<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your courgette salad sounds delicious!

I love the way you describe your mortgage too: downgraded from huge and ugly to big and scary is definitely progress :)
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :hello: hello helsbell it was this recipe, I own her 'All You Can Eat' book which I really like. No pretty pictures, just lots of good recipes.

Most of the DDs went out today, and I made a rounding payment to the mortgage and rounded both of our current accounts to savings. Not huge amounts as it is an expensive month but a few pounds here and there really do add up. I worked it out today that we have paid off just over 4% of what we borrowed in December, with the monthly interest dropping £4.38 against the last 30 day month. I'm please with that. I like that HSBC show the account online, show the interest as a separate amount make it easy to overpay and let me view the impact whenever I log on. A far cry from our last provider and the annual statement.

Food shopping this morning, need to work out what I spent out of which budget but a heads up for anyone after seeds, B&M had some down to 10p - seed mats for chillis and tomatoes, and £stretcher had most of their veg and flower seeds down to 20p, including small bags of 'for children' peas and beans so I checked the dates and stocked up for next year.

Timed it right with the MrM clearance shelf for dry goods, lots of 75% off long dated treats of things they are discontinuing. Worth a look if you are in. I didn't need 9 packets of Florentine at 50p each but I am sure[STRIKE] I will eat them all[/STRIKE] they wont go to waste.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Salad sounds nice. Wondering if it work with larger courgettes too if I cut them into ribbons ??
    Well done on the mortgage. I had famine years too but I got there anyway, you will too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on clearing out DS2's room, that star was well deserved :T.

DH has plans to clear out our DS2's stinking hellhole while he's in Spain. This will be a mammoth undertaking but might get rid of the peculiar smell that wafts out when the door opens :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Salad sounds nice. Wondering if it work with larger courgettes too if I cut them into ribbons ??
    I think so, the original recipe uses normal courgettes but cooked for a little longer than I did.
    Well done on clearing out DS2's room, that star was well deserved :T.

DH has plans to clear out our DS2's stinking hellhole while he's in Spain. This will be a mammoth undertaking but might get rid of the peculiar smell that wafts out when the door opens :eek:.

I'm off to immerse myself in the weird and wonderful world of DS1s bedroom. Must find some rubber gloves first :( Why are teenage boys so revolting?
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    It's not just teenage boys...there's a wiff protruding from Star child's room too that I can't seem to identify despite opening the windows to air the room and washing all the bedclothes and cushions/blankets. I am planning a thorough bleach and scrub when she disappears to my sisters for a week in the holidays
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • redofromstart
    edited 4 July 2018 at 7:03PM
    Options
    I just took a stroll up the garden to tip the veg peelings in compost bin number 1, and noticed in passing that many raspberries are ripe. Must pick them before the birds eat them thinks I, and, noting the nettles I stroll back down the garden to fetch some gloves. Picking raspberries in gloves is challenging at best, but the nettles are rather nasty and I still have yesterdays scars.
    Anyway, carefully lifting the untied canes (whoops, another job missed) to collect the lovely red berries underneath, and adding them a handful at a time to the collecting bowl, carefully on the floor where I can't stand it. Strip the last plant, turn to see the dog filling her face with the collected berries, step back trip over my own feet and stab myself in the leg on a foot high hard dead shrub stump. Dog runs away in a flappy panic as I fall backwards into the nettles. Hear that tearing noise? That's a panicked cat running up the side of the polytunnel with fully extended claws. I picked myself up, gathered the last handful of raspberries and limped back down to the house, with blood trickling down my leg.
    Honestly it'd be safer and easier to go blindfolded over the road to the co-op and just buy some. The cat is now cleaning his bits right on top of the tunnel, having established that its a new sunny and safe place to sleep.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I know I shouldn't laugh but your writing is so descriptive, I could nearly see the whole thing play out. Hope you aren't too sore
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Thanks INOD, I was laughing about it once I had dusted myself off. I'm fine, although I will have to wear jeans in public for few days. Just went up the garden and my fluffy friend is indeed back snoring on the top of tunnel.

I need to make myself do another hour on the boy room of doom this morning . Reminds me, must just ask him if he still wants everything while he is still at the grunty inarticulate stage... :cool:
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I just took a stroll up the garden to tip the veg peelings in compost bin number 1, and noticed in passing that many raspberries are ripe. Must pick them before the birds eat them thinks I, and, noting the nettles I stroll back down the garden to fetch some gloves. Picking raspberries in gloves is challenging at best, but the nettles are rather nasty and I still have yesterdays scars.
    Anyway, carefully lifting the untied canes (whoops, another job missed) to collect the lovely red berries underneath, and adding them a handful at a time to the collecting bowl, carefully on the floor where I can't stand it. Strip the last plant, turn to see the dog filling her face with the collected berries, step back trip over my own feet and stab myself in the leg on a foot high hard dead shrub stump. Dog runs away in a flappy panic as I fall backwards into the nettles. Hear that tearing noise? That's a panicked cat running up the side of the polytunnel with fully extended claws. I picked myself up, gathered the last handful of raspberries and limped back down to the house, with blood trickling down my leg.
    Honestly it'd be safer and easier to go blindfolded over the road to the co-op and just buy some. The cat is now cleaning his bits right on top of the tunnel, having established that its a new sunny and safe place to sleep.
    So funny :rotfl::rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family