PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• RailwayFTB
    Options
    We exchanged last Friday!! Complete 29th. We’ve gone from offer to exchange in two months. Can’t quite believe it. If anyone needs a solicitor recommendation then let me know, ours were great.
  • wksd
    wksd Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join please
    November 2nd - agree sale 5k under asking
    November 2nd - offer accepted on house for asking price.

We are waiting for mortgage valuations and then we can begin! Was hoping for January but not filled with much hope
  • Bluntman_1983
    Options
    Still haven't exchanged. One enquiry outstanding on our buyer's sale. No idea what it is (other than it needs the housing association to provide a response) or why it's taking so long. Our estate agents, our seller's estate agents and our solicitor are chasing like mad but getting zilch out of our buyer's estate agent or solicitor. Everyone else has been ready since early September. Our seller can't complete between 25th Nov and 8 Dec due to holiday so we're staring down the barrel of 2020 completion potentially or the whole thing collapsing. Mortgage offer expires end of December.

:(

We may be getting somewhere. Apparently the cause of the delay on our buyer's sale was the lack of NHBC certificate and what seems like an inexplicable absence of request to NHBC to get a replacement. Our buyer's solicitors appear to be at fault for that as the nature of the issue was not communicated to our buyer, who I'm confident would have just emailed NHBC same day to get a replacement.

No point getting tied up about things that have been and gone though so hopefully that's the final issue to resolve and once it's received we can get on to exchange.

All offers accepted and chain formed 12 July... 18 weeks and counting..
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    09/09 House on Market
    12/09 Conveyencor stuff all filled in (My friend is one so she did a lot of hand-holding) It's all ready to go.
    23/09 First offer from someone who didn't come and see the house, didn't turn up to the viewings, didn't reply to correspondence and the offer was still on the table. I rejected it
    29/10 Second offer 20K below asking, rejected came back with another 15k below, hasn't bothered replying to a counter offer, ignoring messages and calls from EA, was declined a mortage.
    01/11 3rd Verible offer made with EA 50k!! below asking. Umm No.
    12/11 4th and accepted offer by person who has a mortage offer in place , and we are both chain free. 6k Below asking. House taken off market and date set for 19th ish of January. Just waiting for his lawyers details, and EA to call.
    21/11 Now have an offer accepted on a house we love, Still waiting for intial letter from Our solicter says it was sent on 14th , perhaps it takes sometime to type. Being impatient
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • dreiblathena
    Options
    First time buyer in Scotland here. Here is out timeline:
    3.10 AIP
    12.10 First Viewing of THE house
    15.10 Second Viewing of THE house
    16.10 Noted Interest
    17.10 Made offer am (rejected - we were being cheeky), PM made second offer which was accepted
    28.10 Mortgage appointment with Nationwide
    4.11 text from Nationwide that application received (not sure why it took a week to get this)
    5.11 Text and Email that Offer issued
    28.11 Proposed date of entry...

Still waiting for the Qualified Acceptance from the sellers (for 2.5 weeks already). They say they are working towards the date at end of November that we said in our offer letter but for now they seem to be very slow getting all the documentation ready and submitted to their solicitor, with forms going missing...fingers crossed it all comes together in the end...

A wee update from FTB buyers in Scotland:

We finally 'exchanged' (concluded Missives) Yesterday 25.11, and are due to get the keys on Thursday. Lets hope everything goes smoothly.
  • Bluntman_1983
    Options
    We may be getting somewhere. Apparently the cause of the delay on our buyer's sale was the lack of NHBC certificate and what seems like an inexplicable absence of request to NHBC to get a replacement. Our buyer's solicitors appear to be at fault for that as the nature of the issue was not communicated to our buyer, who I'm confident would have just emailed NHBC same day to get a replacement.

No point getting tied up about things that have been and gone though so hopefully that's the final issue to resolve and once it's received we can get on to exchange.

All offers accepted and chain formed 12 July... 18 weeks and counting..

NHBC certificate received last Friday. Now know of no reason why we can't exchange today or tomorrow... But nothing's happening! Aargh.

20 weeks since chain formed (3 transactions)... In by Christmas?? Maybe..
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    NHBC certificate received last Friday. Now know of no reason why we can't exchange today or tomorrow... But nothing's happening! Aargh.

20 weeks since chain formed (3 transactions)... In by Christmas?? Maybe..

Have you chased your solicitor and the agent? We learn't that you have to keep on top of them, every day!
  • Bluntman_1983
    Options
    Yup! In touch with them daily. Both our solicitor and EA have been fantastic - both local firms and have been very prompt and proactive.

The issues lie with solicitors for our buyer & their buyer. Unable to contact, terrible communication, not acting promptly on stuff. I've been in direct contact with our buyer and she's been chasing them constantly.

Nothing else I can do now except grind my teeth down to stumps!
  • Bennettxoxo
    Options
    We have finally paid our deposit to the solicitors!

Just waiting to hear about exchange now.
    Mortgage start: £121,500 Dec 19
  • Bluntman_1983
    Options
    Well done Bennett! Hopefully the person at the bottom of our chain is doing the same right now! It could be you for all I know about them! haha.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback