vernall Posts: 556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Switch date was 20th Nov too
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    Cheekster wrote: »
    UNBELIEVABLE!

They are now saying that the offer expired at 9:30am on the 31st October, and I finished my application at 10am on the 31st, so therefore I didn’t qualify to receive the incentive.
    If anything they did delayed you application so that it was late then you should telephone Customer Assist on 0800 917 1355 and make a complaint. If it was just that you missed the deadline, then I'm afraid you've had it!
  • Cheekster
    Options
    They didn’t inform me that I missed the deadline when I clicked the link with the incentive. I also received information about the requirements in order to receive the money.
  • DMN
    DMN Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Not received the £250 offer myself after switch complete on 8th November (applied to switch on 27th October). Over the phone I was informed I am not now entitled to this offer as I have a previously received a switching offer of £150 with Yorkshire BS before. I certainly do not recall this at all and I don't think I've ever had a current account with Yorkshire before. They said they would look into this and get back to me with details...
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 January 2018 at 11:17AM
    Options
    YBS must have been listening yesterday, both me and the wife received our £250 this morning. Easy £500! :)

Our switch date was 20th November for reference and application was 28th October.

Already have the NatWest switch going on for me and the missus now as well. Hopefully another £250 in the bag. :D

I think I've exhausted every bank now for switches? Think the only one I haven't is Santander (never done one?) and HSBC (may look at next)...
  • hgt
    hgt Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since I got my YB £250 payout, I initiated a couple of switches to get further switching bonuses. One from YB to HSBC and one from BoS to Natwest.

I'm surprised to say this based on my previous experience with RBS brands, but NatWest have absolutely wiped the floor with HSBC this time! I started both switch processes on the same day, but the process has been very different.

With NatWest, got given an account number instantly, straight onto internet banking, constant e-mail and text updates etc.

Whereas with HSBC, virtually no communications, very slow switch, paper based application for online banking etc.

So for those of you looking for another switching incentive after getting your Yorkshire / Clydesdale bonus, this might help you to decide where to try next!
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @hgt I already have the NatWest going on... HSBC is the only one left, what a nightmare!
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Just been on my NatWest app and my switch from Yorkshire B has now happened. If it weren't for the £125 incentive NatWest are paying I wouldn't have switched from the B account. I experienced no issues with them and received my £250 earlier this month. In a way I'm sorry to be leaving them, but the £125 incentive to move elsewhere outweighed my loyalty. Sorry B.
  • Noctu
    Noctu Posts: 1,553 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this info, my switch was 21st Nov, so I'm hoping I might see some cash tomorrow!
  • DMN
    DMN Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like I have had previously had an account with Yorkshire & they are sending me evidence I previously received an incentive. Apparently this has caught out many others like me. I just wish they had said earlier that I wouldn't be eligible for the £250 switch rather than sending me a welcome email with a list of all the things I needed to do to receive the incentive. Without this incentive I wonder if this account is worth having...the internet banking seems rubbish, but the app looks ok...may switch to NatWest now that appears to offer the £125 incentive even if previously held an account with them...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure