Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a look at our joint bank account and we seem to be on track for not going over budget with household spends, hoorah! We should have some money to put into a virtual savings pot for the washing machine repair (when the chap's back off holiday) and for a dishwasher / shower pump / carpets etc etc :)

I'm attempting to be organised, so am going to resurrect my earlier to do lists (as the tasks still need to be done....but I'm glad I had 5 days completely off school work).
  • Kittikins
    edited 22 August 2018 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Right, here's today's list :)
    Kittikins wrote: »
    * finish marking assessment stuff for old school and take it in
    * drop off school keys/fob
    * clean kitchen
    [STRIKE]*clean downstairs bathroom[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* clean bathroom [/STRIKE]
    *hoover downstairs
    * wash kitchen floor
    * dust sitting room
    * take books back to library
    * work on MTP for Term 1 - in progress
    * work on MTP for term 2
    * finish putting class folder together for T1/2
    * start planning English for T1
    * [STRIKE]collate school visit info for Egyptian topic[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* find alternative ideas for adventure topic trip and send to Head/office - in progress[/STRIKE]
    * put transition day craft together as a display for classroom
    [STRIKE]* contact local charity to offer help reading newspapers out loud for visually impaired people|
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]* pick up paint for DD's room
    [/STRIKE]* sort out things to definitely take to school
    [STRIKE]* meal plan for week[/STRIKE]
    * sort out time for friends to come over for afternoon tea on Friday
    * [STRIKE]put bins out[/STRIKE]
    * try and revive unhappy aloe vera plant - think it might need repotting

Done quite a bit today, well, more procrastinating than useful stuff, and am about half way through the mountain of washing that has accumulated!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    OMG to £260 car bill! Well done for staying on budget and gosh to the list. Hope you had a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Hooray, the sun is shining :) I've just hopefully scored myself a whopping 15% refund on a £3.43 order by leaving the company a well-deserved online review. Every penny helps after all!

Today, once DD and I have had lunch, we need to TIDY the house, she needs to GUT her bedroom and we ARE going to go into school to drop some bits off!

Tonight, KW and I MUST double-check measurements for my bookcases and desk order and put it through to Ikea. My work stuff is spreading out all over the house at the mo, and it'll only get worse once I'm back at school....gulp, not long now!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Have spent £1.50 on library fines and a reservation fee, much cheaper than buying the books. 1/3 of it will be covered by the refund mentioned earlier :)

Of course we didn't go into school, but the stuff I need to take in IS now in my car ;) and the house is pretty much tidy!

I've also finished the planning for my first term's art project and put the MTP together. My new school has a different way of teaching - instead of doing 5 different lessons each day, in the afternoons, we do guided reading then 2 lessons of the same subject, a "learning project". The term is chunked up into say Art, Geography and Science, then the following term, we may do more History, DT etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah for good weather and house tidying. I am sure you still have two weeks. We have been back for almost a week now. All I am thinking about is payday. lol.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I start at my new school on Tuesday 4th, gulp. No time at all!

KW is busy painting DD's room, and I've just ordered another 5l paint as it doesn't look like one tin will be enough! We've also got her a new curtain pole, as she really didn't want to keep the bright pink one (I can't think why ;) ). Hopefully my chums will be here soon and we can have lunch, I've made rocks (aka failed scones), chocolate loaf and lemon drizzle cake and we have cheese sarnies. Yum!

I think the holiday tea will be made as well - amazing Japanese Cherry tea from a lovely independent tea and coffee merchants in Carlisle :) We had it in a tea shop and I normally hate fruity teas but this one is delicious. Thankfully, they source it locally so we ambled over to the shop to get a small bag.

All my stuff for school is now in the boot of my car and I'll hopefully dump it there over the weekend, even if I have to leave DD snoring whilst I do. It's getting on my nerves now.

The house is lovely and tidy downstairs, and due to the painting, a mess upstairs, as we have all of DD's stuff in our room.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Sounds like DD is turning into a typical teen sleeping through most of the holidays ;) At least the house is becoming a home :)

Afternoon tea sounds lovely
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Afternoon tea was divine, really lovely to see 3 amazing ladies from school, 2 of whom have also resigned over the holidays due to their treatment by the Evil One!! :( but :) for them, as they both feel liberated!

I made scrumptious, if slightly rock cake looking, scones, chocolate loaf and lemon drizzle cake, all of which were very well received :)

Yesterday, KW, DD and I went for a wander around our town centre, and bought bargain DVDs in a couple of charity shops, even an unwrapped box set we'll give my dad for Christmas :)

Today, DD and I are watching TV, snuggled up in the sitting room with candles warming us and the door to the hall closed. DD's sitting there in a tshirt and shorts!! Amazing what 8 t-lights can do. I am determined that we are not going to put the heating on in August.

I've also just booked us all 4 nights away in a lovely looking lodge in Devon at Easter :) Hopefully with 10% off as it's through a local advert. Love spending time with my amazing DD and KW, and we'll be home for the traditional Easter egg hunt around the house :) KW's never been to Devon and I've never been to that part of Devon, so we'll all be able to explore.

We also bought the bookcases and desk for my office space in our room last night. Gulp. I was feeling skint but then realised that I'd put a bit more than the cost of it into 'savings' this month, so I can afford it. Yay!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hooray for the new furniture, yum to the cake. Well done on booking the holiday too and the early Christmas shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport