all partied out now. Feeling the need for speed food and sleep.
    Thankfully only a day and a half left to work this year.

At the hospital this afternoon for another scan and to see the consultant. Desperately hoping for some good news this time.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - porridge and fruit
    Lunch/snacks - generally don't feel like it with the stuff they inject in to me for the scan
    Dinner - beef stew that's already in the slow cooker

Hope you had good news xx

Maman the new books are January, i take the money at group, been thinking glad i wont be doing it January as bet its manic:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    https://www.magazine.co.uk/christmas-gift-ideas/slimming-world-magazine

If anyone wants the magazine use the code THANKYOU for a fiver off. Brings it to £13.50 for 7 copies which isn't bad. They include recepies and stuff
    maman wrote: »
    How does that offer compare with group prices? I need to do the maths. :)
    In group the magazine is £1.95, so 7 would be £13.65, so the magazine offer would save you 15p
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    Options
    Tumour shrunk and almost at a size they are happy to operate on. Back in three weeks, for another scan, and fingers crossed will get a date for operation.

:T:T:T:T good news, so pleased for you xx
    In group the magazine is £1.95, so 7 would be £13.65, so the magazine offer would save you 15p

I get mine free being social team :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Goodness, I haven’t stopped all day. Brain still whirring so no point in trying to sleep yet. May as well catch up on how everyone is doing.

Three stone SSM that’s amazing :j Well done you :T:T:T:T you asked what motivates me.... I think I got fed up of feeling rubbish and sluggish and not fitting into anything I wanted to wear. I would open my wardrobe, see lots of nice things that I used to wear but not be able to get them on. Not even close!

No underwear in the garden for me :rotfl: I’m completely overlooked!!

I have to admit my clothes were fit to burst... not they are huge on me. I put my suit on last night it was huge.... I tucked the trousers in my bra, and put a jacket that had been donated by a friends elderly mother who thought she was helping....she helped, I wore clothes that fit, but looked like a granny!

Now I have images of you in the garden with my underwear on!!!

Good luck VALM for your WI, I hope you get that stone tonight.

Best of luck for the hospital today KATHRYN. Good that you have a warming dinner already made to come home to. Hopefully you will feel able to eat it.

My sister is of the ‘sod it, it’s Christmas’ mindset and brought me a tin of quality street plus some other goodies last night. I did have a couple but overall I’m resisting and think that I can still do my body some good by being on plan and then relaxing to enjoy what I want next week. If I let things slip now, I could prob put on half a stone before Christmas. Bloomin weight goes on so easy!

Keep plodding everyone x

Step away from the chocolates......:D:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

So glad that you got reasonable news :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Valm~~Hope that you get your stone.

Moneysaverme~~He is not too bright today.
    He dident even come to see me when I came in :(
    But thanks for asking.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    I hope it goes well at the hospital today kathrynha :)

-1½ for me today.

Hoping that I can stick to plan until next Monday's WI, then relax it for Christmas day and Boxing day, and still have time to pull it back for the last WI :rotfl:

Well done :T:T:T:T:T

Hi all

Not at all surprised to report after eating coffee cake and bits in Chester plus Xmas lunch Friday a gain of

+2lbs

Never mind, will chalk it to experience. I've decided to revamp my challenge to get to 11 stone then safari as i didn't think I'd get this far and you guys really do keep me on task in all honesty

Going to my partners works do. Goodness knows how much he's planning on drinking as he won £70 on a bet and said he was going to spend it at the party. But I'll be getting the last bus home as I don't really want to spend £20 on a taxi and he works in a club and it's not really my thing (there's like 5 years difference but he seems older or I act younger. - even my team leader at work said she didn't think I was what I am - I said I act about 5 some days then mum repeated it at home which made me laugh.

You WILL make it to the 11 stone and you WILL go on the safari.... but if OH stays in the pub drinking his winnings, you need to take me on your safari instead of him!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options

You beat me to it:rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport