Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We booked a package holiday through a company called
    Deal of the day for October last year flying with Monarch. Even have the ATOL certificate

Due to Monarch going they refunded us the accomodation but said we had to wait for the £284.29 flight money as they have to wait for it first. Its now March

Am I right in thinking there will be no refund? I spoke to them in January and they said they are still waiting on a descison from Monarch.

This wasnt paid for on credit card and at the time travel insurance wasnt taken out

Just need abit of advice. Thanks in advance.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have an ATOL Certificate that identifies Deal of the Day (that cannot be its proper name, maybe Jetline Holidays of Barnet?) then you shouldn't be waiting for anything. If you bought a package you only have a contract with them and they should have refunded all your money, they should have insurance against airline failure but I have no idea whether they have or not. Tell them you want the outstanding money within 7 days or you will report them to the CAA for a possible breach of their licence.

This only applies if your ATOL Certificate says 'Package Holiday' in the bottom right hand corner, check and make sure that it does.
  • acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, yes sorry it does say Jetline holidays.

I've spoken to three people and written to them since october and all have said I have to wait. Even though I have this certificate stating package holiday

So I can still claim for this?
  • acebanditcat
    Options
    Just spoken to them again and she said I have to waiti as they still havent heard from Monarch.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are never going to hear from Monarch, they went bust. It is entirely their responsibility to pay you back, no one else's. So on the basis they are not going to comply with their legal obligations, complain immediately to the CAA who run the ATOL scheme. Here are the words direct from the CAA to ATOL holders such as Jetline

"In respect of package holidays, ATOL holders who do not replace the components that are no longer available with an alternative should offer a substitute package holiday. If that substitute package is not accepted by the customer, or if you are unable to offer a substitute package, the customer is entitled to cancel the contract and you must provide a full refund for the complete booking. In such circumstances, customers are entitled to make a claim for compensation from you. Such a claim may include the costs incurred by the consumer in replacing the components of the cancelled holiday, including alternative flights, to allow them to complete their holiday."

You can contact the CAA by phone or post:

Consumer Protection Group
    Civil Aviation Authority
    CAA House, K3
    45-59 Kingsway
    London WC2B 6TE
    Telephone: 0207 453 6700 (9am to 5pm)
  • acebanditcat
    Options
    Just rechecked bottom right hand corner.
    It says Flight-Plus Sale.

Just spoken to a lady in the claims at CAA and she said I have to write to Jetline and request a refund for the flights.

Thanks you ever so much for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport