Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We have insurance through Staysure and paid extra for (Connecting flight cover) I am not sure how to go about claiming.

You claim from Staysure through their standard claims process.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Davidnotmark
    Options
    N4t4lie wrote: »
    When is your departure date? Looks like they are still dealing with those on holiday or who were about to go.

27th October so just under 2 weeks time. They said it may take up to 60 days so I'm not massively worried yet, but I was just wondering if anyone who booked through lastminute had received anything? x
  • Assistant
    Options
    Hello

Pleaes can someone advise

I booked aall inclusive holiday with Monarch Holidays using my Visa debit card.
    I was due to take the holiday in April 2018. I received a ATOL certificate when I booked.

However I have not received a claim form from ATOL?

I have contatced my bank , Nationwide, to ask for help in claiming the money back, they have taken two weeks to reply.... and have sent a standard letter saying they will look into it?

I am so confused by it all

Do I attempt to claim the money back from my bank?
    Or
    ATOL, When i receive a claim form?

All advise greatly welcomed
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Assistant wrote: »
    Hello

Pleaes can someone advise

I booked aall inclusive holiday with Monarch Holidays using my Visa debit card.
    I was due to take the holiday in April 2018. I received a ATOL certificate when I booked.

However I have not received a claim form from ATOL?

I have contatced my bank , Nationwide, to ask for help in claiming the money back, they have taken two weeks to reply.... and have sent a standard letter saying they will look into it?

I am so confused by it all

Do I attempt to claim the money back from my bank?
    Or
    ATOL, When i receive a claim form?

All advise greatly welcomed

All the information about claiming, and who from is on the CAA website.
  • Pumpkin101
    Options
    Hi there,

I did a large group booking with Monarch before 15 Dec 2016 and have the corresponding ATOL certificate detailing FLIGHTS ONLY in the bottom right corner.

According to the website I should have received a claim form by last Wednesday to my means of booking the flights originally (which was E-mail). However, I haven't received the E-mail.

Has anybody else received it? Or is anybody else in the same boat as me? Does anybody know what I can do?

Thanks!
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Pumpkin101 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I did a large group booking with Monarch before 15 Dec 2016 and have the corresponding ATOL certificate detailing FLIGHTS ONLY in the bottom right corner.

According to the website I should have received a claim form by last Wednesday to my means of booking the flights originally (which was E-mail). However, I haven't received the E-mail.

Has anybody else received it? Or is anybody else in the same boat as me? Does anybody know what I can do?

Thanks!

If you've been reading this thread you should have seen a post a few days ago that said Monarch extended their date for sending claims emails to 16th October, that's assuming you booked direct with Monarch and First Aviation issued the Atol certificate.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The CAA website has got a bit confusing now

https://monarch.caa.co.uk/atol-claims-and-refunds/monarch-refunds/

The process flow on that page now seems to suggest if you have an ATOL certificate to fill in the claim form with no mention of credit card chargebacks/S75 claims. Odd.

The only letter on there now to give to credit card companies relates to Monarch Airlines booking post 16th December 2016
  • CliveA
    Options
    I approached Lloyds Bank for a chargeback on my flight cost.

They said that because the flight was booked online through Opodo ...the chargeback was invalid because Opodo had done what they were supposed to do (ie. book a flight).

How can I progress this ?

Thanks
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CliveA wrote: »

They said that because the flight was booked online through Opodo ...the chargeback was invalid because Opodo had done what they were supposed to do (ie. book a flight).

Thanks

You need to read the guide on the MSE site

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/monarch-airlines-collapse-latest-info-and-your-rights?_ga=2.49419174.1655597949.1508137925-1341431290.1485177202

See section called "What if I booked with a travel agent or website like Expedia?"
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    CliveA wrote: »

Thanks

Who is the issuer on your Atol certificate? Presuming it was Opodo then they are responsible for protecting your booking, and they refund you.

Your bank are correct. Any chargeback would have to be against Opodo, and they are still trading (unfortunately) and have done nothing wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure