Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights

Options

Comments

• eaddy
    Options
    I put in a s75 claim to Tescobank for Monarch flights I had booked on their clubcard credit card. Today I have received a text stating my 'dispute' has been processed and refunded - great, but this says the retailer has 45 days to challenge this, and it ignores the claim I had put in for consequential losses (extra cost of an alternative flight). I have emailed them again (difficulty getting through on the phone) pointing out their s75 obligations but I wondered if other MSE users are experiencing the same issue, and where I stand if Tesco want to treat this as charge back and I don't! Presume I can go to the ombudsman?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eaddy wrote: »
    I put in a s75 claim to Tescobank for Monarch flights I had booked on their clubcard credit card. Today I have received a text stating my 'dispute' has been processed and refunded - great, but this says the retailer has 45 days to challenge this, and it ignores the claim I had put in for consequential losses (extra cost of an alternative flight). I have emailed them again (difficulty getting through on the phone) pointing out their s75 obligations but I wondered if other MSE users are experiencing the same issue, and where I stand if Tesco want to treat this as charge back and I don't! Presume I can go to the ombudsman?

Since there is no retailer still there to challenge it you will be fine.

As for the extra cost of an alternative flight, you will probably be bang out of luck, it was your choice to book an alternative.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    eaddy wrote: »

You can't claim for the extra cost of your new flights. It was your choice to rebook.
  • williamsd3
    Options
    Except the CAA phone now tells you the 20th October and the date has now gone back at least three times. Cannot book anything else until I get this sorted out.
  • bradders1983
    edited 16 October 2017 at 2:33PM
    Options
    williamsd3 wrote: »
    Except the CAA phone now tells you the 20th October and the date has now gone back at least three times. Cannot book anything else until I get this sorted out.

You do know the refunds are not instant, dont you? Loads have already got their form, you will be near the back of the claims queue and once approved they take a few weeks to appear.

Do you not have a credit card you can book a new trip on in the meantime? Thats what I have done. Will just put all my purchases for the month on the same card and pay them off straight away to fool the card into thinking the full balance is getting paid each month, until my refund is sorted.
  • richiedl
    Options
    I am going around in circles with this... can someone please help!
    I have a flight booked which I do have an ATOL certificate for. I have waited for an email as stated to do so, I have received an email but firstly it is from "jointadministrators @ schedule monarch co uk" and no mention of "Protect Claims" so that puts me off straight away. There is nothing attached, it just goes on about creditors and communications etc (sorry I don't care - just want to know how to claim!). It says about going to the "kpmg co uk/monarch" for more information where there is yet more pages of documents, the guides refer you back to the monarch.caa website which just says wait for an email. There is a 'Proof of Debt form' which you can complete and send in but is that the right form??? I have read elsewhere on MSE to fill that in for other claims such as if I was waiting for a flight delay claim - it doesn't look like that is the right form for just getting a refund with an ATOL certificate.
    I tried calling the number and it is just an automated message saying to go to website/email.
    Any help appreciated!
  • bradders1983
    edited 16 October 2017 at 7:59PM
    Options
    richiedl wrote: »
    I am going around in circles with this... can someone please help!
    I have a flight booked which I do have an ATOL certificate for. I have waited for an email as stated to do so, I have received an email but firstly it is from "jointadministrators @ schedule monarch co uk" and no mention of "Protect Claims" so that puts me off straight away. There is nothing attached, it just goes on about creditors and communications etc (sorry I don't care - just want to know how to claim!). It says about going to the "kpmg co uk/monarch" for more information where there is yet more pages of documents, the guides refer you back to the monarch.caa website which just says wait for an email. There is a 'Proof of Debt form' which you can complete and send in but is that the right form??? I have read elsewhere on MSE to fill that in for other claims such as if I was waiting for a flight delay claim - it doesn't look like that is the right form for just getting a refund with an ATOL certificate.
    I tried calling the number and it is just an automated message saying to go to website/email.
    Any help appreciated!

You have stumbled on the email from the administrators which I said a few pages ago would confuse people and clearly it has.

If you are a creditor of Monarch (maybe an airport or a fuel company) you fill in a proof of debt with KPMG who are the administrators. ALL PACKAGE HOLIDAY CUSTOMERS or THOSE WHO BOOKED FLIGHTS BEFORE MID DECEMBER need to wait for an ATOL claim form which is now being sent to everyone by the 20th at the latest, they keep putting it back.

If you don't have it by then, ring them up. Remember to check your spam email as mine went in there. However I get the feeling they have prioritised package customers as the value will generally be more than just flights.

Go to https://www.monarch.co.uk and it will divert to the info website.
  • richiedl
    Options
    Thank you for your quick and helpful response!

I did try searching the forum as well but couldn't find anything but yes that email had confused me! I knew they had extended the date again that we would get it by but assumed the email I had received was "the email".

Ah ok, I didn't think it was the correct form but with it being the only one - I bet they get loads of them filled in and sent though!

I followed all the steps on the monarch/caa website about the claim but as I say, just said "you will receive an email" - which, I thought I had.

Lets see what comes by Friday! Thanks for your help again! :T
  • Pumpkin101
    Options
    If you've been reading this thread you should have seen a post a few days ago that said Monarch extended their date for sending claims emails to 16th October, that's assuming you booked direct with Monarch and First Aviation issued the Atol certificate.

Hi thank you I didn’t see that message. However, it is now the 17th and I still haven’t received a claim form. Can somebody indicate the e-mail address it comes from/subject line? Anybody else still waitjng for their email?

Thanks!
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Pumpkin101 wrote: »
    Hi thank you I didn’t see that message. However, it is now the 17th and I still haven’t received a claim form. Can somebody indicate the e-mail address it comes from/subject line? Anybody else still waitjng for their email?

Thanks!

A few posts above it says the CAA are now saying the deadline for receiving the emal is the 20th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure