Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 October 2017 at 11:47AM
    Options
    So .... we just sit tight and someone will/should eventually contact us? Is there any way of contacting whoever or a website that gives all this info on what's happening to the old smart meters? I presume it is the meters themselves that have to be upgraded and then the existing IHD will start to work again. If I don't know the meters have been upgraded, I wont know to turn my IHD back on :-)

The answer to that is 'no'. The Data Communications Company (DCC) has yet to finish the consultative phase of the SMETS1 adoption. There then follows a period of testing as no two meter solutions are the same. I assume that sometime before 2020, people will be notified when their meters have been upgraded to full SMETS 1 compliance and adopted by the DCC.

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/media/317173/15443_factsheet_a_e_v4.pdf

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/media/440317/20171016_smets1_planning_conclusions.pdf

The provisional deployment plan is on the last page. Note: everything connected with this project has so far moved to the right.

If you read the document, the plan is that the DCC will have an Initial Operating Capability to accept SMETS1 meters from 30 Nov 18 with a Full Operating Capability by 30 Jun 19. The Government has already agreed to a further extension to the SMETS1 roll out end date.
  • Enceladus
    Options
    Our BG final bill/statement/debit for gas has been refunded and shows as 'charges reversed'. Still no sign of an electricity bill. However the 1 day variable rate overcharge of £0.42 previously reported has also been credited to our account. So now we're back where we started, a large credit balance that's actually increased by £0.42. And no proper dual fuel statement/bill since April.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,977 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally, the extra payment taken has been refunded. Now the only issue is that the meter readings between Ovo and Sainsbury's don't match. I'm not going to worry as the difference is in my favour. No doubt one or other will sort it in time.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • PhilJL20
    Options
    Is anyone still waiting for the switch from BG to go through? I transferred on collective switch 8 back in September. My gas supply has gone through OK but the electricity is still pending. I rang Ovo and they said they're waiting on a third party to confirm meter readings.

Phil
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    PhilJL20 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting for the switch from BG to go through? I transferred on collective switch 8 back in September. My gas supply has gone through OK but the electricity is still pending. I rang Ovo and they said they're waiting on a third party to confirm meter readings.

Phil
    No... I went to TogetherEnergy and it all happened in 3weeks, including the BG refund��
    Good luck!
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PhilJL20 wrote: »

Phil
    My switch to Avro went through OK, but I now have a dispute over the final and starting readings, as they weren't the same. I gave Avro the actual readings off my (BG installed) smart meters. BG used the latest smart meter readings they had, which were slightly less, but near enough. Avro used some other readings that were considerably less as the starting readings. Avro say that's the readings they were given by the third party who handles these things, and that BG should have used them for their final bill.
    We're talking about just over £20 worth of utilities that I've paid BG and Avro for, when they were actually used as a BG customer.
    Avro said "Don't worry, you won't pay for the same utility usage twice", until I pointed out that's exactly what they've charged me for. It's BG's "fault" but why would they use obviously incorrect readings when they have smart meter readings?
    Remains to be seen how Avro will resolve this...

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just to follow up on the above, Avro have now resolved it by using the readings BG used for the final bill as the opening readings, even though the third part regulator gave them different ones.
    Technically, I've paid a fraction more for my utilities than I should have, but only about 56p, so I can live with that.
    So much for smart meters making life easier...

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure