Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I glad it looks like I am doing ok Enthusiasticsaver, cos I am thinking currently am up !!!! creek without anything resembling a paddle.......

Another fish related night mare happened this week, the heater in my small tropical tank stuck ON and pretty much boiled the water- all 14 fish dead. Me gutted. Found it when I came home from work. Only set the tank up a few weeks ago.

I am meant to be exam marking but cannot get the hang of it. It is truly GRIM. And I don't know if I am doing it right. Such an awful stressy feeling - that is why I haven't been on here much. Not that I have had any success with reaching quotas.

I did see my best friend today, Dear God I love that woman. She has a lovely extension just built and the house looks amazing.

I was ok at the party, didn't want to go - social anxiety is on the increase recently, can't cope with big groups so well. But managed and enjoyed bits.

Sent another friend a gift and got the address wrong. Gutted as it would have helped her.

Got a banging headache and now about 80% sure I allergic to the rabbits. Went out this morning with a thick head like I was getting a cold, spent most of the afternoon out and then the evening and now I have been back few hours my nose is whilsting (!) and my head is throbbing.

Overall I am not so happy with life. But it was very good to see people today.

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are the rabbits out in the garden yet?

Fish stories sound hideous! We were given some goldfish for our allotment pond, put them in and haven't seen them since! It's all netted over so I know they're still in there. Someone kindly gave us some more weed and plants for it yesterday and I created a shaded area at one end so hoping that might please them.

Everyone I know who does exam marking seems to be struggling with it this year too.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How awful about the fish Buffy :( No wonder you were gutted.

A lot of people I know have been complaining of allergy type symptoms this year, saying they don't usually get hay fever but feel like they have it or coming down with a cold. Wonder if there's something causing it?
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,621 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think the pollen count is very high this year.
    I read something about it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello everyone

I have been exam marking - which I hate and will never do again!

Cannot be fagged to work this hard I am afraid would much rather tutor, I like people not computer screens!! (ironic for someone who has been here over 10 years!!)

Moneywise, a bit messy. But ok... had to buy paint, trainers, insulation. - the rabbits aren't outside yet.... nose is still snotty.

Need to sort a new phone. trying to find a cheap deal on tesco is annoying... don't want to pay more than 20 quid.

Gathered myself enough to sort fish out, obviously I had cleaned out after the heater disaster, just left it running empty. But after the pond disaster of the previous week - when I went to the dentist I "treated" myself to new fish, two of whom promptly ate 5 of my fish, I was so upset. felt horrendous, as I found two half eaten - don't even.. one has survived and seems to be healing poor fish. Any how they had to come indoors to a tank so due to that I had moved all the tropical fish to one tank (the heater disaster tank :( ) which then meant I had one empty tank, so my other two baby goldfish have come downstairs to be in one tank and the other tank has the pond rescued goldfish and the one gumtree rescue. I just find fish so lovely to watch. Hopefully *touches wood* there won't be any more awful accidents/poor judgement (still think maybe I should have thought those fish would have eaten the others...but won't ever do that again)

Tomorrow dogs are off to new vets. So should go to bed. kinda want chocolate....

XXXXXx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    New vet fairly useless. Inconclusive. AGAIN.

Hayfever Or rabbit allergy awful. I gave up exam marking. Too hard to do with me being a snotty itchy mess in the evening and Mum wanting company, she is on her own so much now that when I come home she wants to talk to me - quite reasonably! but exam marking takes focus and that isn't possible here in the evening.

I did think when I took it on it would start in half term and I could do some at work also - turns out that isn't possible. So next year hopefully I will go back to tutoring - I have missed it and it is easier than exam marking!

There isn't much going on really. Might have a cheap holiday to go on, am going away for 3 days at the start of the holiday and have Canterbury in exactly 10 days.......not like I am counting or anything!

I am going to try and find somewhere for a massage or something. Maybe. Tho I don't want to make lots of plans. I feel like I might just need sleep... and the whole point is not to "have to"

In general life is ticking along, too hot, too much to do and too much confusion at work.

nose is driving me mental. So shall go and make tea.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Monday was very stressful dealing with children who have end of term attitudes three weeks before the end of term always good.

Came home and fell asleep, bit of a wasted evening. Watched a film called Snowman and it was so slow and rubbish, had Micheal Fassbender in who I normally love but in this, well I did like looking but not much else!

Did my money, owe 100 on the CCs and am a bit annoyed at myself for wasting so much money. In a panic in the heat I bought the guinea pigs a fan and it was 17.99 - I didn't realise the price had gone up when I eventually bought it but I have spent so much on them, cooler blocks, another fan, food containers......none was really needed and I should have taken more care over the shopping. I REALLY need to be better off than I am!!

I bought some skirts from E bay - disaster. They have an Enormous waist band which will be torturous to wear...of course the one that doesn't fit doesn't allow returns - it was only a fiver but I must get out of that mindset. I might buy some elastic to replace the top bit and try and make "something" out of the one that doesn't fit...........

I am starving.

I keep doing this in the heat eat very little all day and then hungry in the evening.

ate some biscuits. thrill a minute. Loads to think about..
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it worth selling the skirts on? Are the piggies going out with the rabbits? I saw a tip somewhere about freezing a water bottle and putting it in hutches/cages to chill them down a bit. I've been giving the parrot some frozen veg and ice cubes to play with, she loves it!

How's your BIL getting on?
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I had wanted to see The Snowman when it was released but gave it a miss when I saw the reviews. Glad I did though the book on which it's based, by Jo Nesbo, is good.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    Is it worth selling the skirts on? Are the piggies going out with the rabbits? I saw a tip somewhere about freezing a water bottle and putting it in hutches/cages to chill them down a bit. I've been giving the parrot some frozen veg and ice cubes to play with, she loves it!

How's your BIL getting on?

They were VERY cheap. A fiver each I think. so not much money lost I guess but I have to stop thinking like that.

The piggies can stay in cos I luffs them SO much. And the rabbits have Ice pods to lay on and the guinea pigs have lunch box coolers
    to lay on.

I had the bottle but Mum thought I had put fizzy drinks in freezer and took them out......but I have got them in now, it was just funny cos I thought we had ginger beer bit of a disappointment.

Must put everything back in the freezer actually.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport