Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You're doing great :D

Enjoy your barnanananana bread
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Uncanny!

Mum's oven is well and truly fudged - 90 minute it took to bake the bananananananana (Scottish spelling?) bread but it was lovely.

Fingers crossed my silly brain will allow me more than three hours sleep tonight.
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    ladymay wrote: »
    Thanks Uncanny!

Mum's oven is well and truly fudged - 90 minute it took to bake the bananananananana (Scottish spelling?) bread but it was lovely.

Fingers crossed my silly brain will allow me more than three hours sleep tonight.

I'm guessing that "fudged" is a few letters of the alphabet away from what you actually mean ;) but I get ya :p
    Ba'R'nanananananana, there's got to be a R in it to be proper Scots :D
    Glad it turned out lovely
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    Options
    It does indeed substitute well for what I actually meant :rotfl:

Another rough night sleep-wise; 4-5 hours last night, rounded off with a horrible nightmare. I'm finding it impossible to relax at the moment.

Off to London Town today; first audition is tomorrow and job interview is Thursday. The more I think about it, the more I think the Entertainment director role would be perfect - I'd learn a new skill set and the two weeks on/ one week at home schedule would mean that every three weeks I could make progress with setting up the business while still earning a full time wage. Plus being employed will make it much easier to find a flat to rent... But first things first, I have to get my head out of the clouds and get the job :D

Wish me luck!
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    good luck!

hope you sleep better tonight
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • ladymay
    Options
    MeenaM wrote: »
    good luck!

hope you sleep better tonight

Thanks! Unfortunately the audition went exactly as I thought today - I'm definitely not the right kind of singer for that company. After the audition I took myself off to the National Portrait Gallery, that was a wonderful few hours. I saw so many gifts for people but I know I can't afford it right now. But buying presents is so much fun!

Sleep is still proving to be an issue - I managed about six hours last night but I'm starting to get teary a lot, which means I'm over tired.

Despite that, I had a lovely evening with my friend, and I'm seeing another tonight (who I'm staying with) and then one more after my interview tomorrow... I really hope the interview goes well - a management position would be lovely! Fingers crossed...
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Have everything crossed for you and wish you all the best
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow, is that the entertainment director one? That one does sound good.
  • ladymay
    Options
    Thanks, lovely people!

Just got back to Devon after a fantastic couple of days.

The interview went incredibly well - they made of point of saying at the end that they were impressed, so all fingers and toes crossed! Mumof4 - yes, this was for the entertainment director job... I find out next week!!

I'll have a look at finances and to-do lists and everything tomorrow, but for now I'm going to eat and head for bed because I'm shattered.

xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ooohhh fingers crossed for you. Sounds positive. You will let us all know won't you?

Rest well and have a fab weekend.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport