Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ESMY, I got my mirror half price from House of Fraser. It’s a leaning mirror too, it’s the Linea Florence if you want a look. It’s about 160cm in height. There was a bigger one, but it was 190 cm and it’s not a big room. Plus I’m not that tall!

That's lovely, just what I'm after. I'll have to wait till after Christmas as pay I was expecting for some work done last month hasn't materialized :( so no cash for treats for me.

Hope all goes well today Kathryn and you get some good news - long overdue.

Good luck those still to weigh in this week, and well done ChrisVon your loss.

Todays Menu
    B/L (again! Rushed out to watch GDs nativity...) 2 Aldi reduced fat sausages (3) egg and tomatoes, banana
    Snack Alpen light
    D Tandoori cod burger with salad (think I've linked the recipe before but here it is ) https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tandoori_cod_burger_93602 suitably adapted for SW, tangerines
    Yoghurt later if I want it.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Not at all surprised to report after eating coffee cake and bits in Chester plus Xmas lunch Friday a gain of

+2lbs

Never mind, will chalk it to experience. I've decided to revamp my challenge to get to 11 stone then safari as i didn't think I'd get this far and you guys really do keep me on task in all honesty

Going to my partners works do. Goodness knows how much he's planning on drinking as he won £70 on a bet and said he was going to spend it at the party. But I'll be getting the last bus home as I don't really want to spend £20 on a taxi and he works in a club and it's not really my thing (there's like 5 years difference but he seems older or I act younger. - even my team leader at work said she didn't think I was what I am - I said I act about 5 some days then mum repeated it at home which made me laugh.

Today we're having

Breakfast - had some cherries
    Dinner - fish and peas and veg with some gravy (5 syns for gravy I think it is)
    Tea - wrap with hex a cheese too

Keep going folk. Keep the chins up and we'll get there :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi all

Not at all surprised to report after eating coffee cake and bits in Chester plus Xmas lunch Friday a gain of

+2lbs

Never mind, will chalk it to experience. I've decided to revamp my challenge to get to 11 stone then safari as i didn't think I'd get this far and you guys really do keep me on task in all honesty

Really don't think that is bad at this time of year.

Scan done. Now just got to wait to see consultant. This is the worst bit but thank goodness to hospital WiFi for keeping me distracted.
    Zebras rock
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Really don't think that is bad at this time of year.

Scan done. Now just got to wait to see consultant. This is the worst bit but thank goodness to hospital WiFi for keeping me distracted.

Hope it's good new Kathryna
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed kathrynha.:A

Well done on your loss chris. It's not easy to get a loss at this time of the year.:T Have you really got to go to WI on Christmas day??

I think we're so lucky not to have to go to WI denise. Our timing getting back into range was prefect.:D I hope everyone else is in our position next year. Incidentally, I've found that you get a reminder when it's time for the website access to stop. It happened to me once, just a reminder that you need to go to WI. I'm not planning to leave it 8 weeks though. Do you know when new books come out? I'd like to have the talk about any changes but I don't want to go when it's really manic.

I'm trying to treat this as a fairly normal week as unless anything unexpected crops up there aren't any more parties until Christmas Eve.

We've got some YS chicken for dinner. It has syns but I thought it would be easy as I've got lots to do.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks, scrambled eggs
    L: ham, pickles, fried LO veg
    D: Hunter's Chicken, SW chips, green stuff (broccoli, sugar snaps, asparagus, peas)
    Syns: sauce 5
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Yeah, some reasonable news.
    Tumour shrunk and almost at a size they are happy to operate on. Back in three weeks, for another scan, and fingers crossed will get a date for operation.

So on all my drugs over Christmas, but at least the end is almost in sight.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Maman - my consultant hasn't said anything about new books at all but if they are going to issue new books I suspect it will be the first week of January as my consultant always does the new member talk that first week for everyone not just the new people. Are you going to group this week? If you are might be worth asking your consultant. Alternatively could you just text her?

Kathryn - glad it's reasonable news and you'll possibly get a date for an operation in a few weeks.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Maman - my consultant hasn't said anything about new books at all but if they are going to issue new books I suspect it will be the first week of January as my consultant always does the new member talk that first week for everyone not just the new people. Are you going to group this week? If you are might be worth asking your consultant. Alternatively could you just text her?

Kathryn - glad it's reasonable news and you'll possibly get a date for an operation in a few weeks.

Denise

First even slightly positive news I've had in months.

My SW consultant mentioned a while back that there would be new books in January. She didn't say which week, but first week back would make most sense because of the number of new members
    Zebras rock
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Yeah, some reasonable news.
    Tumour shrunk and almost at a size they are happy to operate on. Back in three weeks, for another scan, and fingers crossed will get a date for operation.

So on all my drugs over Christmas, but at least the end is almost in sight.

Arr that's fantastic news hun :)
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    https://www.magazine.co.uk/christmas-gift-ideas/slimming-world-magazine

If anyone wants the magazine use the code THANKYOU for a fiver off. Brings it to £13.50 for 7 copies which isn't bad. They include recepies and stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport