Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sounding very positive :D
    Wishing you all the very best
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aww thank you both! I will of course let you know :)

Since I've moved back I've had couple of things flare up due to my increasing stress levels - my jaw 'crunched' in October and has been manageable but not quite right since, and now it's gradually losing range of motion; and I'm now on my second migraine of the week. My medication is good, but before the breakup I suffered one every 8 weeks or so so they've increased pretty drastically. I'm really not coping very well with living with my Mum, I find it impossible to relax here, and while she's trying her best to not disturb me in the night, between her, the dog and the shouting outside I'm woken every couple of hours. I'm seeing the doctor on 5th February but I think I have to go to the emergency dentist to get help with the jaw.

To do today:

- Buy toiletries and random stuff on the list
    - Three loads of laundry
    - See aunty for lunch
    - Cancel Irish toll account
    - Look into whether I had any PPI
    - Hoover bedroom
    - Start looking for a therapist

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I've had a great few days but my emotions are all over the shop at the moment...
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    just stopping by to give you a virtual hug and hoping that things improve for you very quickly xx
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • ladymay
    Options
    Thank you so much Meena, I really appreciate it!

Feeling a bit more positive today, despite not getting half my list done yesterday. I've had a lovely family day - cousin and her daughter in the morning, and I was stuffed like a goose by my grandmother this afternoon!

I emailed my interview contact yesterday to thank him for the opportunity etc, and I got an unexpected reply this morning saying it was great to meet me and he's looking forward to chatting to me on Monday - I really hope that's a good sign!

Only plans for this evening are to walk Mum's dog, have leftover stew for dinner and make a plan of attack for next week. Feeling determined again!
  • ladymay
    Options
    To do next week:

- Sort postal order and send off tax and registration form for car
    - Buy and send off birthday card for my aunty
    - Cancel Irish toll account
    - Find therapist
    - Blitz flat one room at a time
    - Go to emergency dentist for jaw
    - Keep on top of finances
    - Contact nursing homes in database for work
    - See friends in Southampton
    - See friends in Liverpool
    - Get website sorted and launch it on social media
    - Work out twice
    - Get numbers and sort out what I need to order for baby shower I'm organising

I find out about the job tomorrow and I'm not thinking about it even a little bit... :eek::eek::eek:
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just checking in, sounds like you have had a couple of ups and downs since you got back. Good luck on the job tomorrow, I hope it all works out for the best and good to hear that you had such a lovely date, I need to get myself back out there but I'm so completely not ready to move on yet.

Like the sound of your list, keeping very busy and lots of travelling and getting out and about to see friends.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    Options
    Thanks DFD, bit of an emotional rollercoaster for sure but at least I'm not bored :rotfl:

It's been a really lovely day of catching up with friends, followed by a long walk with the dog. And I'm already in my pyjamas :D fingers crossed for an early night and a full 7/8 hours.

I'll let you all know when I hear tomorrow... xx
  • ladymay
    Options
    I GOT THE JOB!!!

:j:j:j

They've asked me to confirm by email today or tomorrow and to ask any questions - I think they mean "we expect you to have questions", so I have to have a think this evening.

Now the planning begins!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Woooo hoooooo congratulations.

You could always say something like.
    'I've got no questions currently, you explained things so well at the interview, but if questions arise as I'm going through the contracts, handbooks and other paperwork, I'll let you know'
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh You Dancer!
    Well done :D
    :j:j:j
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport