PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Bad_Accountant
    Options
    Joining this thread! I'm buying with OH, FTBs currently in rented flat.

AIP Sept 2019 (Halifax)
    ... about 20-odd viewings including complete horrors :rotfl:
    18/10 Offer accepted on property, £5k below asking price
    26/10 Mortgage application via broker done (changed to Barclays for best rate)
    04/11 Underwriters approve
    05/11 EA confirms that our vendors have found a chain-free property to move into - chain of three complete :shocked:
    06/11 valuation
    08/11 mortgage approved, solicitor instructed

So today I'm going through the dozens of documents our solicitors sent, looking at their hair-raising fees :eek: and getting more documents together. Going to be giving our printer a workout getting all these in hard copy for sigs (if it breaks, can I add the costs of a new printer on the mortgage? :p)

I slightly regret going for a local solicitor in our (very expensive) current town as they are charging through the nose. I think it'll be over £3k including SDLT and a deed in trust. But, OH wanted a solicitor we could actually go to in person, and this one has a good reputation - and if it means we get a smoother purchase, it'll be worth it.
    Mortgage - £274,000 to pay
    WEAR A MASK
  • babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Joining this thread! I'm buying with OH, FTBs currently in rented flat.

AIP Sept 2019 (Halifax)
    ... about 20-odd viewings including complete horrors :rotfl:
    18/10 Offer accepted on property, £5k below asking price
    26/10 Mortgage application via broker done (changed to Barclays for best rate)
    04/11 Underwriters approve
    05/11 EA confirms that our vendors have found a chain-free property to move into - chain of three complete :shocked:
    06/11 valuation
    08/11 mortgage approved, solicitor instructed

So today I'm going through the dozens of documents our solicitors sent, looking at their hair-raising fees :eek: and getting more documents together. Going to be giving our printer a workout getting all these in hard copy for sigs (if it breaks, can I add the costs of a new printer on the mortgage? :p)

I slightly regret going for a local solicitor in our (very expensive) current town as they are charging through the nose. I think it'll be over £3k including SDLT and a deed in trust. But, OH wanted a solicitor we could actually go to in person, and this one has a good reputation - and if it means we get a smoother purchase, it'll be worth it.
    Your OH is absolutely correct, I'd rather pay for service than a conveyancing factory where anything and everything gets delayed and put to the bottom of the pile
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    3 November - viewed new build estate
    9 November - took hubby along and chose a property/got Decision in Principle
    10 November - reserved property and paid £500 reservation fee
    April/May - moving date (exchange approx start Dec) - excited and very nervous as we are older buyers finally getting back on the property market - came back to MSE for tips and encouragement (need to join the Mortgage free wannabe thread).
    Mortgage 31May est. £183,500 £244,947, Ends Jan'38 Jun'39 (target Feb'31)
    H2B Loan Est: £75k (accord to NW) - saved for Jun25 so far £15

EF £6,325; Personal savings (PBs/ISA new car fund): £2200
    Check Seven Goals Regularly; Work-life balance.
    Celebrate being 60; Be 'Good Enough'
    Books Read: stuck on no.6 in 2024
  • Piiiinksocks
    Options
    I can’t quote my previous post because I’m on my phone...

Mortgage offer on 31/10/19
    Searches came back same day, enquiries sent 4/10/19.

Seller has notoriously been SO SLOW at everything but we’re desperate to be in before Christmas. We missed our notice day so we’ve got our rental house until at least 10/01/20. Time to be a thorn in the estate agents side again I think!!
  • Happyadventurer
    Options
    Interesting reading all of this. Talking of slow...
    Last Of the searches received by my solicitor 5.11.19. Mortgage offer etc all done already and full survey. Today I chased Solicitor as he has not even sent enquires yet following all searches etc done a week ago. No exchange date timeline so I e mailed today expressing concern that mortgage offer will expire (Mid Jan) Xmas and new year closures will delay things further and vendor and I want to complete ASAP. I want to give notice also as currently renting. How do I deal with a vague, slow conveyancer or should I just drink a glass of wine and trust he will deliver? There is no chain, just me and the vendor.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How do I deal with a vague, slow conveyancer or should I just drink a glass of wine and trust he will deliver?

Sounds sensible. You won't be their only client. As much as you'd like to think that you are.
  • welwynrose
    Options
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Some positivity on our Sale - timeline so far

22/08 House put on Market
    07/09 FTBs view property while we are away
    09/09 Offer received £25k under asking price - rejected
    10/09 revised offer received £5k under asking price - accepted
    12/10 Buyers had second viewing to remind themselves what the house was like
    21/10 Queries from buyers over whether we’d be taking our fish from the pond & any plants from the garden
    08/11 Confirmation from Solicitors exchange on Monday completion on the 6th December

Unfortunately still haven’t had confirmation on the house we are buying that they can complete on 6th December so may be homeless

Just had a phone call to confirm that we’ve exchanged woo hoo
  • Bluntman_1983
    Options
    Still waiting to exchange. Turns out our buyer's solicitor hadn't sent management pack for her sale (leasehold flat) until earlier this month. Queries back from her buyer's solicitor and apparently answered but now her solicitor isn't answering calls/emails.

Got my solicitor and estate agent chasing our buyer and her solicitor, whilst at the same time trying to reassure our vendor that we will make progress - she's already missed out on a new build that she needed to complete on by 30 September and apparently has chosen a property to rent but we are worried that if she loses that then she'll get fed up!

Fingers crossed for exchange this week so we can get on with it!

Still haven't exchanged. One enquiry outstanding on our buyer's sale. No idea what it is (other than it needs the housing association to provide a response) or why it's taking so long. Our estate agents, our seller's estate agents and our solicitor are chasing like mad but getting zilch out of our buyer's estate agent or solicitor. Everyone else has been ready since early September. Our seller can't complete between 25th Nov and 8 Dec due to holiday so we're staring down the barrel of 2020 completion potentially or the whole thing collapsing. Mortgage offer expires end of December.

:(
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    Today is supposedly exchange day - and got a timely reminder from Nationwide that our mortgage expires soon! So on edge until it happens!!
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Today is supposedly exchange day - and got a timely reminder from Nationwide that our mortgage expires soon! So on edge until it happens!!
    Argh Best of luck! Is there some epically long film you can watch? xx

So We are here offically now

09/09 House on Market
    12/09 Conveyencor stuff all filled in (My friend is one so she did a lot of hand-holding) It's all ready to go.
    23/09 First offer from someone who didn't come and see the house, didn't turn up to the viewings, didn't reply to correspondence and the offer was still on the table. I rejected it
    29/10 Second offer 20K below asking, rejected came back with another 15k below, hasn't bothered replying to a counter offer, ignoring messages and calls from EA, was declined a mortage.
    01/11 3rd Verible offer made with EA 50k!! below asking. Umm No. :rotfl:
    12/11 4th and accepted offer by person who has a mortage offer in place , and we are both chain free. 6k Below asking. House taken off market and date set for 19th ish of January. Just waiting for his lawyers details, and EA to call.

10 viewings, 4 not bothering to show up :mad:
    The Buyer looked at our house when I hadn't had time to tidy up as it was very last minute. He has corresponded wonderly so far. Really hope this is it
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport