PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Crumble2018
    Options
    Halfie wrote: »
    And just like that.... We've EXCHANGED!!!!!!!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer: Hallelujah!!!!!

Excellent news!!!
  • Piiiinksocks
    Options
    I feel a bit of a fraud posting in here, but I won’t really believe we’re waiting to exchange until we’ve actually done it!

We moved last year into rented accommodation, failed to sell our house (2 sales fell through after 7 ish weeks both times. First was an impatient buyer, 2nd was a bad survey). We rented the house, tenants asked to buy (but wanted to pay approx £40k less than market value...) then handed their notice in. We marketed again, accepted an offer mid August and completed last Thursday.

Due to the bad luck, we hadn’t even entertained the idea of house hunting - our purchase fell through last year and we felt devastated. So we started booking house viewings the day we exchanged, nothing really pulled me in but we needed to start the search really. First house was meh, but the second house was amazing. First viewing was Saturday 21st, second viewing on Monday 23rd, first offer accepted on Tuesday 24th. We had the solicitors instructed, AIP and the memo of sale on 25th September.

Everything has now stopped and likely will for a few weeks. We had a few kind & CC to pay off with the proceeds of our sale, so had to wait for that to go through before putting in our mortgage application. The broker (L&C) were going to submit yesterday but apparently their application team has to get some submissions in for some rates that got pulled - ours should be in tomorrow with HSBC which I’ve heard is very quick at the moment.

It's been sloooow to this point, but last Thursday (31st October) our solicitor confirmed she'd had the searches and would be raising enquiries, we also got our mortgage offer through. Initially we'd been pushing for completion this Friday but I think that is highly unlikely. Now I'm just asking for completion ASAP because we'd like to move in November. I've just had to budget for having 2 houses for 2 months.

It's exciting now it's so close, but the vendors solicitors took 3 weeks just to get draft contracts out so this may take another 4 weeks or so to get these enquiries responded to...
  • Piiiinksocks
    Options
    Halfie wrote: »
    And just like that.... We've EXCHANGED!!!!!!!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer: Hallelujah!!!!!

Congratulations!
  • Skaty87
    Options
    We are supposed to be exchanging this week on our house purchase but my solicitor is now telling me we need to wait for a redemption certificate from the sellers as the exchange can’t be done without it? Is this something that they could have gotten sooner? They have agreed to complete in two weeks we haven’t arranged anything yet but I feel like they are holding things up on purpose?

I’m a worrier by nature is this normal? I’m a first time buyer?
  • welwynrose
    Options
    So frustrated our buyers are ready to set dates for exchange & completion but the solicitors on the property we are buying are dragging their heels although the seller is also eager to set dates as we are moving across the country we need plenty of notice so that we can hand in our notice at work find a new school etc
  • dreiblathena
    Options
    First time buyer in Scotland here. Here is out timeline:
    3.10 AIP
    12.10 First Viewing of THE house
    15.10 Second Viewing of THE house
    16.10 Noted Interest
    17.10 Made offer am (rejected - we were being cheeky), PM made second offer which was accepted
    28.10 Mortgage appointment with Nationwide
    4.11 text from Nationwide that application received (not sure why it took a week to get this)
    5.11 Text and Email that Offer issued
    28.11 Proposed date of entry...

Still waiting for the Qualified Acceptance from the sellers (for 2.5 weeks already). They say they are working towards the date at end of November that we said in our offer letter but for now they seem to be very slow getting all the documentation ready and submitted to their solicitor, with forms going missing...fingers crossed it all comes together in the end...
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    despite our buyers finally recieving their mortgage offer last Thursday, we STILL HAVEN'T exchanged! turns out the purchase price on their offer is incorrect, so they have to refer it back to their lender for amendment.....My solicitor said it can be done really quickly, but its been almost a week

I feel like giving up!
  • RailwayFTB
    Options
    Nervous here. Today is exchange date. Both sets of solicitors happy so it should happen. What time am I going to hear???? Arghhhhh
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    We have to exchange before the 20th due to the notive period on our rental, and our mortgage running out, yet we are still waiting for the housing association to return a deed of variation. I'm starting to think we're going to have to reapply for the mortgage at this rate. This has been the most stressful move ever - I've really had enough now.
  • welwynrose
    Options
    Some positivity on our Sale - timeline so far

22/08 House put on Market
    07/09 FTBs view property while we are away
    09/09 Offer received £25k under asking price - rejected
    10/09 revised offer received £5k under asking price - accepted
    12/10 Buyers had second viewing to remind themselves what the house was like
    21/10 Queries from buyers over whether we’d be taking our fish from the pond & any plants from the garden
    08/11 Confirmation from Solicitors exchange on Monday completion on the 6th December

Unfortunately still haven’t had confirmation on the house we are buying that they can complete on 6th December so may be homeless
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback