Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2017 at 9:29PM
    Options
    mothernerd I hope you feel better soon.

Went for a run at lunch and had HM Chinese for dinner. Another LO lunch in the freezer. That's a record 9 lunches ready. That should keep us going a while. Need to keep that up. Also got a swede and carrots from the garden to make veg sticks to go with the humus i made for snack tomorrow.

Weather should be milder and dryer tomorrow so i hope my washing will dry fine. Heating stays off.

Bit of reading now to relax
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Check in day 11, sorry I missed yesterday, thought I had checked in but doesn't look like I did.
    SFD lost for the sake of a bag of crisps, what a waste. Still on 5/18. Lunch to work 7/21.
    Heating off, scarf on. Well done everyone who is racking up the SFDs.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in #11.

Went through my online shopping baskets but having problem with online payment so didn't spend anything today by default so now at NSD #9/18.
    Food was from a trawl through the cupboards/fridge with enough for some lunches tomorrow.
    Grocery delivery booked for tomorrow.

Heating still off and chased around the garden with todays laundry on the wash rack to catch the sunshine in between the showers.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Sorry for my absence I was busy decorating on Sunday and then working yesterday. SFDs are now up to 8 :) The heating has started to kick in in the mornings now, I begrudge the heating but having a not damp towel after a shower is much nicer than trying to get dry with a damp one! Dog walking completed everyday :) I guess I'd better get to work,have a good day.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry not checked in for a few days.

Sunday - NSD 6/18 :)

Yesterday - £10.10 spent on a wee top up shop and £15.49 on vitamins. Went to the gym after work. Heating went on last night to help dry some clothes.

Today - hopefully another NSD although need to go into the phone shop after work as my phone is not picking up a WiFi signal. It's definitely not a problem with the WiFi in the flat as it's working fine on OH's phone and the laptop. Very annoying as I rely on the WiFi at home to keep my data charges low. Think I'm also going for a run with a friend later but just waiting to see what the weather does.

Using up stuff - LO gammon for the roast last Sunday made into pea and ham soup, enough for lunches all week, using one of OH's shower gels that he isn't keen on, cutting off the top of my body lotion (no more lotion coming through the pump but there's probably a weeks worth of lotion left at the bottom), smoothie for breakfast using up various slightly squishy fruit.

Me time - gym and watching a film
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    SFD s up to 8 now.

Got drenched at picking up time at school, so funny. Was grateful for a coat in the boot and a really rubbish tiny umbrella that I hoped was there, but was not sure.... proper Autumn rain, lovely.

I hate Summer and am glad that it is over for another year. Not that it was a particularly bad one, I just love dark evenings and dark mornings and colder weather. Yeah, I'm that one.

Does burning candles count as using things up? If so, I am using up stuff, Got out the candle holders and tealight metal structures and with the main light off I can't see that the wallpaper needs replacing and the places that need replastering.

Today I am also getting my tumble dryer fixed for free in its 11th month of the 12 month warranty - I am sure if I had a 'normal ' sized family it would have been just out of time.

And I told the call centre person to stop trying to upsell insurance. It was blatant, but after the second time I said no thank-you and then they started AGAIN, I know it is an awful job, and they are told to upsell, but 3 times?? On a free repair under warranty? I dunno.

Right, time to get these kids to school. Hopefully no shoes will need to be retrieved from the school roof today....:o:o
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Check in 12/30

Yesterday was indeed a NSD, today won't be! I have eBay posting to do and need fresh veg topping up. Both budgeted for so I just need to remember my self imposed financial limitations when I go out.

I'm a bit cash poor right now anyway. DD sent an SOS for a top up. She's travelling with her partner and needs a large amount in her account to enter Australia. They both have jobs and friends when they get there so it's not a problem - just means a slight cash flow issue for me (it shouldn't matter if I'm not going to spend it anyway but it makes me very nervous having empty accounts!)

Anyway, heating still off

NSD remain at 6

Me time - not sure although crochet and netflix sounds good. I feel like I have a lot of 'me time' now anyway with all the kids left home and no outside work. I still haven't got over the feeling that I'm being incredibly lazy :)

Freezer food for dinner (the fresh veg are for my brekkies)

Exercise - will go for a long walk while I'm out

Think that's all, have a lovely day scrimpers

VB x
  • thriftylass
    Options
    Good morning fellow Scrimpers!

Finally a nice sunny autumnal day. I'm with you f0xgl0ves on really liking the darker season and the comfy-ness it brings with it. Although I wouldn't say I hate summer (it's not really a summer up here anyway :rotfl:, not like where I was born, 35C plus :eek:).

Didn't get much done yesterday as I took the kids home, fed them and then had to go out again to pick DH up. Managed to convince DS though to get his first homework of the year done all yesterday rather than putting it off till later in the week.

NSD numer 9 today and ok, I was exaggerating yesterday when I said nearly halfway though the month, but more than a third is done and look how many NSD have already been racked up.

HM soup for lunch and bike at the gym.

More later
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just popping in to say a beautiful sunny Autumn morning here. Have washing on the line in the hope it will get mainly dry (due to rain this afternoon) Have been very organised this morning and made a try of flapjacks, a tray of fridge cake and a huge pan of bolognaise all before the 8.30 school run :) Have since been out for a walk along the canal path and picked blackberries in the sun :)

Back later with a proper update - am hoping for another SFD, but it's too early to say for sure! :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Foxgloves and thrifty- I've never liked the dark nights and mornings- what do you like about them?
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport