PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Skiddaw1
    Skiddaw1 Posts: 2,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dancingbear, have been there.... :)

Wine. Wine. Wine. Wine. Wine. Beer. Beer. etc....:beer:
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    We complete tomorrow and I am sick to my stomach with nerves!

The house is packed up and ready, I am beyond excited for my beautiful new place, but cannot sleep and am terrified something will go wrong?

Buyers carp sol doesn't send money till 4pm etc etc.

NEED TO CHILL. :rotfl:

I'll be fine once we've exchanged. But we don't have to move in one day, so that takes the stress away! Good luck - and ENJOY! :beer:
  • dingling68
    Options
    Apparently my newly retyped lease [after my solicitors made a correction on nearly every page of the second one sent by the vendor's solicitors] is on the way back from the vendors ... I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes!!
    Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty 
  • Thanks both!

Feeling bit better now we are completely ready and have had a glass of wine :beer:

Best of luck to all waiting. You will get there! Our process from start to finish was 11 weeks.
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    Thanks both!

Feeling bit better now we are completely ready and have had a glass of wine :beer:

Best of luck to all waiting. You will get there! Our process from start to finish was 11 weeks.

We're into our 22nd week! :eek:
  • dave76
    dave76 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    ugh, though we were closing in on exchange maybe next week until I got a call yesterday to say the landlord company has become aware of modifications to the property made without their permission (actually made by previous owners) and they are expecting retrospective permission to be sought :( I guess this isn't going to be sorted in a few days.
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    We have FINALLY exchanged! Get the keys next Friday! Relieved doesn't even cover it!
  • jashdown
    Options
    Our chain was completed last week - thankfully only 3 in it - could have been a lot worse.

The property at the top of the chain want to complete before Xmas and i quote "because we can't be arsed to put up our decorations"

Promptly told them where to go - I'll wait until January thanks :)
  • Marteebee
    Options
    Marteebee wrote: »
    Think we're finally getting there! Searches returned all good mid-October and we were looking at a completion of the 8th (with an exchange earlier in the week) but seller twice moved their preferred completion date (After hassling us to hurry up with the process...) but it's looking like an exchange this thursday and completion next Tuesday at the mo'!

Can't wait!

Woo all exchanged now! Buildings insurance bought and completion on Tuesday. Time to get packing!
  • Happyadventurer
    Options
    Congratulations on exchanges. My searches done, mortgage offer been in for ages and expires just after Xmas! Solicitor has not sent enquiries despite sending message that is next in list nearly two weeks ago. NOTHING. I keep thinking he won’t let me down. He knows the expiry of my mortgage offer. There’s no chain. Solicitor is scaring me with his lack of communication even if it’s that I am 178 on his list of clients!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure