PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Halfie
    Halfie Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Halfie wrote: »
    We have progress!! Our solicitor now has the vendors indemnity insurance which they are just checking before forwarding to Lenders Solicitors (who have been very "thorough"!). If this is acceptable to them and they, our buyers and our vendors agree, we can exchange and set completion as 8th November!! Pray for us!! haha

So, vendors came back saying they cant complete on 8th and suggested 11th. We called the EA who spoke with vendor and it's because there's some furniture they are having collected by a charity on 11th. So, we've agreed that they can leave some of the items there for the charity and we will allow them access on the Monday if we can complete on Friday 8th. Solicitors have added an additional clause to reflect the issue with the furniture which the Vendors have agreed and solicitors have said they are hoping to exchange today!! Eeeeeeeek :j
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    So, vendors came back saying they cant complete on 8th and suggested 11th. We called the EA who spoke with vendor and it's because there's some furniture they are having collected by a charity on 11th. So, we've agreed that they can leave some of the items there for the charity and we will allow them access on the Monday if we can complete on Friday 8th. Solicitors have added an additional clause to reflect the issue with the furniture which the Vendors have agreed and solicitors have said they are hoping to exchange today!! Eeeeeeeek :j
    Great news - you must be so excited!
  • Halfie
    Options
    Great news - you must be so excited!
    Very! just hope it doesn't fall down at the last minute because the vendor hasn't actually signed his contract yet as far as we know!!!!! It's gonna be a long day lol
  • RailwayFTB
    Options
    We’re first time buyers who went to see the flat we’re buying on 20th July. Still waiting to exchange which I feel is partly our fault for not knowing how things work properly. All relatively smooth sailing until mortgage adviser said that the lender would do a survey and I took it that this would be a structural survey. I waited for the results and it wasn’t until about a week or so after it took place that the mortgage adviser said that the lender doesn’t normally send these things out that I realised my misunderstanding.

Decided to do a structural survey - the mortgage adviser seemed to think it was a bit unusual that I should want one done, which was itself a little puzzling. It’s only the most significant purchase I’ll ever make in my life, mate. Anyway, that was mostly fine apart from some electrical stuff which absolutely needs doing but which we agreed to bear the cost of to speed things up.

The last month or so we’ve been waiting for our solicitors to be happy with various queries, which they finally were by the end of last week, so sent us stuff to sign ready for exchange. On Monday we discovered that because our deposits are in Skipton LISAs, it was going to take up to 30 days (hopefully sooner) to get the money from our account to our solicitors. The mortgage adviser, who I should’ve stopped asking for advice some time ago I now realise, said we’d be able to just tell Skipton we needed the money for our deposit, and they’d send it to me. Not only that, but that I could use the interest that’s now built up in there to put towards conveyancing fees, and that Skipton wouldn’t need to know. Needless to say neither of these things are the case.

So, now we’re waiting for our deposits to arrive and for solicitors to agree dates. It’s been a trying, stressful process up to now, doubly so since I work full time in a busy public facing role in a building with no phone reception, which means I get to receive worrying voicemails from one party or another asking me to call them urgently, hours after they tried to ring me. I’ve taken to keeping the estate agent up to date whenever anything happens because I prefer it to her ringing me in an attempt to wind me up about why X, Y or Z hasn’t happened yet. I am calling my solicitors every day too in the hope they get sick of me and decide to push things through more quickly. Fingers crossed.

I am not looking forward to doing this again if we have a chain to deal with

I wouldn't worry too much about Skipton. The solicitors sent the request form for us Monday this week. Skipton sent us the release form and husband called them same day. They are releasing the money next Wednesday with aim to exchange Friday (!!!! :D). Just give them a call. I don't think they are very busy at the moment.
  • Halfie
    Options

Just been informed one of the sellers (brother and sister I believe, probate property) hasn't returned their signed documents so unlikely we will exchange today!!! Argh!!!! We knew one hadn't signed the docs and was planning to go in to their Solicitors today and the other was meant to have done it yesterday. For goodness sake....
  • Crumble2018
    Options
    Just been informed one of the sellers (brother and sister I believe, probate property) hasn't returned their signed documents so unlikely we will exchange today!!! Argh!!!! We knew one hadn't signed the docs and was planning to go in to their Solicitors today and the other was meant to have done it yesterday. For goodness sake....

I guess that as it's a probate property, the sellers haven't got any urgency in getting things done. Very frustrating for you. Fingers crossed for Monday!
  • Halfie
    Options
    I guess that as it's a probate property, the sellers haven't got any urgency in getting things done. Very frustrating for you. Fingers crossed for Monday!

We've set the Estate Agents on to the vendors :rotfl: Hoping they can send a scanned copy over to the Solicitors and they can work from that with the hard copy to be sent to them before completion.
  • fidgetgreen
    Options
    So my process started in July, I'm currently hoping to complete this month as there are just three outstanding enquiries.

I want to view the property once more before exchange just to make sure nothing major has changed since the last viewing.

JUNE
    sat 29 June - 1st viewing

JULY
    mon 1 july - 2nd viewing
    wed 3 july - first offer rejected
    fri 12 july - second offer was accepted!
    Mon 29 July - got mortgage approval, Paid for searches

AUG
    Mon 12 August - received survey back
    Thu 15 August - Environmental search is back. Still waiting for land and water searches.
    Mon 19 August - Received water and drainage search
    Fri 30 Aug - got sent most docs from solicitor - lease, fixtures and fittings, 3 years service charge history etc. The solicitors had lots of questions on the lease etc and said i should arrange a time to go through it all with them.

SEP
    Thu 5 Sep - got land search through from solicitors
    Thu 12 Sep - emailed L&C to see if I could be moved to cheaper mortgage rate

OCT
    Wed 23 Oct - got email from Solicitors saying they have chased the seller's solicitor and will update me when they have time.
    Thur 24 Oct - got email from EA asking if 15th Nov is a good day for completion.
    Mon 28 Oct - Solicitor sent over other enquiries and said 15th Nov completion is doable.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and I'm in this month. I'm a FTB with no chain and the seller is already in their other accommodation. I'm very nervous about the whole thing and can't wait for it to be over to be honest.
  • Halfie
    Options

So Friday night we were told by the EA that all paperwork was with the sellers solicitors... our solicitor has been in touch with them but they are yet to respond and we've certainly not exchanged yet. So I don't know if all the paperwork is in place or not and we still don't have confirmation of completion on Friday!

We went over on the weekend and they have started to clear the house and they have let us have access to the garage so we can ship some of our stuff over so that's all positive and in the right direction but I'm getting more and more stressed about this lack of exchange....
  • Halfie
    Options
    So Friday night we were told by the EA that all paperwork was with the sellers solicitors... our solicitor has been in touch with them but they are yet to respond and we've certainly not exchanged yet. So I don't know if all the paperwork is in place or not and we still don't have confirmation of completion on Friday!

We went over on the weekend and they have started to clear the house and they have let us have access to the garage so we can ship some of our stuff over so that's all positive and in the right direction but I'm getting more and more stressed about this lack of exchange....

And just like that.... We've EXCHANGED!!!!!!!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer: Hallelujah!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback