PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• juniordoc
    Options
    Hi Archersluck.
    What do you mean you'd like issues with the roof resolved? Do you mean you want repairs carried out before you proceed with the purchase?

We should be finding out from our solicitor today whether exchange is possible next week or not, she was out of the office yesterday and her assistant said she'd call today.
    Going to give her until 2pm until I call her.....quite excited/nervous!
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Little help please guys for FTB...home buyers report is finally back. Nothing major, gas and electric certificates missing, some planning permission to be checked. All of that to go to solicitor I think?
    If you've not already done so send the survey report to your solicitor. They need to verify that all relevant planning permission and building regs have been obtained.

When you say gas and electricity certs are missing, is this relating to specific work carried out?

Otherwise there is no legal requirement for a seller to provide gas and electrical certificates. Every survey I've ever seen says get the electrics and heating system checked, it's the surveyor covering their backside.
    Some issues we knew about, no problem as that was reflected in our offer.

Some issues internally about flooring and doors, going to check them out today but doesn't seem urgent, happy to take on.

Some roof issues we didn't know about, nothing huge but we'd like them to be resolved if possible. Now do we approach the EA? Or does the solicitor do this for all issues in the report?

I assume we don't share the report with the EA?

Thanks

What sort of roof issues? What needs to be resolved?
    probably easiest and quickest to go via the EA, and it's going to be difficult for them to help out if they don't see the report, or at least the relevant section.
  • archersluck
    Options
    Thanks guys it's missing and damaged tiles on the newer part of the house we'd like the seller to address. Nothing major but would prefer it done going into winter as we already have a few other niggly things we are happy to sort ourselves.

Solicitor has the report and has given me a call, he will deal with the legal bits (makes sense!) The missing certs refer to an extention, seller told us they had them so sure surveyor is just back covering.

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
  • kates08
    kates08 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again all, I need some advice!

I posted the other day that our seller has pulled out. We've now offered on another house, which is lovely but isn't the dream home like the one we were buying. Our previous vendor has now come back and said she had just panicked and still wants to sell to us.

She had been messing us around for weeks but the house is the absolute dream. Would you walk away or try again? I'm so scared of getting attached again, but if there is absolutely any chance of us living there then I don't want to give up on it :-(
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    Had the email from the sols at 10am, lender has approved funds, we are a go! I was not expecting that!!!! :j:beer: congrats Natbag and fiesto too, good news for some of us today!

Exchange and completion today but not moving, so I've had to pay the home insurance, I'm away today so my boyfriend is having to drop off a physical letter at the letting agents (since they are still in the 20th century apparently and don't accept email), then wait for confirmation we can collect keys! :D :j
  • Cluelessftb
    Options
    Kates, if I was you I would probably try again. Depends on your tolerance/patience levels, but you only have to deal with the sellers for a couple of months but you will be in that home for a long time. Also depends how much extra money you would have to spend to get to exchange that you haven't already spent (and perhaps ask the sellers to pay for it as a show of good faith since they might have a wobble again!)

Then again, as per the name, I am a clueless FTB so perhaps wait for others to weigh in :rotfl:
  • Jaglad111
    Options
    Exchange and completion day for us, HTB isa bonus hasn't hit the solicitors bank yet. If we pay the shortfall we will lose the bonus, if we dont we will be delayed. This house is cursed. Hope Natbags day is going better!
  • Regina.filangie
    Options
    Wow! Lots of progress been made this week! Congratulations to you all natbag, Jaglad, Fiesto and Clueless :beer:

Kate I would try again if I were you, hopefully the vendor will stick to it this time and you can get your dream home. Be a shame to lose out on it and in situations like this, I always think to myself, how would I feel when someone else gets it after I don't go for it? If you would feel regret there is your answer.

Had an update from my solicitor today after I gave her a call to give her a little nudge. I'm trying to be patient but when we are paying so much money I think an update once a week isn't too much to ask for. Anyway, all is well. She has the mortgage offer from my lender, draft contracts from vendor's solicitor, all but 1 of the searches and we actually discussed dates for completion which she is going to raise with the vendor's sol. My buyers are in rented and keen to move asap, my vendor is going into rented. I suggested a date of 17th November for completion - she agreed to put this forward to them. She is checking everything over this afternoon and will raise enquiries at the beginning of next week so hopefully we can stick to my original plan of exchange and completion in November :dance:
  • juniordoc
    juniordoc Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Argh called my solicitors again today and she is off sick. Now only 9 working days in which we can exchange or the whole thing has to be put off until mid-January.
    Starting a new job next week too so it's not going to be a stressful week for me at all :eek:
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Keep faith Juniordoc, we went from nothing on monday to a call at 5.10pm tuesday requesting exchange and completion on friday. Its been a scamble to move cash about.

HTB bonus landed at the solicitors account and vendors solicitor rang to exchange whilst we were on the phone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback