Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• Pedro1877
    Options
    I switched on 19th September and I can still read my BG account online - It says account closed but if you click on the various icons you will be able to see your payments, bills and credit. Mine says they will pay my credit 2 weeks after my final bill.
  • redboy1
    Options
    My collective BG ends on 3rd oct. Looks like the new collective is not up to much. Where is best to look for a new deal apart from cheap energy club? Is it best to go through TCB?
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,607 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    redboy1 wrote: »
    My collective BG ends on 3rd oct. Looks like the new collective is not up to much. Where is best to look for a new deal apart from cheap energy club? Is it best to go through TCB?
    You could try uSwitch as well, but verify the one that interests you on the supplier's own website, even if you don't switch there. CEC actually showed me a tariff that wasn't available any longer, but the supplier was still a good one for me to switch to. They don't give cashback, so I switched on their site, and it is underway.
    By all means choose a method of switching that gets you some cashback, if available, but I gave reputation a bit more priority.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My supply switched on the 12th September.

Final bill received a week ago.

Credit refund in my account this morning.

No issues at all with this switch! It's actually been seamless for a change.

I think the new system that IGT's use has really helped as I think that was a big issue in my original switch to BG.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    redboy1 wrote: »

You should be offered the same deals at any/all the comparison sites that offer the whole of market.
    (except of course any that offer a collective tariff, but as you have found with MSE, they ain't very good currently anyway)

So all you are seeking is possible cashback. This MSE article explains how to optimise that too (including special links to comparison sites to get you special cashback offers)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity?
  • LVL_CHG_2
    Options
    Switched to OVO through Lumo energy comparison. This got me £53 through TCB instead of £25 through the energy club.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checking that the DD has to be open in order for a credit to be paid or can a bank transfer payment, or even cheque, be paid even if the payment DD is closed?

Many thanks

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Pedro1877 wrote: »
    I switched on 19th September and I can still read my BG account online - It says account closed but if you click on the various icons you will be able to see your payments, bills and credit. Mine says they will pay my credit 2 weeks after my final bill.
    You're correct, I can see some bits. I can see a credit balance but can't see any indication of when my final bill will be produced.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    vigman wrote: »
    Just checking that the DD has to be open in order for a credit to be paid or can a bank transfer payment, or even cheque, be paid even if the payment DD is closed?

Many thanks

Vigman
    The DD is covered by the DD guarantee, so no reason to cancel. If they take a payment they shouldn't, simply contact your bank and make an indemnity claim, they will credit your a/c and pull it back from BG
  • Pedro1877
    Options
    A lot of the info has now disappeared and there are messages explaining why or error msgs but also no mention of when final bill will be produced just that the balance will be forwarded two weeks after the final bill. The last 27 lines of my billing/payment transactions are still available and my credit balance under the "Energy( Closed)" Tab.

Had two separate CS people on their Twitter a/c tell me that the Smart meter monitor would cease to Function because as well as sending info to meter it is sending info to the original supplier and therefore has to be shut down. Mine is still functioning 7 days after the switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure