NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    Late check in today - as I suspected yesterday I was on the go from 8am until 10pm and went straight to bed when I got home.
    Got up this morning and urgently had to do some work, shopping and housework so I've been busy all day again today as well.
    Interesting facts about the sugar - might try cutting back (I am terribly addicted though which is a bit of a problem) and see if my achy joints feel any better.

Bagged a nsd yesterday but had to do a food shop today as the fridge was very empty indeed..
    Gratitudes:
    Being home with kids and cats and dh
    Being able to have a nap during the day when my headache got too much
    Getting lots of work done.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for NSD 2/16, managing to avoid the worst of the showers, OH cleaning the flat and catch up TV.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2017 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Today won't be an SFD as Asda is getting picked up and our bread was mouldy this morning so I need to get DS a roll for his lunch (brought ham, butter and cheese with me to work as he doesn't like shop bought ready sandwiches, bless). Will make that and pop it over to his holiday club (across the road :) ).

Can't wait for tonight when I hop on the train for two days of "freedom" :p. Been a bit cheeky and left the washing hanging, some dirty washing, dishes and the bins are full. Well didn't leave them as such, just didn't go out of my way to get them done before I go as I had plenty other things to get done. Don't see why I always have to rush off my feet to get these things done to make his life easier as he'll have the kids by himself, never bothers him the other way round. Hope this will make him appreciate a bit more what the house fairy does ;).

Till later
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • better_times
    Options
    Allocate – Budget set which includes school uniform and holiday spends, £600 paid off loan

Use (Up)
    – Last night used up Corned beef from the cupboard, potatoes and carrots from the fridge, chocolate cake mix and tinned custard from the cupboard

Gratitudes
    It's Friday and I get to spend the weekend with DD
    My bedroom is getting finished off tonight
    DD is making dinner tonight

Upcoming (holidays) – We are off to a caravan for a week me DD and bear (the dog) I will pack lunches and cook at night to keep the costs down

Spends – I will have 3/15 NSD’s

Time (for yourself) – A nice long bath and going to watch Pretty little liars with DD
    Tesco £126/£0.00 - gone, 
    Cabot £150/£0.00 - gone
    Lowell £967.98/£248.50  left
    Lending Stream £1,137.00/£1,035.44 left
    Lowell £1,226.11/£1,116.61 left
    Old rent £2,211.00/£2,013.66 left
    Robway £2,298.43/£2,161.59 left
    Cabot £2,505.93/£2,282.08 left
    Robway £7,045.61/£6,616.09 left

Total £17,668.06/£15,473.97 Left 12.42% paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 2

Took the kids into town to spend their loot from visiting the relatives, all I paid for was parking at £1 but it was in the budget so it does not count.

Inventorized pantry and have a minimal shopping list so tomorrow will not be a NSD but will also not be huge. I am not taking the kids with me shopping. No way. Not worth it.

All meals from stores today.

Grateful that the rain has stayed away, a roofer rang me unexpectedly about a quote, I have refound my motivation to strip wallpaper and ceiling paper, if that is even a thing. And that I did not put on any weight at all while I was away, even though I wasn't at the gym and was not dieting at all. Must have been stress.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Can't wait for tonight when I hop on the train for two days of "freedom" :p. Been a bit cheeky and left the washing hanging, some dirty washing, dishes and the bins are full. Well didn't leave them as such, just didn't go out of my way to get them done before I go as I had plenty other things to get done. Don't see why I always have to rush off my feet to get these things done to make his life easier as he'll have the kids by himself, never bothers him the other way round. Hope this will make him appreciate a bit more what the house fairy does ;).

Till later

I hope your experience is better than mine. I find that it's all just still there waiting for me when I get back. Not that I'm bitter about having the laziest family on earth or anything :p
    Enjoy your couple of days off.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry didn't post yesterday had a weird day.

Now on shiny new massive screen computer in work, taken all day installing and can I remember my passwords !

Up to 3/15 SFD.

Yesterday went to look at joining a gym/ fitness scheme.
    Then went to view a puppy which had been abandoned in a lay by and taken to the Rspca kennels.

Gym membership so expensive come to my senses not doing that.

Puppy took out to field, didn't connect with her, felt so bad because she has had such a rubbish start in life. If it was 100% border collie gone with it but cross with something else which made her different. Gorgeous looking, still feel bad.

Spent today bought a ticket for local gig £13.13 to include booking fee. woo hoo.

Might do food shopping later, but my head hurts so maybe tomorrow.

Cooked heaps of rice and have few leftover sausages for tea.

Fmess- I went to complementary therapist while back and she massaged my tummy which I thought was weird for back pain but it worked. Didn't explain why so interesting to hear explanation of sugar/ pancreas.

Grateful for
    New computer even though seem to not had my excel files with my budgets transferred.
    Sun is out
    Its the weekend and its all mine this week.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2017 at 2:59PM
    Options
    I hope your experience is better than mine. I find that it's all just still there waiting for me when I get back. Not that I'm bitter about having the laziest family on earth or anything :p
    Enjoy your couple of days off.

Well the kids are only 6 and 3 so not expecting much (they're only in charge of watering the tomato plants). But he'll get a wee telling if nothings been done especially if he replies: but I had the kids etc. Men are strange, he at least keeps asking if he can help but if I say no that's it. He doesn't even see the blatantly obvious like the bin or the recycling box overflowing. Or I'm doing the dishes, what 's preventing him from taking the washing down that's waiting right next to him rather than checking Facebook. He also has a habit of asking half way through me doing the dishes if he can help with them :rotfl: He did that to his father the other week who found the timing hilarious.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had to buy vegetables for tea but everything else has come from freezer

Wish I’d stayed out. This has been the worst day so far for noise, dust and mess. We had to turn off the TV because we couldn’t hear it and I’ve been having to use my inhaler because of the dust. At least the workmen do try to clear up a bit but it really is like living in a building site. I’m sure it will be worthwhile in the end but I just wish they had warned us about how much disruption it would cause. The workmen are mostly Polish, very nice but limited English (actually no English), so trying to get information is impossible. If we’d known it was going to be this bad today and how long it was going to last we would have gone out for lunch or something. Rant over!

Haven’t had a treat today so far. Think I might have a long soak in the bath with some nice bubbles later.

Today I’m grateful for:
    The noise eventually stopping.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today hasn't been a NSD as I got some new makeup - I had ran out of foundation so needed some more. I have horrible skin and I feel really self conscious without foundation because of my spots.

I have used up the last of the pasta bake for lunch. Having a YS pizza from the feezer for dinner.

Gratitudes
    1) I'm grateful for the weekend
    2) I'm grateful that I have Monday off work
    3) I'm grateful for the full weekend as I've decided not to do any overtime tomorrow. We're going to go out and do something together instead :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family