Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• deutsch
    deutsch Posts: 398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Checked today and £250 went in yesterday! Easy money. Goodbye Clydesdale - Hello Natwest
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    deutsch wrote: »
    Checked today and £250 went in yesterday! Easy money. Goodbye Clydesdale - Hello Natwest

Judging by the numbers of folk who are repeating this pattern perhaps we should have put in a bid for a block booking with enhanced benefits!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Those going to NatWest might be in for a less than easy ride...
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Those going to NatWest might be in for a less than easy ride...
    Well my experience with Yorks Bank wasn't exactly plain sailing! Took a week from when I first tried to even get the process started.........

Come on now- we need to 'earn' that money!!;)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Cheekster
    Options
    I should have received the incentive money by the 19th January, so I called them today to enquire about it, only to be told that the money has ‘failed’ because I haven’t downloaded and used the ‘B’ app, which I have done! I’ve been using it almost daily since I the switch took place on the 10th November. The woman who I spoke to seemed adamant that this was the reason for me not receiving the money. She also said that the team who deal with this aren’t working until Monday, so I can call and speak to them about it. How can I prove that I’ve downloaded and been using the app? *grumble*
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    What a shame !
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cheekster wrote: »
    I should have received the incentive money by the 19th January, so I called them today to enquire about it, only to be told that the money has ‘failed’ because I haven’t downloaded and used the ‘B’ app, which I have done! I’ve been using it almost daily since I the switch took place on the 10th November. The woman who I spoke to seemed adamant that this was the reason for me not receiving the money. She also said that the team who deal with this aren’t working until Monday, so I can call and speak to them about it. How can I prove that I’ve downloaded and been using the app? *grumble*

Will the download not be in your history on your phone, which maybe dated?

I would think that they are a link to you registering on the app, so If you have downloaded it and used it, speak to someone else to ask them to check the notes as you downloaded and registered on x date and this can be verified.

Not with B but with other apps when I have had to call the banks they always know what I have entered wrong on the app, or why things are not working so they must be a link to the app and telephone banking team.

Good Luck.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Have you used it to make any payments? If so it should say "MOB" in front of the entry in the account to signify a mobile transfer. I guess that could help your case?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • better21
    Options

Hello.

I think it may be worth looking back at the Terms. Because the way I read it was that you had to use the App or log on to Internet Banking inside 62 days.
    In fact I haven't even downloaded the App, never mind used it. I got my £250 switching fee last week.
  • Cheekster
    Options
    I have checked, and I’ve got multiple MOB’s per week, so hopefully they will be able to check that on Monday. Thank you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure