PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• timehastoldme
    Options
    Yes, all searches done, surveys done, enquiries and follow up enquiries done (although we think our solicitor forgot to check on a thing so we've asked for that to be followed up, it's just to ask if any work has been done on the roof because of a different coloured tile). Our buyer is ready to go, contract signed and with solicitor. 

In theory is doable, but the earliest we can get removals is 8th November so we're asking for that.
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, all searches done, surveys done, enquiries and follow up enquiries done (although we think our solicitor forgot to check on a thing so we've asked for that to be followed up, it's just to ask if any work has been done on the roof because of a different coloured tile). Our buyer is ready to go, contract signed and with solicitor. 

In theory is doable, but the earliest we can get removals is 8th November so we're asking for that.
    Good luck. Please report back. 
  • Beth096
    Beth096 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beth096 said:
    Think I'm finally ready to join this thread after a very long journey! 

Journey so far
    Offer accepted on flat: 27/10/22
    Solicitors instructed: 28/10/22
    Mortgage offer received: 01/12/22
    Found out need deed of variation (requested seller to sort): 21/12/22
    Seller found out costs of deed of variation and wanted me to pay for it up front where my money wouldn't be protected if sale fell through. 
    Seller relisted: 06/03/23

Found new flat and offer accepted: 07/03/23
    Solicitors instructed: 08/03/23
    Searches received: 20/04/23
    Solicitors contacted me to say they can no longer act on the matter due to the new Buildings Safety Act: 04/05/23
    New solicitors instructed: 06/05/23

Been waiting on 5 enquiries since July when sellers solicitors stopped responding to the point I threatened to pull out if no movement by end of Oct. Within a week we finally have received everything. 
    My solicitor is just reviewing the last bits that have been sent and hopefully we'll get an exchange/completion date this week! 

Excitingly, my solicitor has proposed a completion date of next Thursday!

Haven't exchange yet so still a chance it may not be next week but here's hoping it does :)
  • RHemmings
    Options
    Beth096 said:
    Beth096 said:
    Think I'm finally ready to join this thread after a very long journey! 

Journey so far
    Offer accepted on flat: 27/10/22
    Solicitors instructed: 28/10/22
    Mortgage offer received: 01/12/22
    Found out need deed of variation (requested seller to sort): 21/12/22
    Seller found out costs of deed of variation and wanted me to pay for it up front where my money wouldn't be protected if sale fell through. 
    Seller relisted: 06/03/23

Found new flat and offer accepted: 07/03/23
    Solicitors instructed: 08/03/23
    Searches received: 20/04/23
    Solicitors contacted me to say they can no longer act on the matter due to the new Buildings Safety Act: 04/05/23
    New solicitors instructed: 06/05/23

Been waiting on 5 enquiries since July when sellers solicitors stopped responding to the point I threatened to pull out if no movement by end of Oct. Within a week we finally have received everything. 
    My solicitor is just reviewing the last bits that have been sent and hopefully we'll get an exchange/completion date this week! 

Excitingly, my solicitor has proposed a completion date of next Thursday!

Haven't exchange yet so still a chance it may not be next week but here's hoping it does :)
    Wow, that seems quite speedy to have not yet exchanged and to be completing next Thursday. Good luck.

For me, I've had my property survey and a debrief by the surveyor. There are some issues for me to think through. I've asked for a second viewing. 
  • matthew91822
    Options
    After some renegotiation we were to exchange today. Then the buyer pulled out. Breaking the chain and so I've now lost the house I am buying and ready to exchange on. 

When are we going to change to the Scottish system of offer accepted being contractual. Awful people, why do it now after 9 months.
    I think I have been one of the most unluckiest people trying to sell an empty house. Chain free

Sale - Chain free
    28/02: Marketed
    14/03: Offer accepted
    22/11 Ready to exchange
    29/11: buyer demands 20k price reduction and we renegotiate
    01/12: Date of exchange but buyer pulls out. (what a ****)
    02/12: Remarket the property but get zero viewings until January.
    04/01: Insanely low offer (at that time) rejected - hindsight I should have accepted because it was 21% more than we sold it for
    07/02: Offer accepted
    14/03: Buyer pulled out - they 'didn't like the trees' (then why offer)
    22/04: Offer accepted
    29/04: Buyer pulled out - they  wanted a different property (again why offer)
    03/05: Offer accepted
    22/05: Buyer pulled out - no reason stated (they went awol)
    09/06: Offer accepted
    Today: Exchanged & completed (for 28% less than 2022)

Glad to see the back of the place at long last.
  • Charly_H
    Charly_H Posts: 5 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2023 at 7:38PM
    Options
    I am struggling to see any end to this house selling process! Put it on the market in Feb 2023, we have had 4 offers and 3 of which have fell through previously. We have had a very unlucky journey up to this point.

My current buyer is selling a leasehold flat and we are 21 weeks into the sale from when the offer was accepted, does anyone know if its normal for a leasehold flat sale to take this long?

I have been assured that there are only 2 remaining enquiries on the flat and the answers need to come from the management company and then we can discuss dates but we have been waiting over 2 weeks now for that response and I'm losing the will.

Anyone else had a similar experience with the delays from management companies? Currently in a chain of 3 and we are the top of that chain.

• RHemmings
    Options
    @matthew91822 - sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations, but congratulations for eventually getting to the finishing line. Sorry to hear about your indecisive buyers. 

@Charly_H - good luck for a speedy resolution. 
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    We are due to exchange today (postponed from Friday). For various reasons, completion due Wednesday. Tighter than I'd like, but house selling and buying is a dark art and can't be helped. 

Still, feel like I'm grinding my teeth to stumps this morning.
  • timehastoldme
    timehastoldme Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 November 2023 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Listed 8th June

Offer accepted 24th August

Offered and offer accepted on a house 31st August

Exchanged today 6th November

Completion Wednesday 8th November

Waiting for an offer was awful, the feedback from most people viewing was that neighbours garden is an eyesore. We listed at £250, reduced to £245 in July and because of the unique circumstance of the (cash) buyer, accepted an offer of £235.
  • RHemmings
    Options
    @timehastoldme - great that you got there in the end and hopefully there is still something of your teeth left now. 

For me, things looked a bit uncertain. But, as of this week I'm clearly through offer, acceptance, survey, and now continuing on with AML stuff and things are looking much more positive. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback