Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options
1117118119120121123»

Comments

• pecunianonolet
    Options
    adindas said:
    Can Moneybox and/or Plum accept DD from various banks? 

no you can only link one bank to Moneybox for DD for their various products but on Plum you can link multiple banks but can take DD from only one bank at one time.
    Thanks for the info, not really what I was hoping for. Was hoping to only need one account for 2 x DD with Natwest and 2 x DD with RBS for their rewards and to only set it up once and basically forget about it.
    You DO NOT need any DD for switching to Natwest and RBS, ULSTER to get switching incentive of £200
    Lol, I know that, got the bonus from two and should get Ulster the next 2-3 days. Once everything is settled on that front the next step is to create further income streams with their Rewards accounts. 
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

no you can only link one bank to Moneybox for DD for their various products but on Plum you can link multiple banks but can take DD from only one bank at one time.
    Thanks for the info, not really what I was hoping for. Was hoping to only need one account for 2 x DD with Natwest and 2 x DD with RBS for their rewards and to only set it up once and basically forget about it.
    For NatWest/RBS, to qualify for the on-going monthly rewards (not the switch incentive which doesn't need any DDs), a single mandate pulling multiple times each month is sufficient. Plum and Moneybox both let you set up a weekly deposit option, which I use to qualify me for rewards on both my NatWest and RBS accounts
  • PloughmansLunch
    Options

For NatWest/RBS, to qualify for the on-going monthly rewards (not the switch incentive which doesn't need any DDs), a single mandate pulling multiple times each month is sufficient. Plum and Moneybox both let you set up a weekly deposit option, which I use to qualify me for rewards on both my NatWest and RBS accounts
    That's good to know, I was just about to make a thread asking if this was the case for the Reward accounts
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    adindas said:

Ecology BS does DD, but since Birmingham Midshires and Post Office pulled out there are not many left. Can get a couple of credit cards, but that's a faff. I manage to feed all my DD-needy accounts by utility bills, Moneybox and Ecology.  When I get my second bonus instalment from TSB I will have 2 DDs free to use elsewhere if there are any new offers. 
    IF you still want another £55 with TSB you will still need to keep this 2DDs active and make minimum of 5 Debitcard payment for another 6 months

Yes, I've got another 4 months to go before I can use them elsewhere.... and the third condition is to pay in £500 p/m.
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

That's good to know, I was just about to make a thread asking if this was the case for the Reward accounts
    As far as I'm aware it's the same for pretty much any reward account. When I had my first Co-op account I had wealthify going out 4 times per month and that got me the £1 cashback alright. I've currently got Natwest satisfied by plum going out twice per month, and RBS with Scottish Widdows going out twice per month. 
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    datz said:
    Ecology BS does DD, but since Birmingham Midshires and Post Office pulled out there are not many left. Can get a couple of credit cards, but that's a faff. I manage to feed all my DD-needy accounts by utility bills, Moneybox and Ecology.
    For what it's worth, HMRC is always a great fall back when needed (self assessment amongst others). You can set up unlimited Direct Debit mandates (for as many accounts as you want), and you can customize the payment plans within each mandate (from one-off to regular payments, or no payment at all).

For switching offers, usually active mandates is all you need (without needing to pull a payment through it).

You mean I now have a reason to want to have a tax bill :smile:
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback