NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Options

Comments

• LD_13
    LD_13 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question, if a direct debit comes out of my back account today does that mean it's a spend day?
    Visa - £368.99, Car loan (dad) - £3,690
    NSD - /18
    Food shop - £3.60/£100
    Super September Scrimper No. 28
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2017 at 9:20AM
    Options
    LD_13 wrote: »
    Quick question, if a direct debit comes out of my back account today does that mean it's a spend day?

No, bills like that (leccy, rent, water) don't count.

mothernerd hope your sleeping patterns improve soon again.

SFD number 2 today. Tomorrow will be a spend day as I did an Asda order.

I'll be away for the weekend at a triathlon, taking the train and staying in a YH for two nights. DH just doesn't get it that I actually look fwd to that esp. being on my own (which I haven't done like this for about a decade or definitely before kids (which the kids noticed today, "you've never been away, we've never been alone with daddy" - but he has).
    DH:"Will you know anybody at the race" - no -"sure that's ok?" -YES. "What will you do with yourself all day" - Relax, read a book, go for. a walk, do the race......"That'll be a lot of hanging about waiting for the train on Sun" - no, more time to read etc. :rotfl::rotfl: I think he's never been alone as such, always with brothers, friends, family, whereas I was used to it and now miss it sometimes. I can overdose on company quite easily, especially now being married with kids. Will come back from that weekend totally recharged and appreciating company a bit more again.

Today I'm grateful for
    *a tidy wardrobe
    *a tidy wool stash
    *the sun
    *a weekend away soon
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2017 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Good morning guys
    Yesterday was a spendy day as my online shop arrived, but now lovely full cupboards.
    I did my first shift at the charity shop, lovely people both customers and staff. Lots of temptation but I'm working on my willpower at the moment. I've actually managed to keep the leftover cake and biscuits from my visitors on Tuesday in the cupboard. They are still sealed up so should last.
    This has a roll on effect that I should have lost weight at weigh in tonight.
    I'm grateful for
    Full cupboards
    A good day
    The view out of our window, the sun going down over the sea is wonderful.
    I also managed a little nap while OH tinkered in his garage.
    So overall not a bad day at all.
    Hugs to those that need them ( and those that don't too)
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OK.... it's way too early in the day to declare NSD - but I need one (and can't forsee any reason why one won't be achieved....) Have just calculated how much money we have left for the rest of the month (including not-yet-received tax credits and child ben) - and there's waaaay more month than money :(

I need to pay for DS1's driving lessons (his birthday present) and buying a course works out cheaper per lesson, rather than payg.

Thankfully, much of OH's food will be covered by expenses, as he is staying away in hotels at least 2 nights/ week. We do have to pay upfront and then claim back, though (same for fuel/ mileage)

We are also away tomorrow night - I have no idea where - OH has booked it as a surprise for just me and him.... and we have a loose itinerary of things we are doing..... (pre-booked) I will try to enjoy it without thinking about the cost! I believe most is already paid for...

I will definitely be on a use-it-up mission re food at home to try and reduce spends there (lunch today is jackets (ys potatoes :)) with coleslaw which needs using up) All 4 of my children can eat massive amounts....

I also have a day out on Monday with bestie - at a shopping mall...... She and her hubby are MF, have lots of cash in the bank, no kids - and earn around £50k pa more than we do.... However, it doesn't have to be a spendy day. We will have lunch (I expect I will pay as part of her bday treat (allowed for in my gifts budget) - she will pay when we go Xmas shopping) Tbh - we do it more to make sure we spend time together just the 2 of us. What I will buy, though (assuming in stock) is the needed school socks and shirts. DS1 is also after a book and has a gift card - I could get that for him. All of this is shopping - but not for the sake of it. DD is also after some things, so I can window shop them and send her pics (she can then go shopping by herself another time if she likes them) Therefore, any spend shouldn't be mine (book) or are needed/ budgeted (school stuff) or just budgeted (lunch) :D

OH has just phoned to tell me that he has £125 in his account from switching :) - that will be used towards the holiday in Oct costs :) (Most impressed with Hfax service so far!) And I *think* (hope!) I've just discovered £158 hotel bill missed from his expenses claim for July.... That will be most helpful if that's the case!

Argh! Am sure it will all come right in the end.......!

Will hopefully confirm NSD later - and add gratitudes then :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • better_times
    better_times Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 August 2017 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Allocate – Budget set which includes school uniform and holiday spends, £600 paid off loan

Use (Up)
    – Last night used up pork from the freezer, a honey marinade and vegetable rice from the cupboard

Gratitudes
    I have some time to go to bingo tonight with a friend and have a massive catch up not seen her for 3 months
    I have been offered a full contract from work so no longer agency
    It has finally stopped raining

Upcoming (holidays) – We are off to a caravan for a week me DD and bear (the dog) I will pack lunches and cook at night to keep the costs down

Spends – I will have 3/15 NSD’s

Tomorrow I will need to put petrol in the car and DD needs so un budgeted snacks for a friends house but I am making some chocolate brownies for her to take too so not a massive spend

Time (for yourself) – Last night I watched Now you see me 2 and knitted a square for my blanket
    Tesco £126/£0.00 - gone, 
    Cabot £150/£0.00 - gone
    Lowell £967.98/£248.50  left
    Lending Stream £1,137.00/£1,035.44 left
    Lowell £1,226.11/£1,116.61 left
    Old rent £2,211.00/£2,013.66 left
    Robway £2,298.43/£2,161.59 left
    Cabot £2,505.93/£2,282.08 left
    Robway £7,045.61/£6,616.09 left

Total £17,668.06/£15,473.97 Left 12.42% paid
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been offered a full contract from work so no longer agency

Congratulations :j
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spendy day today. Needed to stock up on toilet rolls, cleaning stuff, etc and some chocolate and biscuits mysteriously appeared in the basket when I got to the checkout. It wasn’t me!!!

Dinner for us is chicken from the freezer and son is having steak pie also from freezer. Pork chops coming out for tomorrow.

Cousin thinks afternoon tea sounds like a great idea. Her daughter is a vegan so we’ll let her choose the venue – she knows some really lovely places. Also managed to have a chat with Sister in Law and my late cousin's husband.

Today’s treat - A slice of strawberry cheesecake which was in the fridge. Won’t do the weight loss any good but never mind.

Today I’m grateful for:
    A lovey walk in the park where they’ve built a great new playground for the children
    Getting the washing dry before the rain came on
    A quiet afternoon watching Poirot.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ive had a good, relaxing day today, given that the vet been working

First go at working from home today - it has been brilliant and the time I have gained is fantastic. Spent most of the day working in my dressing gown just getting on with it. Gone over my hours by 30 mins but the amount I have got done today makes it worth it. Work are usually funny about earning extra hours at home (cause they can't keep track of you) but I've done well over my allocation so I'm hoping they won't take that extra 30 mins back! I've worked hard for it!

I'm now relaxing in a hot bath. Today would be a NSD but I'm going out to watch the OH play tonight so there will be spends then. Budget is still looking really good though :) I say at day 3 of the month!!!!

Gratitudes
    1) working from home and flexible working
    2) time for a hot bubble bath
    3) leftovers for lunch and dinner!!!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Feeling quite positive today. I've had a SFD (only spend was the chiropractor = medical expense) :) It was definitely needed. Does anything know anything about chiropractors? Mine worked on my back and knee and pelvis but then did some other prodding and poking on my stomach, neck and hand. Afterwards she said I had been overdoing the sugar and my pancreas was congested?! She then said she'd done something which would make my pancreas and gall bladder empty and I needed to drink plenty of water to help flush out the contents. I teach biology but I have no idea if this is even possible?!?!

I did three hours temping this morning and submitted my hours for the week so should be paid by Tuesday. They also said they wanted me to work as much as I wanted to over the next 4 weeks :)

Today I am grateful for

- not getting wet whilst dog walking
    - extra pay
    - lovely food in the house
    - having the willpower to stick to slimming world
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Better times Yay for the contract.

Crossed fingers for me please - I have been temping and a contract has apparently been mentioned to agency. Would be great.

Also NSD No 3 today.:j
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills