KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

edited 20 July 2017 at 1:10PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.2K replies 273.2K views

Replies

• PollyWollyDoodlePollyWollyDoodle Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Try British Heart Foundation, they usually do furniture.

No problem Mrs MP - if I'm ever in Norfolk I'd love to meet up! Maybe kazwookie can remember who it was.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem Mrs MP - if I'm ever in Norfolk I'd love to meet up! Maybe kazwookie can remember who it was.

Was it mav?
  • Fen1Fen1 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Emmaus do furniture removal and house clearances.

House is still full of stuff for my charities. Grrrrrr.

However, a few bulky things have gone via Freegle.

A question for the art folk. Is it worth paying more for a gimlee (sp??) print than a standard print? I've seen something I quite like but am bamboozled by the print types and prices.
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    greenbee wrote: »
    Was it mav?

What's happened to mavvymoo I wonder? Not been on here since February.
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fen - giclee prints are designed to look more like the original, giving more of the texture of painting than an ordinary print does. The technique is more expensive. Look at the pictures, decide what you like and buy based on that. It's worth more if YOU like it more. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...
  • Fen1Fen1 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Greenbee. Unfortunately, I am buying online not in a shop. If I could see the print - as in a shop - I could decide on the best option. I can't do that. That's the problem.

YouCat is sitting on my lap for the second time today. Just shows it's getting colder.
  • silvasavasilvasava Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two food warmers and a large window squeegee being delivered to DS1 tonight. Discovered 2 large glass platters in the cupboard so offering those to a friend first - if she doesn't need them they'll go in the CS bag.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think we need to KM some pears pretty quickly. Our tree is sagging under the weight. We tied up one branch last weekend but it's hanging quite badly.

We're not really keen on pears, will try and trade for apples with a neighbour across the street and pass some onto MIL this weekend.

Anybody else got a glut of pears this year?
  • AaleighaAaleigha Forumite
    594 Posts
    OK what do you all do when you are so overwhelmed you really cant start

I have far too many clothes to go in the space I have

I cant even tidy what is there to sort what I have

(I do have bipolar and a few other issues) the Bipolar means at manic points I just buy more stuff - latest was 200+ on clothes and make up and a new to me car at over four grand - but I do LOVE that itreally does spark Joy

should I just grab all out of wardrobe and start there to give me space then drawers etc then tackle a pile of cloths and add to the tidied and Koned areas as there is no way I can do it all at once

what did some of you do in this situation please
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE # 100
    pot 1 (unknown starting amount) £18 Pot 2 £10
    total £22.50
    EMERGENCY FUND
    £40/1000 plus some in my bank £138 total 178/1000
    DECLUTTER. 183/2019
  • AaleighaAaleigha Forumite
    594 Posts
    I have just read back and you are doing so well - sounds like you have been doing it for a while though

well done to all of you I am hoping really soon that I will be able to start instead of just moving things around

you are love lovely examples of what I want to be able today
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE # 100
    pot 1 (unknown starting amount) £18 Pot 2 £10
    total £22.50
    EMERGENCY FUND
    £40/1000 plus some in my bank £138 total 178/1000
    DECLUTTER. 183/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides