Savings/investment DDs and debit card deposits- An updated list

Options
Bridlington1
Bridlington1 Posts: 2,476 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 23 April at 4:14PM in Budgeting & bank accounts

Welcome to this thread. I have decided to create this thread to provide a regularly updated list of savings and investment accounts that can be paid into by direct debit and/or debit card for the purposes of satisfying the various bank switching offers and reward accounts that are available.

This thread is intended to be a continuation of the existing Savings accounts accepting DD's thread with the addition of savings accounts that let you make deposits by debit card.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss any of the items on this list and if there are any DDs/accounts that I have missed please mention these in this thread and tag me @Bridlington1 or send me a direct message so I can add them to the list. 

I have divided up the information here into 6 sections as follows:

• Savings accounts DDs

• Investment accounts DDs

• Miscellaneous DDs

• Savings accounts that let you deposit by debit card

• Investment accounts that let you deposit by debit card

• Miscellaneous accounts that let you deposit by debit card

I have included a brief summary of the terms and conditions of each account and where possible I have included links to each of the accounts on this list. I shall not be maintaining lists of items marked as "DYOR", such as charities, credit cards etc.

I have also made reference any refer a friend/sign up offers that any of the items on the list are offering as a remark. I have chosen to do this because I feel they may be of benefit to anyone who knows someone outside of this forum who could refer them/be referred by them. I must stress that this thread must NOT be used to request/exchange referral links or personal details. This also applies to private messages.

Note you can read the above paragraph to mean that I am NOT willing to refer anyone to any of the items mentioned on this thread via private message. Anyone who makes such a request is wasting their time.

Comments

• Bridlington1
    Options
    Reserved for future use.
  • Bridlington1
    Options
    Reserved for future use.
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 May 2023 at 9:48PM
    Options
    I seem to remember the minimum DD for Charity Bank being £10, although to be honest I've just searched for it in their assorted terms and cannot find any mention of a minimum, it doesn't say a minimum on their DD form either.
    Despite that I can say I've been happily depositing only £10 a month via DD to the 33 day notice account for some time, maybe it could be set for a smaller amount but as it's a savings account I'm happy to leave it at that.

Charity bank direct debit date is fixed at 10th of the month.  From the DD form:

Charity Bank offers a claim date of the 10th of each month only. If you require a different date, please set up a standing order from your nominated account

https://ca1-chr.edcdn.com/files/DIRECT-DEBIT-MANDATE-v240522-FINAL.pdf

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of using Scottish Widows Internet Saver.
    Whilst it is a DD to a savings account and will work for rewards/etc, it is painfully slow to set up and about as basic online functionality as you can get. Think of this as a long term direct debit on an account you're not going to change.

Oh, and thanks a lot @Bridlington1 for taking this on, the old one was now somewhat out of date. 
    Good to see the addition of debit card deposits to the list too.
  • Over62
    Over62 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 May 2023 at 11:26PM
    Options
    Thanks for this, will be very useful.

Can you add Family Building Society to your list of Savings Accounts that let you pay in by debit card.  I've found them to be useful for spreading debit card deposits around rather than just using Skipton and potentially annoying them.
  • Bridlington1
    Options
    kaMelo said:
    I seem to remember the minimum DD for Charity Bank being £10, although to be honest I've just searched for it in their assorted terms and cannot find any mention of a minimum, it doesn't say a minimum on their DD form either.
    Despite that I can say I've been happily depositing only £10 a month via DD to the 33 day notice account for some time, maybe it could be set for a smaller amount but as it's a savings account I'm happy to leave it at that.

Charity bank direct debit date is fixed at 10th of the month.  From the DD form:

Charity Bank offers a claim date of the 10th of each month only. If you require a different date, please set up a standing order from your nominated account

https://ca1-chr.edcdn.com/files/DIRECT-DEBIT-MANDATE-v240522-FINAL.pdf

Over62 said:
    Can you add Family Building Society to your list of Savings Accounts that let you pay in by debit card.  I've found them to be useful for spreading debit card deposits around rather than just using Skipton and potentially annoying them.
    Thanks for the information, these have now been added to the lists. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback