🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Great British Invest off or Passive V Active Updates

Options

Comments

• Bostonerimus1
    Options
    Bostonerimus$   150844
    Bostonerimus£   159224
  • Prism
    Prism Posts: 3,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Prism Global - £170,147
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

BLB53                            £126,051       26%

TBC15                            £161,682      62%

Digger UK                       £159,508      60%

Finellah VLS80               £139,993      40%

Vanguard FTSE All Cap  £161,668     62%

Well mostly quiet till mid month then oh dear. Very much the tale of the two Smiths at the end of the month. Fundsmith limiting losses and Smithson valiantly protecting me from any hint of CGT for yet another month.

• Prism
    Options
    Prism Global - £166,355
  • TBC15
    Options

BLB53                            £123,584       24%

TBC15                            £154,841      55%

Digger UK                       £171,348      71%

Finellah VLS80               £136,703      37%

Vanguard FTSE All Cap  £157,246     57%

Well not the best start to our 7th year.

TBC15 down 4% over the month with Smithson doing its best to put me in the poor house with -10% and trading at a discount of 14%

Digger UK doing very well with the world going to hell in a handcart.

• Bostonerimus1
    Options
    Bostonerimus$   140824
    Bostonerimus£   154790
  • coastline
    coastline Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 November 2023 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Just to throw in a bit of inflation from the start of the thread 29th SEPT 2017 . UK CPI 27% and RPI heading to 40%.

Vanguard FTSE Global all cap index ..UK CPI...UK RPI chart. Set to Sept 29th 2017 to present day.

Chart Tool | Trustnet

BOE have CPI at 27%..

Inflation calculator | Bank of England
  • TBC15
    Options
    coastline said:
    Just to throw in a bit of inflation from the start of the thread 29th SEPT 2017 . UK CPI 27% and RPI heading to 40%.

Vanguard FTSE Global all cap index ..UK CPI...UK RPI chart. Set to Sept 29th 2017 to present day.

Chart Tool | Trustnet

BOE have CPI at 27%..

Inflation calculator | Bank of England

Thank you, my chips are now totally inedible.

• Prism
    Options
    Prism Global - £159418

Due to the fact that my platform has scapped its model porfolio feature seemingly without notice I have lost access to the 'copy' that I was using. I no longer contribute to my SIPP so from now on I will use a ratio of the live porfolio. However even then the platform isn't great at showing historical info such as valuation on a certain date. Its today or nothing. So occaisionally I might miss one. It also means that platform charges of about 0.15% will be included in my results.

On Smithson and some other trusts that I hold. The discount are now getting a bit silly. I have two trusts at around the -50% mark and two mainstream ones at -5% and -15%. Pretty volatile stuff and maybe too volatile for too long in retirement. There is little point with being satisfied with Smithsons index leading NAV return if the share price return is so poor. I have time to wait but at some point you would expect to see returns regardless of discount.

• TBC15
    Options
    Prism said:
    Prism Global - £159418

Due to the fact that my platform has scapped its model porfolio feature seemingly without notice I have lost access to the 'copy' that I was using. I no longer contribute to my SIPP so from now on I will use a ratio of the live porfolio. However even then the platform isn't great at showing historical info such as valuation on a certain date. Its today or nothing. So occaisionally I might miss one. It also means that platform charges of about 0.15% will be included in my results.

On Smithson and some other trusts that I hold. The discount are now getting a bit silly. I have two trusts at around the -50% mark and two mainstream ones at -5% and -15%. Pretty volatile stuff and maybe too volatile for too long in retirement. There is little point with being satisfied with Smithsons index leading NAV return if the share price return is so poor. I have time to wait but at some point you would expect to see returns regardless of discount.

Have you thought of using Trustnet for your model portfolio? Saves a lot of faffing about.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure