Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• Cheekster
    Options
    UNBELIEVABLE!

They are now saying that the offer expired at 9:30am on the 31st October, and I finished my application at 10am on the 31st, so therefore I didn’t qualify to receive the incentive.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're still lurking, the people who have received the £250 - what date did your switch complete and what date did the £250 go in?

Me and the wife switched on 20th November and still waiting. Although they have until the end of this week for the 70 days to be up.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sparx wrote: »
    If you're still lurking, the people who have received the £250 - what date did your switch complete and what date did the £250 go in?

Me and the wife switched on 20th November and still waiting. Although they have until the end of this week for the 70 days to be up.

Switch date was 16 November, YBS emailed on 18 January to say the £250 would be paid within 7 working days, it landed in my account the next day, Friday 19 January.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    Switch date was 16 November, YBS emailed on 18 January to say the £250 would be paid within 7 working days, it landed in my account the next day, Friday 19 January.

Hmm so I should have the same anytime now by those timescales! Hope it hasn't messed up... I've put in over £1k and had DDs go out 2 months on the trot.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options

I complained because they made a complete mess of my application and I found it impossible to contact them by telephone. They upheld my complaint and actually gave me £50 which I didn't expect. My switch was completed on November, 24th which gave me until January, 25th (62 days later) to get everything done. I was struggling to move a couple of direct debits and the 2nd one was finally paid yesterday just 3 days within the time limit by my calculations. I'm now waiting to see if I get paid and, if not, I will put in another complaint.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    It never pays to complain:D !
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    It never pays to complain:D !
    I didn't even make an 'official' complaint. I merely sent an email saying they had made it impossible for me to meet their time requirements because their systems were stopping me from completing my application in time and was very surprised when they came back to me and said they were extending the time limit and even more surprised when I got a letter saying they were giving me £50 in compensation!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

My wife's went in on day 63 (a Friday), mine didn't, nor on the Monday day 66, I called Tuesday, they confirmed that it would be paid by day 70, lo and behold within an hour or so of calling £250 paid!

So, try calling...
  • aparky85
    aparky85 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I gave them a call on Thursday to check when I'd be getting mine, and hey told me that I was on day 61, and to expect payment 10 working days from day 62 (which was Friday). Today (Monday) the £250 popped into my account.

Thanks very much Yorkshire/Clydesdale
  • Cheekster
    Options
    I wish they were being as helpful with my situation :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business