NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Options

Comments

• ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Love the Roald Dahl costume Greent very MSE!!

NSD here today and finally made some phone calls I had been avoiding for a while so productive day. Me time will be watching some catch up tv, gotta love BBC iplayer
  • LollyPop0312
    Options
    Onto NSD 6/18..few yellow sticker treats again, yay!

Totally agree..autumn is so snuggly and comforting..love it..and means Christmas is around the corner..exiting times!

Am 3 weeks away from my due date..thinking I'd better get a bit of food preparation so we don't end up living of take outs when baby is born..any advice anyone?

Hope everyone enjoying the challenge..everyone seems to be doing really well :) xx
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Spending day, planned hair cut and colour which doubles as time for me.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 September 2017 at 8:14PM
    Options
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    Foxgloves and thrifty- I've never liked the dark nights and mornings- what do you like about them?

Not having to use Factor 50 sun block every hour, not being awake at 4am cos it is light (my brain knows,even through blackout curtains) , hayfever, feeling like a kid being sent to bed early even though it is 10.30 cos it is still light. Heat. I think I was made for Nordic winters.

Give me crunchy leaves, a warm scarf. and a cold nose any day. I think I have SAD in reverse. Old goths don't die. Or I might possibly be a bat. Either or.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options

Am 3 weeks away from my due date..thinking I'd better get a bit of food preparation so we don't end up living of take outs when baby is born..any advice anyone?

Is it your first?
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A SFD as I have slept through most of it. Trying to tell myself it is my body healing itself (and a great relief from the headache and earache which are not shifting) but frustrating when I have so much to be getting on with.

If I can't change it, I have to accept it.

Today I am grateful for a lovely bed (still only have a light summer quilt over me), a good read (even when I only manage 2-3 pages before nodding off again) and invalid food (bananas, wraps, fruit and jelly).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Foxgloves - what are you knitting?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 12/30
    Goodness, this month is racing past :eek:
    Spend day today, bit of shopping in Lidl, had to pay for the dog to be groomed (he looked like a small and not very clean version of the old fashioned mops my gran used to use :rotfl:) and succumbed to some miniature daffodil bulbs (£1.29). Grocery spends updated and all recorded in my little black book.

All food from home, made a big chicken and ham pie using up the ends of a ham joint and a cooked chicken. Picked carrots and beans from the garden to go with it. There will be enough for tomorrow's dinner as well :) As I was making pastry anyway, I made extra, enough for a quiche shell and a dozen mince pies (mincemeat left over from last Christmas, but never fear, it is very alcoholic and keeps fine for several years :D).

Walked dog this morning, but this isn't great exercise as he is slow on the lead, and has to keep stopping and sniffing....

No heating, managed to get a load of washing almost dried this morning but the rain returned this afternoon, and now looks set in for the night :(
  • f0xh0les
    edited 12 September 2017 at 8:39PM
    Options
    NSD 9 - All my shopping was YS , boxes of tissues 20p, tagliatelle 14p and I got 12 bottles of beer for £2.75 cos the corner of the box was slightly torn. Madness!
    Can't have any mind, as I am the only responsible adult in the house until Sunday, and I am a cheap date. :rotfl: But it is in the fridge chillin' for next week.
    Made pizza and used up half a jar of artichokes and olives from the fridge and made scones to eat with bake off (that counts as me time today) .
    Was definitely chilly this morning - soon it will be hot chocolate and warm socks time.
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    TV is like my secret pleasure. I could waste hours watching TV in autumn/winter.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport