PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah so annoying Upsy. Never mind, you can join me in the 'STILL WAITING, STILL NO PROGRESS, ARRRGGGHHHH' boat. Plenty of room now everyone seems to be moving along!
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Someone may be telling you porkies. Never heard that before, and I've bought 7 (buying #8). There may be something that makes it slightly easier with paperwork (not that I can think of anything), but it's not a usual requirement as far as I know. Perhaps it's one bank that works like that and I've not used them before... hmm.

Quite possibly it only relates to the particular lender at the bottom of my chain, they have been holding everyone including their own investor they are working on behalf of up so if it makes it easier for them to count on their fingers or whatever I'll go with it.
    I've just had the call so its go go go on everything I need to press the button on for next Mon; movers, oven, post redirection um I think that's the main ones

Natbag go give the EA a kick & get them to find out they are getting paid enough
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Natbag
    Options
    Do you know what? They are useless, so I've just phoned the NHBC. It takes 10 days by post. So we'd have been sat here waiting for 10 days. :wall:
    However, they told me if the current property owner calls them, they'll send it out by email within a couple of hours for free.
    Just phoned the EA and asked if they would kindly do this to get things moving.
    If you want a job doing, do it yourself!
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Natbag wrote: »

Or choose a better estate agent!! ;)
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    That's so frustrating Natbag! At least you should be able to make progress soon (touch wood)!
  • Natbag
    Options
    It's the solicitors being slack, the EA has been great. The vendor has now phoned them, and the email should be received first thing :D
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    Woohoo! :j
  • Natbag
    Options
    I'm not celebrating too soon, I expect something else to be the hold-up tomorrow, like drawing down of funds. I can't see it ever ending.
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Natbag wrote: »
    Do you know what? They are useless, so I've just phoned the NHBC. It takes 10 days by post. So we'd have been sat here waiting for 10 days. :wall:
    However, they told me if the current property owner calls them, they'll send it out by email within a couple of hours for free.
    Just phoned the EA and asked if they would kindly do this to get things moving.
    I feel your pain. Due to complete on Friday after 13 weeks and we’ve lost approximately five weeks due to people sitting around filing their nails when there were outstanding enquiries they just weren’t dealing with.
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    So from out of nowhere get a call today to say exchange and complete on friday. I requested the 3rd as the 27th doesn't work for me. Think the EA just wants her commission before months end. I dont know if the funds can be drawn by then or if the htb isa bonus would make it in time. Be nice if my solicitor bothered speaking to me, reached this far without hearing his voice!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback