Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• SmithQuintus
    Options
    As no Collective was achievable for Oct 2017, I switched to Ovo (big increase in cost but MSE's best 2 year fixed) who are now supplying me dual fuel since 28/9/17. All contact with them has been very positive. Long may it last. However BG seem not to understand that I have switched away and the MSE energy 'club' think I'm in some sort of limbo with a switch still proceeding. Is there a way of telling my profile that I am firmly with OVO already? I assume BG will muck me around for ages as they have a significant Credit of mine. I wonder if OVO are dragging their feet in passing my final reading over to BG and if the they are being similarly slow with the info to MSE as doubtless they will owe a commission to MSE. Does anyone know how the processes involved between old supplier / new supplier / MSE work?
  • SmithQuintus
    Options
    As a newbie I failed to see the items in the thread close to my post. They largely answer my questions. It is reassuring to see others have gone to OVO and we all seem to approve of their communication style and promptness.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 October 2017 at 9:11PM
    Options
    As no Collective was achievable for Oct 2017, I switched to Ovo (big increase in cost but MSE's best 2 year fixed) who are now supplying me dual fuel since 28/9/17. All contact with them has been very positive. Long may it last. However BG seem not to understand that I have switched away and the MSE energy 'club' think I'm in some sort of limbo with a switch still proceeding. Is there a way of telling my profile that I am firmly with OVO already? I assume BG will muck me around for ages as they have a significant Credit of mine. I wonder if OVO are dragging their feet in passing my final reading over to BG and if the they are being similarly slow with the info to MSE as doubtless they will owe a commission to MSE. Does anyone know how the processes involved between old supplier / new supplier / MSE work?

Try Edit on the relevant page (Current tariff details). Enter the tariff and contract end date.

The switching process is clearly laid down in a Supply Licence. The gaining supplier manages all aspects of a switch. The problem is that people push the switch button and then wonder why it can take up to 2 months to get accounts set up and accounts closed. That’s just how it is.
  • Former_MSE_Laura_B
    Options

Hi SmithQuintus,

Your Cheap Energy Club account will say that you have a 'switch in progress' until your new supplier has passed us along an update on your switch. It usually takes around 3 months for your supplier to give us an update on your switch, so it's not unusual that it still says you have a switch in progress.

This process will all happen automatically in the background and once OVO has confirmed to us that your switch has completed, we'll send you an email to let you know.

Hope this helps!

MSE Laura
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Originally Posted by Cardew viewpost.gif
    Welcome to the forum.

My case is exactly the same as yours i.e. switched 26 Sep and had a gas bill showing a large credit on 28th Sept, but also nothing yet about electricity. The bill total for electricity will be deducted from my gas credit.
    Cardew wrote: »
    Re the above - accurate electricity bill now received and accurate refund agreed - that sum has not yet arrived at my bank.

Refund now in my bank
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum.

My case is exactly the same as yours i.e. switched 26 Sep and had a gas bill showing a large credit on 28th Sept, but also nothing yet about electricity. The bill total for electricity will be deducted from my gas credit.

Spoke to BG and they state they have 3 weeks to action electricity; several other posters have the same experience as thee and me.

I'm in a similar state of flux. Gas account closure took longer than electricity. My final bill shows only gas, so I have no way of checking that the electric has been ended correctly. Sainsbury bill every two months, so I have no way of knowing what was charged for the last 7 weeks of electric!
    To cap it all, the DD for elec & gas (one combined payment) was taken in full at the usual time, for just a gas bill covering a few days, so now my account is in credit by over £100 and the refund yet to be credited. :mad:
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I'm in a similar state of flux. Gas account closure took longer than electricity. My final bill shows only gas, so I have no way of checking that the electric has been ended correctly. Sainsbury bill every two months, so I have no way of knowing what was charged for the last 7 weeks of electric!
    To cap it all, the DD for elec & gas (one combined payment) was taken in full at the usual time, for just a gas bill covering a few days, so now my account is in credit by over £100 and the refund yet to be credited. :mad:
    This is what happened to me but refund now back in my bank. Original transfer date was 18th Sept, refunded 4th October. Keep the faith!!
  • Bobstheword
    Options
    Well nearly a week on I am still waiting for the final electricity bill from BG. 3 weeks today since Ovo took over the account.

Any one else still waiting?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well nearly a week on I am still waiting for the final electricity bill from BG. 3 weeks today since Ovo took over the account.

Suppliers have 6 weeks under EU Law to raise a Final Bill.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Yes, plus I can't log in to the old accounts.

and I'm waiting for a refund of virtually all of the last direct debit. I may make a complaint about this once the dust has settled. It doesn't take much intelligence to realise that you don't need to take the usual direct debit from a dual fuel account when you are only charging for 5 days of gas supply.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure