PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

ps: if any of you happen to be in London area, I`d like to know your removal company cost details. Thank you

North/East London (E4) and using Inline Removals. Have used them 4 times before and happy to recommend.

Charging £1280-ish (VAT on top) to pack and move everything - around 40 miles. 3 bed house to another 3 bed house.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • jarshay
    jarshay Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think this is the right place for me to post as we are currently waiting to exchange too.

26/7 - Offer accepted
    26/7 - Solicitors Instructed
    1/8 Initial meeting with Ipswich Building Society
    After a lot of backing and forthing we decided to not proceed as the Ipswich were very slow in responding
    29/8 DIP put in with Natwest via broker
    29/8 All documents sent to broker
    30/8 DIP approved
    5/9 - Valuation booked for 21/9 (annoying delay)
    7/9 Underwriting process started
    20/9 Natwest requested draft accounts for current financial year
    21/9 Valuation carried out (came back fine)
    2/10 Accounts uploaded to Natwest
    10/10 - MORTGAGE OFFER in post!
    11/10 - Searches carried out
    19/10 - Searches returned
    20/10 - Enquries raised
    25/10 - Enquries replied to
    27/10 - Solicitors finally email to let me know they have reply to enquiries and will review shortly.....

I’m in a rental and told the solicitors I need to be our by the 6th November - not looking good at this rate!

Fingers crossed for everyone here!
    Mortgage for £212000 - 10/17 for 35 years!
    Aiming to overpay each year as close to 10% as possible!
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    We have our keys, now onto getting carpets cleaned and removals booked and all the exciting stuff! Thanks all for keeping me sane (well, slightly more sane than I would have been) over the last few weeks :beer: I will try and remember to post my full timeline at some point as they’re always good to see!
  • juniordoc
    juniordoc Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations all exchangers/completers and welcome Jarshay!
    Annoying as it is having nothing happen over the weekend, at least it gives me a break from chasing/worrying, at least I know for certain there will be no progress.
    Thinking we might exchange next week, am I right in thinking the solicitors will want the 10% in their bank account 24hrs before exchange? Do many banks have restrictions on transfers of large amounts of cash?
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    My bank had a 10k daily limit on internet banking, I had to start transferring funds last saturday so everything was in place for yesterday, we exchanged and completed today.

Worst case is pop the bank and request a chaps transfer if time is tight.
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes all and congratulations to everybody who completed today!

Everything ran like a dream. Completed before lunch. Nerves I had about the house turned out to be unfounded. I was wowed by it when we walked in. Unfortunately, having been unoccupied, unheated and no fresh air in it for months it smells stale. Have opened all the windows to let some air in and will be back tomorrow for some serious cleaning.
  • jarshay
    jarshay Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome ..... hopefully, we all get the outcomes we desire by the end of next week (fingers crossed)
    Mortgage for £212000 - 10/17 for 35 years!
    Aiming to overpay each year as close to 10% as possible!
  • Roxannas
    Options
    Hi all,

Can I join? we are currently waiting to exchange and hoping for it to happen on the 13th November!!

It has been a horrible, stressful, upsetting pprocess that I'm hoping we are finally coming to the end of. The original house we was buying our seller pulled out of just before exchange, as FTB this was a shock and a stress lol! But we have now hopefully found our new home. It's a new build that builders finishes the end of September!

The mortgage company have just done the new valuation so just waiting and hoping to get our new/updated mortgage offer through! We rang yesterday and they said it had all been agreed just waiting on the senior underwriter to finalise. Can't relax till we have the offer in black and white.

I'm praying we still are good to exchange on 13th November as we are currently in rented and have handed in our notice, so need to be out by 21st November!

Sorry feel like I have waffled a bit there, good luck to everyobe else, hoping for a nice easy exchange and completion x
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well we did it! It was a long, hard, busy, exhausting day moving ten years of stuff from one house to another, and we’re now surrounded by boxes and flat pack furniture, but we’re so happy! Still can’t believe it’s ours or that we managed to complete on time!
    Good luck to everyone else exchanging and completing. Will have a read back shortly and catch up on everyone’s updates :)
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Ougat
    Ougat Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Natbag on actually doing it finally.. woohoo..

I wish you many many happy years in your home and hopefully the stress is all but a past flash in the past..

I guess you are off to the Mortgage free thread soon.. Hoping to see you there soon myself..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback