Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Yes, plus I can't log in to the old accounts.

and I'm waiting for a refund of virtually all of the last direct debit. I may make a complaint about this once the dust has settled. It doesn't take much intelligence to realise that you don't need to take the usual direct debit from a dual fuel account when you are only charging for 5 days of gas supply.
    Its a fixed DD & you had a supply with them at the time. They would have had to give you 10 working days notice of changing the DD amount, so you are talking at least 19 days before your supply was to end, plus extra because they wouldn't have sent change of DD notice so late and so it was not certain you would leave, if you changed your mind the DD would be wrong.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Well nearly a week on I am still waiting for the final electricity bill from BG. 3 weeks today since Ovo took over the account.

Any one else still waiting?
    I'm all sorted... 11 months until we start all over again!!!
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Options
    Thanks for reminding us all :(
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I'm all sorted... 11 months until we start all over again!!!

23 months for those of us who switched to the Ovo 2 year tariff.!
  • sam1974_2
    Options
    Well very unhappy with British Gas. I’m in credit by £600+ According to final Gas bill but electric to come off (no final bill for that yet) but even so, will still be about £400 in credit at least.

They took direct debit on 1st October for £134 even though I switched. Fair enough -myswitch date was 4th October.

Today I log in my banking to see they have taken another £384 today without any notification or reason why.

Rang British Gas - systems are down, ring back in 48 hours

Have recalled direct debit with bank .... but not the point. Greedy sods :mad:

Also, they’ve charged me at the higher standard tariff for the final day. Obviously talking a few pence more, but they aren’t supposed to do that ....... useless company !!
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on this ..... BG took two increased DD's from me as the last "official" payments before my switch to AVRO, despite me asking them not to as I told them I was leaving them.

I am expecting them to partially bill me at the SVT for the period between the Collective tariff finishing and the switch date, but I will be looking out for the promised discount that is supposed to equalise that period back down to the Collective tariff rate.

I am going to be so glad to see the back of them, either for their incompetence ..... or as you put it .... for being "Greedy Sods" ..... it's got to be one or the other or both in my experience too!

Switching to smaller unknown companies a gamble? ...... surely can't be any worse than the BG service I've had in the last 4 years .... and I'll admit to being satisfied with them before that!!
  • Pedro1877
    Pedro1877 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Switched on Sept 17th. BG final bill on October 13th Refund of credit paid today 18th. They did not take an uneccesary DD either. No complaints. I was told that I would be able to login and read my energy stats for 6 months after final bill but still not able to.

I love the BG website and app. I would have stayed but cheapest offer way too much to be competitive. I am only paying £2 more per month on my new tariff with Npower and I got £52.50 cashback from Top Cashback so sweet. :T
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, so far I'm happy how BG has performed okay. When the Collective started there was lots of people moaning because updates weren't instant or because they did interim updates. I just waited for the switch to complete and was happy. Once my year was up they gave a review and reimbursed the small DD overpayment. Now switching away people seem to be moaning as the switch isn't instant, but so far I'm happy, had one bill including the correction to ensure I'm not paying more than I should. The other will appear in due course. Life is too short to start waiting the minutes or days for responses on how long the bill is taking
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Pedro1877 wrote: »
    Switched on Sept 17th. BG final bill on October 13th Refund of credit paid today 18th. No complaints. I was told that I would be able to login and read my energy stats for 6 months after final bill but still not able to.

I love the BG website and app. I would have stayed but cheapest offer way too much to be competitive. I am only paying £2 more per month on my new tariff with Npower and I got £52.50 cashback from Top Cashback so sweet. :T
    I also liked their website info ... the one thing I miss about the smaller suppliers sites. I can still see bills and payment history on BG but all the previous usage history is all gone "We're sorry but there has been a problem.".... too true BG!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BobbleHat wrote:
    I am expecting them to partially bill me at the SVT for the period between the Collective tariff finishing and the switch date, but I will be looking out for the promised discount that is supposed to equalise that period back down to the Collective tariff rate.
    Sam1974 wrote:
    Also, they’ve charged me at the higher standard tariff for the final day. Obviously talking a few pence more, but they aren’t supposed to do that ....... useless company !!

I also thought this had happened, but then noticed a small entry called "Adjustment" right near the bottom of the bill that was a negative amount that agreed with my calculation of the difference in tariffs.
    Its a fixed DD & you had a supply with them at the time. They would have had to give you 10 working days notice of changing the DD amount, so you are talking at least 19 days before your supply was to end,...

They had 27 days notice!
    ....so it was not certain you would leave, if you changed your mind the DD would be wrong.

Who else takes a payment, just in case you decide not to leave after giving notice?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure