<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You're getting loads done Redo :T. Your shennanigans are inspiring me to sort out my own cluttered, untidy and dirty house.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounding very productive on the decluttering front. I also fell over in the week at work, tripped over nothing. You wouldn't believe how many forms my manager and I have had to fill in - crazy!!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on the decluttering redo. :T I love tidying somewhere & then going back just to look at it because it's all lovely & clean and tidy. :D

Thanks for mentioning the kindle unlimited offer, I took advantage of it after you said about it. :beer: I've had it before on a free offer as good to have but wouldn't pay for it. :o:)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi redo - just catching up with your diary - I hope all is well in the redo household after Raspberrygate and the furry pair have calmed down!:)

The decluttering is going well too - you're very brave to tackle teenage boys' bedrooms!:T

How is the style challenge going? Was part of the challenge to recycle what you already had in your wardrobe?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are doing great with house stuff :)
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Sounds like it's been all guns blazing! Progress sounds great though :) !
    You're getting loads done Redo :T. Your shennanigans are inspiring me to sort out my own cluttered, untidy and dirty house.

Thank you - its an epic task but the cleaning fairy isn't going to do it for me sadly.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Sounding very productive on the decluttering front. I also fell over in the week at work, tripped over nothing. You wouldn't believe how many forms my manager and I have had to fill in - crazy!!
    Hope you didn't hurt yourself?
    sashybo wrote: »
    Thanks for mentioning the kindle unlimited offer, I took advantage of it after you said about it. :beer: I've had it before on a free offer as good to have but wouldn't pay for it. :o:)
    Glad it helped, I wouldn't pay the £8 a month either but they do free or low cost trials regularly.
    Hi redo - just catching up with your diary - I hope all is well in the redo household after Raspberrygate and the furry pair have calmed down!:)

The decluttering is going well too - you're very brave to tackle teenage boys' bedrooms!:T

How is the style challenge going? Was part of the challenge to recycle what you already had in your wardrobe?

All fine, had a swollen ankle for a few days but its just a healing scratch now. The style thing has been interesting , very thought provoking. I now have a mental list of things to buy when I see them/have funds but no 'it'll do' purchases again. It has helped focus the exit of a few more bits which helps.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Busy couple of days getting things done before the boys break up for summer. Expensive things like hair cut and colour, new uniforms (Ds2 goes up a year and the uniform changes to blazer/shirt/tie from fleece and polos which is expensive, wasteful and generally annoying) and end of year school trips.

Food wise the freezer needs defrosting so i'm trying to run it down a bit. Made a meatloaf as a use it up (beef mince, random sausages, bacon scraps) which was ok, and has formed the basis of packed lunches at least. We had the first new potatoes from the garden which were just so tasty, even better cold. Hope I wrote the variety down! Peas in the pod are being picked daily and gobbled raw by the boys which is quite satisfying, and we have had a few more bowls of raspberries without personal injury. I bet there are courgettes ready too :cool:

I've cleared the excess junk from the bathroom and it looks so much better. I'm slowly prepping for the re-paint as I hate doing that. Re-homed the tired stainless steel stand to the garage and nothing is to go back in that doesn't fit in the new cupboard. Looks so much better clear and of course will be easier to clean.

Two sessions done on DS1s room, and probably another couple of hours to do. That needs to be done by Friday.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I've just worked out that I have 17 week days left to make in impression on this revolting hovel. Really need to focus if I am not to be embarrassed when house sitters arrive. Seriously, I should book them to visit every few months.

I'm avoiding DS1s bedroom. Can you tell? :cool::o:p
  • BelleOfBilboa
    Options
    To do lists are your friend, one step at a time! May the odds be ever in your favour!! ;)
    Next[STRIKE] £362.91[/STRIKE]/£0; Natwest OD[STRIKE] £2000[/STRIKE]/£0; Natwest Loan [STRIKE]£1692.50[/STRIKE]/£0; CDL £5700/£2386.72; Bank of M&D £2710.35/£1965.35 DFD 31/12/19

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just go in there with a binbag and then head straight out to get rid of it all before going back in with the bleach.

Make sure you have a mask and gloves :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure