NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 13 - spend day today on bread, bananas and cat food. Also paid for the work Christmas meal, could've just paid £5 deposit but decided to get the whole £20 out of the way.

Exercise was 19553 steps which included 30 minutes in work gym at lunchtime.

Still no heating on :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in #13/30
    Now at NSD#10/18
    Attempting to get on top of household jobs. Have found the dining table under the piles of paperwork.
    Feeling the cold today but have resisted putting on the heating.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spendy day today on SW weekly fee and then chicken and chips after weigh in :rotfl:

Dogs walked and finally found the right paint colour for the bathroom so I'll buy that and finish the painting at the weekend.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Check in 13/30. another SFD today, 7/18. Lunch to work 9/21
    Exercise 0, social life 0, me time 0 but I'm ok with all those 0's today. tomorrow will be spendy, social-y and exercisy.
    heating still off even tho' it is cold in here. Keep going everyone, we'll soon be at the halfway mark.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • redofromstart
    Options
    NSD for me, cracking headache so no exercise.
  • LollyPop0312
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Is it your first?

No third..but with the other two we were much more spendy people! Now we have no debt and saving for a house so very different situation, we wanna stay within our means!
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Went to crafts and walked home. Took me about 6 hours of effort to get to that stage. Less pain today but severe dizziness when I stood up. Did wonder if I would be able to approximate a human being for two hours but coped (not many people there today which helped). Best of all - left a pile of cardboard and contents of two large bags for life in the cupboard there, so more space in my bedroom.

Feeling relieved that it is nearly the end of the week. Tomorrow I have to do shopping of some sort and I intend going to mum's. Will combine my shop with hers and taxi hop everywhere, unless I improve. No SFD today as I bought sandwich stuff plus on the way home from crafts (feel I need to eat but don't want anything fancy.

Today I am grateful for companionship and co-operation (4 of us holding something that was slow to stick down), an idea I had turning out well in practice and being able to walk (slowly for 15 minutes) without falling over or needing to stop and hold onto something.

I haven't put the heating on but I am wearing a thick cardigan over my dress.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Tjzdazz
    Options
    At the beginning of the month I set my budget (using the envelope approach) and so far sticking well to it. Food shopping cost has such a big impact on our overall budget so trying to use up cupboard as much as possible and meal plan.
    Walking the school run every day regardless of weather and have taken lunch to work without fail.
    No heating on here yet though it's cold today.
    Only 3 SFDs due to special birthdays at the beginning of the month.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Still on NSD 9, had to put petrol in the car yesterday, which was odd as I am doing the same journeys as last week, only the petrol has run out 2 days early.

Am due a £150 refund on a cancelled credit card payment, so that's nice, but annoying that the money is stuck on the card. Might do a £150 food budget next month. Hardcore!

Today will not be a NSD as I need cash for the scaffolders tomorrow and I
    need more rawl plugs (whoop whoop! Does that go under 'me time' or (house) 'beauty spends' ) Tomorrow will be a planned spend day as well, more cash for scaffolders and whatever else I need to make the weekend spend free.

Urgh, just realised school photos next week so will need 4 x haircuts. Will do that Friday too.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Check in 14/30

Today WILL be NSD 7 :D

Nothing much planned. Need to do a room turnaround for another one nighter but then have someone staying for 4 nights. We have the room booked every night till 26/9. I've then blocked 2 weeks as I have an op on 27/9. It'll be strange just being the 2 of us for a while.

Beauty spends - 0

Using up stuff - cooked chicken out of the freezer for dinner. (every little helps :D )

Me time - netflix and crochet later

Selling a few things on eBay so anything I make I'll put into savings.

Exercise - not yet but will go out for a long walk. It's not raining here at the moment!

Heating - nope. I got the extra covers out for the guests though. No-one's complained yet but I feel strangely guilty.

Have a lovely day scrimpers

VB x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family