Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I do wish you could do more PA surveys on a tablet, as then I could do them at the weekends and evenings.

Tooth hopping sounds like I dance on teeth :rotfl:
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope you manage to get out for your walk tomorrow HHOD xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'll definitely go MTG, the question is how wet will I get? :eek::rotfl:
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I do wish you could do more PA surveys on a tablet, as then I could do them at the weekends and evenings.

Tooth hopping sounds like I dance on teeth :rotfl:

The PA surveys are annoying for me now. They tend to pay well but since our recent IT security upgrade at work the system won’t let me access the PA surveys on my PC anymore so I’m stuck with doing them on the iPad and on quite a few of their surveys you need a PC or laptop. :(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I think the you Gov surveys are really drying up :(
    I agree, I thought it was just me. I seem to only get about two a month, and one of those is the prize draw one :mad:.

I get 2 or 3 per week and I thought that was too low :eek: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    2 or 3 a week, that's good Lucky!

I'm lucky that I have a PC in our home office, but I refuse to go in there at weekends.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,713 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey, Lucky that's ok.
    I seem to only get one every 10 days - 14 days.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I thi k I get less YG surveys now my children are over 18. Plus I rarely do anything, go anywhere, or buy anything :o. Still, thank goodness for PA :T.

Today is my walk followed by boring old work.

I was going to go to the post ofice for my passport to be Checked and Sent, but my friend had to cancel signing it. So that willbe a job for next week now.

I don't know many people in full time work, in particular jobs, who have known me for two years, and who aren't related, who can sign my passport form. My doctors won't do it and I work from home so can't ask my boss :rotfl:.

So we have to keep asking the same friend for that type of thing. Luckily she doesn't seem to mind and I always take her flowers or chocolates :).

Have a good Friday everyone :).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You would think in this technically advanced world they would have come up with a different way with passport photo identification. It is a pain to get people to sign them.

Have a lovely walk HH . Today I am hoping to get through childminding with the least possible fuss and hardly any voice. Roll on 5pm.
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Making extra money through surveys is very time-consuming. I've been doing them 11 yrs now: best year 2006 with £3145, worst year 2017 with £624 ! Most years in between.
    I'm also signed up to the local university Memory & Ageing studies in which I act as a control participant. Got £50 this week for an MRI study.
    Toluna is pretty good, & Global Testmarket, plus Pinecone if you can get on it. I find YouGov slow to get anywhere.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback