PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,803 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi there,

my property is listed as a leasehold apartment/flat on the Land Registry.

My property is on 4 levels, so it is more like a townhouse. I am the only owner of this property, since Oct 2011. How easy would it be to get this changed and would I need to contact the building company or could it be changed by only contacting the Land Registry?

Thank you for any help.

Do you own both the freehold and leasehold perhaps and they are both registered?
    When you bought in 2011 what details were you given?
    It reads as if you need to check what it was you bought in 2011 and what details you now have.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Pjay
    Pjay Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I am trying to sell my house and it has come to light that the parking space is on a 2nd title which is still in the previous owners name the previous seller is ignoring all correspondence in transferring the parking space into my name for the past 2 months, It was included in the sale the solicitors who acted for me didn't find the 2nd title and they don't seem to any idea what to do now that she won't sign and my buyers mortgage expires in January 2020. Please what can I do
  • sabinestephens
    Options
    Do you own both the freehold and leasehold perhaps and they are both registered?
    When you bought in 2011 what details were you given?
    It reads as if you need to check what it was you bought in 2011 and what details you now have.

Thanks for your help, I will look into it and might have to employ a Solicitor if I can't sort it myself.
    The Red Baroness
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    I am trying to sell my house and it has come to light that the parking space is on a 2nd title which is still in the previous owners name the previous seller is ignoring all correspondence in transferring the parking space into my name for the past 2 months, It was included in the sale the solicitors who acted for me didn't find the 2nd title and they don't seem to any idea what to do now that she won't sign and my buyers mortgage expires in January 2020. Please what can I do

Your conveyancer will need to pursue it and I assume that if there was a contract to buy and that did not complete then there is a legal course of action to take to ensure they abode by that contract
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • intowhere
    Options
    I downloaded the title register from the land registry site and to my surprise it has incorrect details, it has my old address against my name.

For example, the title register is for 100 Apple Road (my home) but it lists me under my old address from 10 years ago (22 Pear Road). Any idea how i can get this sorted. Do I need to speak to the solicitor who we used when we purchased my current house.
    Thanks
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    intowhere wrote: »
    I downloaded the title register from the land registry site and to my surprise it has incorrect details, it has my old address against my name.

For example, the title register is for 100 Apple Road (my home) but it lists me under my old address from 10 years ago (22 Pear Road). Any idea how i can get this sorted. Do I need to speak to the solicitor who we used when we purchased my current house.
    Thanks
    This was answered very clearly in your previous thread, together with links to the LR forms you need. Why ask again?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6077958
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    intowhere wrote: »

Thanks

Update the register
  • sarah2711
    Options
    Hi, there has been a turn of events...
    It turns out the land be are claiming Adverse Possession on was originally leased to a previous owner of our house back in the early-mid 1980s for 25p per year. Our solicitor says there is no lease attached to our title, we never signed one nor were we aware of one.

Can we still claim adverse possession if we didn't sign the lease?
    Has this been looked at yet?

HM Land Registry Ref: G726QDR
    Title Number: SY192944

Kind regards
    Sarah
  • Emalou2
    Options
    Hi.
    We are currently buying a barn conversion with various restrictions.
    We have a problem with one of the covenants which was made between the builder and the person who first purchased the converted barn.
    The agreement states that any successor in title should go into the covenant with the builder. The issue we have is that the builder retired and dissolved the company in 2017. We cannot therefore be ‘certified’ to bind into the agreement.
    Our seller has applied for the restriction to be lifted (which our solicitor doesn’t think the LR will do) in order for us to purchase.
    The problem being is that the covenant relates to shared areas and drainage of which is also with the other barn owners.
    They are effectively in a covenant which cannot be upheld as there’s no one to enforce it.
    I don’t think they realise.
    My question is how long is this likely to take to get rectified and how to get the matter resolved once we have moved in.
    Obviously we want to maintain the integrity of the property and shared areas but don’t want to pee people off by telling them this covenant has to be reworded (which will undoubtedly cost them money)
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    sarah2711 wrote: »
    Hi, there has been a turn of events...
    It turns out the land be are claiming Adverse Possession on was originally leased to a previous owner of our house back in the early-mid 1980s for 25p per year. Our solicitor says there is no lease attached to our title, we never signed one nor were we aware of one.

Can we still claim adverse possession if we didn't sign the lease?
    Has this been looked at yet?

HM Land Registry Ref: G726QDR
    Title Number: SY192944

Kind regards
    Sarah

That application was cancelled on 28th November and the solicitors invited to resubmit as a new and correct application, which they did on 2nd Dec
    I suspect the cancellation/resubmission was as a result of the issue you have now identified

You'll need to rely on your legal advice as to what impact the lease has on your claim.
    I note that the solicitor has referred to the urgency involved but have not supplied any documentary evidence to confirm why. They need to do that before we will consider their request.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback