Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray, the holiday owner is giving us the 10% discount, so our 4 night stay is only going to cost £243 :)

TO DO LIST for the week....

* Clear patio (both)
    * Put washing line in (KW)
    *meal plan for week
    * make breadcrumbs
    *iron DD's curtains and re-hang
    * buy folding laundry basket
    * pick up apples from parents
    * confirm birthday lunch with parents
    * yet more washing!
    * show KW rug for sitting room
    * replenish candles in holders!
    * sort out present stash
    * send out KW's birthday present list to his family (we're all going to club together to get him something he REALLY wants)
    *Sort out boxes in our room so that the Ikea delivery will fit in there!

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you are having a good day. That's a lot of stuff to do I might do a list to keep me on track.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    [STRIKE]* Clear patio (both)
    * Put washing line in (KW)
    *meal plan for week
    [/STRIKE]* make breadcrumbs
    *iron DD's curtains and re-hang
    [STRIKE]* buy folding laundry basket
    * pick up apples from parents
    * confirm birthday lunch with parents
    * yet more washing!
    * show KW rug for sitting room
    [/STRIKE]* replenish candles in holders!
    [STRIKE]* sort out present stash
    [/STRIKE]* send out KW's birthday present list to his family (we're all going to club together to get him something he REALLY wants)
    [STRIKE]*Sort out boxes in our room so that the Ikea delivery will fit in there![/STRIKE]
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Darn it, I ruined DD@'s curtains, by inadvertently putting them on top of a printer cartridge....as it was, they were only going back temporarily as they are a horrible colour....but I've now had to buy her new ones!

So, today's list...

* make breadcrumbs (the bread was too soft yesterday)
    * peel and cook up the apples, nomnom - 3 carrier bags full of delicious Bramleys :)
    * replenish candles in holders
    * put DVDs away
    * find a new hiding place for the present stash
    * take things into new school
    * get DD to help me back my boards
    * take keys back to old school and drop off tests
    * pay as much as I can afford of credit card ;)
    *make pizza dough for tonight
    * make a loaf of yummy bread
    *get KW to put Wii on and weigh myself...can't put it off forever...
    *SORT OUT TERM 1's MTP
    *FINISH TERM 1 FOLDER
    * FINALISE WEEK 1 PLANS - off timetable(ish), intro lessons, setting out rules etc
    * PLAN ENGLISH
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    My first thought would have been could you dye them ? I used a machine dye to change the spare bedroom curtains from purple to dark blue.

Good luck with the weigh-in :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Sadly, the curtains were pretty rubbish anyway, but the ones we ended up buying are AMAZING - a New York skyline (home of Broadway and the musicals after all), thermal lined and not hideously expensive.

We've not done the weigh in....and after eating a mountain of camembert tonight, probably a good idea!

* make breadcrumbs (the bread was too soft yesterday)
    * peel and cook up the apples, nomnom - 3 carrier bags full of delicious Bramleys
    *[STRIKE] replenish candles in holders
    [/STRIKE]* put DVDs away
    * find a new hiding place for the present stash
    *[STRIKE] take things into new school
    * get DD to help me back my boards
    [/STRIKE] - DD and my new Head did some, only a couple left to do :):)
    * take keys back to old school and drop off tests
    [STRIKE]* pay as much as I can afford of credit card
    *make pizza dough for tonight
    * make a loaf of yummy bread
    [/STRIKE]*get KW to put Wii on and weigh myself...can't put it off forever...
    *SORT OUT TERM 1's MTP
    *FINISH TERM 1 FOLDER
    [STRIKE]* FINALISE WEEK 1 PLANS - off timetable(ish), intro lessons, setting out rules etc
    [/STRIKE]* PLAN ENGLISH
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thanks to KW and DD, my classroom now looks like MY classroom :) (and it's tidy, KW joked he should take a photo!!)

I've finished Term 1 and 2's MTPs yay and my Term 1 folder is nearly done, just a couple of bits of paper that I don't know where they are stored on the school drive.

Still have to plan English though....gulp...and I keep on rethinking what to do over the first 3 days next week.

It's the town's free music festival from tonight - gosh, we are close to town.....but I quite like the music and knowing that I could potter out to hear it more clearly if I chose to. I'm also pleased that they've stopped playing at 10.45!

Took DD and KW out to a local chain pub for dinner to say thank you for all their hard work helping in my classroom - after waiting for goodness knows how long as it was pretty busy, our food was rubbish :( KW manfully chomped through his as he was ravenous, but DD and I took our plates up to the bar and politely told them our dishes were inedible. They refunded the whole food bill, so I just paid for a round of drinks and KW's dinner was free. Excellent customer service, just a shame as it was so bad, we'll never go back there again....
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Its a shame about the meal KK but at least they didn't charge you. Well done on getting the classroom organised and good luck with the planning
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    What a lovely supportive family! So good they are all chipping in and helping you. I hope you have a good weekend. All my other teaching friends will be starting on Monday. I hope you manage to do work and have fun. See if you can buy the resources from TES resources page to save time.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Feeling relieved that I don't start until Tuesday, as the enormity of it all is hitting......lots of paperwork still to do, and *cough* English planning (but I'm not teaching it until Monday 10th, so plenty of time eh?!?)

KW and I had a rubbish night's sleep as some idiot was playing loud music ALL NIGHT and then our resident 'Shouty Man' decided to go out at 3am until 6am, shouting his head off....I called the police on 101 and they said they'd try to send someone out, but alas and alack, no one came. I've sent a strongly worded email to the housing association, as they asked me to report every time we're disturbed.

In better news, I bought lots of wholemeal pasta for 14p a bag as the shop was obviously not selling much of it, so wanted the shelf space for something else. Their loss is our gain :) It's got a long shelf life as well, so we won't be having to eat it every day, thank goodness!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure