🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did you stick to the budget HHOD?!

Yay to all the steps you are doing, you're on fire at the moment!!

Re the milk ours was same in the c00p yesterday but I bought 2 for £2 which made it £1 each :money: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    HH how did the shopping go ? I think all your walking is great and charting your progress helps.

I didn't do too badly Cumbria £75.56, but I put three items back to get the price down to that :T.

I didn't do many steps today as only walked around Mr T, 7,542 so far :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2018 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Blaze for me - which is a watch one, I used to have a zip, and then a one which are the little ones that you hide in pockets. Been tracking steps for years but have the odd fit of not bothering.
    Badmemory totally agree on the 250 step thing, and the steps at midnight. I do circuits of the house while my bath is running. One day he will sort the slow running hot tap and my steps will drop.

How did the shop go HHoD? I think its really hard to buy enough milk on single shop, so our top ups tend to be milk and bread and then all of the co-op falls into my basket.

ETA well done on putting things back. Its too easy to just let it slip every time.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Did you stick to the budget HHOD?!

Yay to all the steps you are doing, you're on fire at the moment!!

Re the milk ours was same in the c00p yesterday but I bought 2 for £2 which made it £1 each :money: xx

The shop was doing two for £2.50 which didn't seem much better :eek: :mad:. I'll walk to the Coop next time even if it is further.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Extra steps and all that :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 17 January 2018 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Thanks Purplemum :)

My Fitbit, which is a Charge 2, does tell you the time and date, as well as steps, floors, heart rate, how many miles, how many calories and even how well you slept! What's not to love? :heartsmil:heartsmil:heartsmil

Mine was about £100 :eek: and DH got it from Argos (best price he could find) for an anniversary present :).

So if you have a birtday/anniversary coming up Carboot, you could drop a few hints :D.

Thanks for that info:T. It does sound appealing:j

Sadly, there's no date when anyone might give me money or buy me a gift as expensive as that until my birthday at the end of October:(. Will have to self-fund it as I'd probably get a lot of use out of it when the weather picks up a bit.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    carbootcrazy, do you do swagbucks? Collect Amazon vouchers, buy one that way. I do about £20 each month that way. They do sometimes get sold off cheap as they are discontinued (think I paid £30 for a One from Maplins) Keep an eye on ebay for people who don't get on with them, Have a look in the £shop for a simple pedometer if its just step counting that bothers you. Just some thoughts! Ask around, a girl I worked with bought one and never actually wore it, more money than sense.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,780 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the shopping :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Blaze for me - which is a watch one, I used to have a zip, and then a one which are the little ones that you hide in pockets. Been tracking steps for years but have the odd fit of not bothering.
    Badmemory totally agree on the 250 step thing, and the steps at midnight. I do circuits of the house while my bath is running. One day he will sort the slow running hot tap and my steps will drop.

How did the shop go HHoD? I think its really hard to buy enough milk on single shop, so our top ups tend to be milk and bread and then all of the co-op falls into my basket.

I dance around while I clean my teeth to clock up more steps :rotfl:.

I physically can't fit enough milk or bread into the fridge or freezer for a full week and fruit tends to go off quickly, but I try not to buy anything else on top up shops.

My shop was only £2.50ish over budget today :D.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    carbootcrazy, do you do swagbucks? Collect Amazon vouchers, buy one that way. I do about £20 each month that way. They do sometimes get sold off cheap as they are discontinued (think I paid £30 for a One from Maplins) Keep an eye on ebay for people who don't get on with them, Have a look in the £shop for a simple pedometer if its just step counting that bothers you. Just some thoughts! Ask around, a girl I worked with bought one and never actually wore it, more money than sense.

I was about to suggest survey money :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news on the shopping :)

Thanks beanie :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport