NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    threepenny bit - good news woo hoo.

Didn't get most of my jobs done yesterday.
    Managed 11.5k steps.
    Cleaned kitchen as new storage jars arrived, so started on more cupboard cleaning. Amazing what you find!
    Ordered a bread bin to match today as my other one looked dire compared to the shiny new storage jars. Didn't get milk yesterday so wee shop on way home tonight and to be honest I can not bear the thought of more rubber chicken for my tea. So lidlee's here I come. Fish would be nice.

Lacking in energy today, couldn't sleep last night don't think it was the storm had worse, just worrying about my fence across the drive coming down, post is rotten and finding impossible to get someone to do such a small job.

Will tackle more kitchen tonight, need to wash walls above wall units, look grubby not sure cobwebs or grease. Fun nights.

SFD's I am officially rubbish at them this month, need petrol as well.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2017 at 8:34PM
    Options
    DAwnW - love the 'before' description of your dog! :D

Lolly Pop - how about chilli, bolognaise (as is or to be turned into lasagne), ratatouille with chicken in it (known in our house as 'Spanish chicken' - I know not why!), curry (maybe mild if you are feeding the baby - I remember my daughter's nappies after I first ate a spicy curry after having her! :eek:), cottage/ shepherd's pie.

threepennybit - great news about your health insurance covering some of those medical expenses :T

DAY 13

SFDs - now 7/18. - another one achieved today. Always easier when the children are at school (and when OH isn't here! :D)

Extra monies/ debt repayment - nothing today.

Food - running total £185.21/ £450

Eating up/ using up stuff - yep. All meals from home stuff today. I've baked bread and DD has made up a gluten free choc cake mix brought back from her uni flat into cup cakes. We added 1/2 bar of A1di cheap milk choc chopped up into small bits into the mix. Slightly weird taste but DS1 likes them, so they will all get eaten! (I suspect I'll have to freeze a few, though) And it used up a bunch of odd cupcake cases (I have lots of cake cases - I tend to make 'big' cakes nowadays in the main - will have to use some up for PTA baking :))
    Oh - DS3 and DD even drank the bottle of coloured water used for 'Marvellous Medicine', so even that wasn't wasted :)

Lunches taken - 3 x packed lunches for children today.

Social life - none

Exercise - 2/3. Have achieved min 10K steps every day this week.

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - read a few chapters last night of book. Will do the same tonight. Today I also caught up on H0lby (whilst ironing ;))

Heating off - yep. Quite mild today - when it's not been raining! Crazy weather, going from bright sunshine to pouring down to back again in 20 minutes. Got a small load of washing mainly dry outside until it started raining - aired it off to finish. Winds were high overnight - lots of fruit blown down from the trees - so have collected it up and will use for chutney. Also picked some of the remaining larger specimens for eating as is :)

Gratitudes:
    * feeling generally content
    * mainly sunny weather today
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 13/30
    Managed a SFD today :)
    Nothing to write in my little black book :D
    Walked a couple of miles, maybe more, post office and dog walks :)
    Started autumn tidy up in the garden :)
    Using up - quiche in oven, bolognese on hob, to use up various bits from the fridge and freezer :)
    Will rinse out handwash bottle under running water in lieu of bath foam tonight, before the bottle is recycled :)
    Leftover chicken and ham pie for dinner tonight :)
    No heating :)
    No social spending
    No beauty spends
    Nothing spent at all :D
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi :) check in 13/30

SFD 5/18 :T Bread & butter running very low but might be able to squeeze an extra SFD before getting these :cool:

Exercise - don't feel like I made it. I did do 2x 10 mins power walking. Actually forgot I was at the lottie for a couple of hours, did at least 45 mins digging & hoeing. Might do some hula hooping after dinner...

beauty spends still zero I must be beautiful enough!

tonight for dinner we have a rice bake thing using up a load of hg veg & I dug out some diced and cooked turkey for the meat eaters - it was supposed to be a pasta bake but run out of pasta!

Me time - kinda the allotment but as it is sustenance I kinda feel although I love it, it doesn't quite hit the self indulgence I'm after! :rotfl: going to have a long soak in the tub & read my book and a facial & pedi

Not even crossed my mind to put the heating on!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 September 2017 at 7:32PM
    Options
    Day 13
    Managed another SFD today 7/18
    Did the usual 20 minutes walking, brought lunch to work, read my book and using food already in.
    Had fun getting home from work - took me nearly 2 hours. Go by bus as it is cheaper. So going to take it easy again tonight. Going to catch up with a few bits around the flat.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Check in 13/30

Another slightly spendy day even though I intended not to spend. I found some lovely, hand crafted gifts that were perfect for my friend's Christmas pressie so I got them. I have Christmas money put away so it is budgeted in a way.... Then, as I'd lost a NSD I bought the eggs we needed today instead of tomorrow. That's the last of the shopping money till Friday so I'm expecting tomorrow to be spend free as my purse is empty :D

Exercise - none (shamefully)

Forgot about beauty spends (thanks determined) - none (yet)

Heating - still not on but it's raining and chilly this evening. Hope my guest doesn't shiver :rotfl:

No social spends - I don't have a social life!

Me time - Crochet and Masterchef later

Keep warm scrimpers!

VB x
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all,
    Progress report:
    Check-in 13/30
    SFD 3/18
    Beauty spends £6.50/£10
    Exercise goal - no, not today. Will be about 2000 steps short of target.
    Me time - not yet. V stressful day.
    Useful scrimpy activity: Plenty of flour in the pantry so baked bread rolls instead of buying. Turned 1 kg homegrown tomatoes into lovely soup for our meal tonight (with the warm bread rolls) & have portioned up the rest for freezing.
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Managed another NSD so I'm at 6/18. I remebered to go to the bank and put the cheque in. I only have a week and two days at work before I'm off for a week (not that I'm counting). I had another short-ish day at work - although I would really like to build up some flexi for another day off down the line so will have to stay behind one of these days!

Took lunch in today and used up some cupboard supplies for dinner. The heating is still off too.

I'm grateful for my bed. I think I'll have an early night tonight.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a morning walk in the sunshine, for buses turning up when needed, for missing all the downpours, for getting my prescription, for dd going happily in to school, for a good day at work, for seeing some of the pupils making great progress, for visiting a sch yesterday and easily making the decision that dd is not, no way, never ever EVER going to go there, for some more bunny sewing up, for a good book to read.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    for visiting a sch yesterday and easily making the decision that dd is not, no way, never ever EVER going to go there,

I can tell that you really liked it.... ;):D

Hope you find the 'right' one for her x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport