Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I did my walk this morning. It was actually sunny, but the ground was waterlogged after the rain and dogs were playing in giant puddles :rotfl:. The light was lovely, there's something about early morning sunlight after rain.

Then we got some work done. I did two PA surveys :T.

DS3 has revealed that he's had two more university offers, so that's four in total :T. He must have had a good reference from college and his personal statement was very good :).

My step total is 10,190 so far and I've been good with my eating, so I'm hoping I might have lost a pound tomorrow. I'm starving atm if that's anything to go by :eek:.

Have a good Friday everyone :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh no beanie, are you trapped without food? I suppose they're not delivering from shops in the snow. Can you ask a young neighbour to go to the shop for you?

I do have other food.
    Rationing my coffee:eek:
    I am one of the youngest in the street:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    beanie, will milk&more deliver to you? expensive way to buy milk but it might mean a morning delivery. Just a thought, don't like to think of rationed coffee.
  • beanielou
    Options
    beanie, will milk&more deliver to you? expensive way to buy milk but it might mean a morning delivery. Just a thought, don't like to think of rationed coffee.

Had not heard of them.
    Sadly they dont cover my postcode :(
    Thanks though :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I know, rationed coffee sounds like torture _pale_. Any idea how long the snow will last beanie?
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Til Sunday I think :(
    Also greatly craving angel delight & smarties :rotfl:

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2018 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Do you have any hidden tins of evaporated milk or anything? We have an emergency tin for OHs coffee, he wont drink longlife but classes evap as a high treat.

ETA is there a local 'good neighbours scheme'? The scouts do emergency deliveries round here, in a clapped out old land rover. Is there a 'spotted in X' group on Facebook who might help? We (OH mainly) clear the road so the carers can get through, and I get bits for those who can't get out. I remember just how grim it was when my fibro was at its worst and OH was away most of the time, and nobody helped.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Til Sunday I think :(
    Also greatly craving angel delight & smarties :rotfl:

We always crave things we know we can't have :rotfl:. You could write your dream shopping list and try and get hold of it somehow.

You won't want to last that long without milk etc beanie, some of your neighbours could be running short of things too. Would your local council do a mercy mission if you could get hold of someone?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's £72 for a new passport Cumbria :eek:

I don't do Mystery Shopping any more as it just wasn't cost-effective with all the (unpaid for:eek:)driving I had to do to the various assignments. I did one fantastic one though a few years ago which involved getting a passport by having the application checked and sent off at a travel agent. The total cost of the passport was reimbursed by the MS company as well as a generous fee for doing the assignment and submitting a report. I needed a passport anyway (that was a stipulation for the job:rotfl:) so I saved a pretty penny without much hassle:j

When I renewed it recently (don't know why I bothered really as we never go on holiday but I like to have official documents for ID purposes) in the photo I sent I didn't look anything like I did in the one on the old passport. I didn't bother getting the new photo countersigned and fully expected them to return it and ask me to get it done. They didn't though and issued my replacement passport without a hitch:j. Made me think the passport Office workers are a bit lax:eek:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Wow, carbootcrazy, that was a fab MS :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback