Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We are going back next week and I've hardly prepped at all. Well done you in being so organised. They want you to look after a fish!!!!!!!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2018 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Yes, it's a tank of the little beggars....I was the teacher in charge of a fishkeeping project during the year, and one of the TAs "kindly" asked the evil head if I could take them to my new school....without me knowing, I was quite happy for them to stay with the evil one, and take out a new project this year!

Anyway, it's all a bit much for me, I'm putting off going back into the school to give back the keys, but must do that soon (and finish off the sodding test marking that someone else should have done!)

[STRIKE]wash DD's bedding when she finally brings it down for me![/STRIKE]
    * finish marking assessment stuff for old school and take it in
    * [STRIKE]email old boss (shudder) or business manager (hmm, might be easier), and tell her I'm not taking the fish after all - the logistics are too much for me, and psychologically I might feel a continued link with somewhere I ended up being so unhappy
    * email my counsellor to rebook my appointment
    * clean kitchen
    *clean downstairs bathroom

* clean bathroom - let's see if DD has done this for me yet!
    [/STRIKE]*hoover downstairs
    [STRIKE]* wash kitchen floor
    * continue laminating
    * cut up laminating
    * organise laminating to take to school! (a bigger job than it sounds)[/STRIKE]
    * dust sitting room
    * [STRIKE]book tickets to Vindolanda[/STRIKE]
    * check with friends what food/booze they're taking on long weekend
    * take books back to library
    * work on MTP for Term 1
    * work on MTP for term 2
    * finish putting class folder together for T1/2
    * start planning English for T1
    * collate school visit info for Egyptian topic
    * find alternative ideas for adventure topic trip and send to Head/office - in progress[STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
  • Kittikins
    Options
    A lovely day :) with a slightly stressful start, due to a flat tyre when I needed to get DD to a hospital appointment for a scan!! Thankfully, we called my daddykins, who leapt into action and drove us there, waited and brought us back, whilst KW got the tyre repaired.

Us ladies felt quite sick after the hospital - I was allowed to go into the room, having made sure I didn't have any metal on me, so I could sit outside the tube and blow kisses to DD whilst she was scanned. DD, poor thing, also has had a headache all day.

Once we felt a bit better, we went to a wolf sanctuary and had a really lovely time with KW and saw a lovely former colleague and her 2 children. We felt very lucky to be so close to such beautiful creatures.

A trip to Ikea followed (well, it would have been rude not to as we were not far away!) and we had a good look at desks, bookcases and storage for all my teaching stuff and KW's mahoosive book collection. Looks like we'll be getting it ordered soonish (I want to wait for next pay day as I'm feeling a tad brassic)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I do hope your DD is feeling better. The shelving and furniture is an investment and a one off. Although it's scary now it will be worth it. It was good of your father to do the drive hope car is ok now.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Fingers crossed the tyre is fine, I think it must have just been slowly deflating and I hadn't noticed (as I'm a lazy beggar and don't keep a close eye on things, just jump in and drive)

Today, I want to print a few things out then drag DD to school with me to carry on with the great classroom set up. If I can't do either, then I'll drag KW with me next week and do some planning instead today whilst watching the rain fall steadily outside :)

I'm hoping today will be a NSD, as going away oop North for the weekend is going to be expensive, but worth it!
  • Kittikins
    edited 16 August 2018 at 7:40PM
    Options
    * finish marking assessment stuff for old school and take it in
    *hoover downstairs
    * dust sitting room
    * check with friends what food/booze they're taking on long weekend
    * take books back to library
    * work on MTP for Term 1 - in progress....
    * work on MTP for term 2
    * finish putting class folder together for T1/2
    * start planning English for T1
    * collate school visit info for Egyptian topic
    * find alternative ideas for adventure topic trip and send to Head/office - in progress
    Today's to do:

* make a caramelised onion tart (KW and I will take it as picnic food tomorrow on our journey :) ) - onions done, pastry in fridge :)
    * call washing machine chap to make appointment - today?
    [STRIKE]* call locksmith to get him to come out and look at door again - it's "crunchy" when you lock it, which was what it did last time, so the replacement part may not be in the right place or something :(
    [/STRIKE]* sort out printer, maybe reinstall it? - grrr, it seems as though the ink has failed (KW has a monthly subscription) even though it's a brand new cartridge. So no printing at all :(
    * print out last things for classroom walls
    * print out Vindolanda tickets[STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE][STRIKE]call union rep about getting a conference place at 12:30 (a free trip to Liverpool during Easter holidays, woohoo!)[/STRIKE][/STRIKE][/STRIKE] - hmmm, due to change of county worked in, I can't go with one 'shire, but may get a place with the other 'shire, my home and soon to be work one! Fingers crossed...
    * pack for our trip!
    * take library books back (grrr) - must drop them off on the way tomorrow
    [STRIKE]*reserve 8 week blood sugar diet book at library, looks interesting, and as an obese carb-loving daughter of a Type I diabetic, might be perfect for me!
    * wash towels[/STRIKE]
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on being organised, your lists seem to be helping. I may have to give that a try as I haven't got much done this week and I am back at work next week !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Oooh, you poor thing, back next week?!?
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    And me. Booooohooooooooo!

Your list is looking good. Enjoy the rest of the day. Our weather is going to improve tomorrow.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Back from an amazing holiday with KW and 6 lovely chums in the Lakes :) We all got on brilliantly, played games, drank wine, visited beautiful places and stayed in a luxurious lodge that was near a fantastic restaurant.

Yesterday, KW and I started driving over to Vindolanda and the brakes on my car decided to make me hear that they were going :( We eventually got there, with new brakes and a calliper (whatever that is), £260 lighter in the pocket but feeling happy that the car was now safe!! Thank goodness for putting money away each month for things like this, and thank goodness that it happened in a big town with lots of garages nearby.

Just like the last trip, I feel relaxed and refreshed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure