Starting over...

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• UncannyScot
    Options
    Great progress missus :)

Safe journey to the big smelly place and back again ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Uncanny - the trip to London was great but tiring. I was hoping to get loads done today but as usual my energy levels have nosedived. I was bunking in with one of my best friends Tuesday night and she was snoring quite a bit so no sleep for me :rotfl:turns out she's poorly with a virus so I'm waiting to see if that will catch up with me... Audition went quite well, although I'm never sure if I'm what people are looking for, and I managed to catch up with a friend who's in long term stroke rehab which was just lovely.

I have six gigs and a volunteer shift over the next three days, so this evening I'm going to cook, catch up on budgets, and relaaaaaax!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Options
    Off to a good start on the sales front - £415.80 in booking so far :j and today is another NSD - 4/15 so far.

Didn't get the audition, but I guess that's just as well because it would have involved even more travelling, and my poor car hit 190k miles this week!

Not much to add really, other than 2 gigs down, 4 to go!!

Have a great weekend xx
  • ladymay
    Options
    Time is seriously running away from me at the moment....

Up in London again for work and to see friends, after a meeting this afternoon about co-ownership of a new business. It's a vintage prop company which is right up my street, but the owner doesn't really know where she wants to take it so it ended up being a bit of a mentoring and advice session. She's incredibly talented so who knows for next year.

A few more gigs have come in (all for this year :j), taking my tally to £1031.60 in sales so far for September. On track but I don't know if I'll hit my target because I'm really struggling to find the time to cold-call or even follow leads. But work is a lot of fun and I've been approached by another booking agent who wants to work with me so yay!

Another busy weekend ahead - meeting, drive to London and theatre trip today - one of my best friends is in a show in town :D - tomorrow I have a gig in Essex, drive home tomorrow night, lunchtime gig in Somerset Sunday followed by a murder mystery night if I haven't fallen asleep by then!

Not sure how I'm doing on the financial front as I haven't updated anything in what feels like ages, but I'm probably spending more than planned on account of being so busy/hangry all the time :rotfl:

Right, I'd best head to the theatre... happy Friday!
  • ladymay
    Options
    I didn't end up going to the murder mystery night, which was just as well because Mum ended up in A&E with a torn meniscus and ACL :eek::eek::eek: I got there 10.30pm Sunday evening and got back home at 7am Monday morning. My sleep pattern is alllllll over the place and I've been awake since 1.30am... Work is incredubly hectic and I'm really struggling to help Mum at the same time. She has lovely neighbours who are helping to walk the doggo and popping in to say hi, but I'm currently extremely guilty that I'm not doing more for her :( And she keeps worrying about me and putting too much on me - like mother, like daughter!

Despite being so busy, I'm really enjoying myself! My reputation is really starting to precede me locally and another booker has contacted me to chuck a load of work in my direction. I booked in SEVENTEEN gigs yesterday, so my sales total this month so far is...

£3317.60 :j:j:j and six new clients :j:j:j

I still have a couple of leads to follow up but I'm chuffed to bits. I'm also down to the last couple of hundred left on the CC that's not 0% so if everyone pays me on time that'll be gone by the end of the month and I can start the EF up again and start saving for a new car.

No idea how many NSD's I'm on this month - I really feel that if I ever get a half decent sleep pattern, I'll be organised enough to account properly for travelling and emergencies, but for now it's strictly "Get through by any means necessary" - which mostly means meal deals and diet caffeinated beverages :D

Oh lordy, it's 6am and I'm still awake. I guess I'll just keep working until I exhaust myself. Definitely need a few more hours kip today - I'm modelling and singing in a vintage fashion show and the bags under my eyes are atrocious :rotfl:
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hope your wee mam is better soon and that you get a regular sleep pattern established.
    Great to hear that things are building up nicely with work, we know that your awesome and its nice to see that other folks are noticing that too ;)

Hope you get a kip and that you have a grand time modelling and singing :)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    Options
    Goodness me, what a busy couple of weeks! Mum is currently waiting for her MRI and is doing as much as she can but I'm still walking the dog every day I'm not working away and running errands for her. I'm trying to look after myself but my voice has taken a bit of a hit so I'm off singing atm and resting / sleeping as much as my body will allow.

I'm suuuuper skint at the moment, but it's because I paid off my interest heavy credit card :T still have some on my 0% deal but that's just ticking over until August. It's nice to know all my new equipment is fully paid for! I'm not sure how my budgets did last month as it all went a bit haywire but I took over £4k in bookings which I'm thrilled with - over £1000 is for next year which is a nice start. Assuming nothing goes wrong, I'm on track to save £1500 towards my emergency fund by the end of the year, but I'm hoping to squeeze it to £2000 by being frugal for the rest of the year and savvy with Christmas spending :cool:

Very short and sweet update, but all is well and I feel like I'm getting on top of things again
  • ladymay
    Options
    Those past six weeks have flown by!

Work is still going really well - I'm pretty much flat out until January and I very nearly have enough bookings next year to cover my rent already :j My savings are now higher than my the balance on my 0% CC so officially back in the black.

Although I'm saving as much as possible, I've made the decision to treat myself and my loved ones to a nice Christmas, so I've bought a new sewing machine (granted, it was a tenner in a charity shop but it works perfectly!), I'm booking in a facial, I'm joining the gym, and I've booked flights to see friends in Spain in the New Year. My American friends and family are getting presents (they all want British chocolate) and I'm really enjoying hunting for gifts for everyone. Assuming nothing unexpected happens I'm hoping to have £3000 in savings by the new year.

Health-wise I'm feeling better too. It's a work in progress, but after being tested for everything under the sun the conclusion is I need to sleep more :rotfl: I'm working on it, and the darker mornings are helping, but I was still up at 3am today. Still a way to go on that one...

Today is going to be stressful - I have a big industry showcase tonight and I get so nervous at these things! So I am going to potter and try to keep myself busy. Or have a nap.

I'll probably have a nap.
  • ladymay
    Options
    Work wins over the past 24 hours:

- booked a last minute Christmas party opposite Harrods (ooo la la!)
    - booked Valentine's Day next year, which means my 2020 rent is covered without touching my savings :j
    - both bookings are putting me up in fancy hotels :D

Today is a boring day of household chores, admin and music work before my gig tonight. It's rainy and grey down here so just plodding along with my list.

Have a great day x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had a quick catch up and wow you are doing amazing! Well done to you for all of your achievements so far! Don't forget to let me know about the motown show!

Have a wonderful Christmas x
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family