PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you sound so positive this morning Hope you get an offer 3mw deigns to accept and you can get sorted
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you today burtha, and i hope the viewing has a good outcome x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wrote a post here earlier but it seems tk have disappeared.

Things sound a bit more positive burtha. Good news you have more viewings. Hopefully Mr Prat will have a reality check and stop looking for pie in the sky. Silly man! Karma will eventually bite him in the bum and I hope you are around to see it. It's a very unworthy thought, but immensely satisfying.

Jolly chilly here today but bright and sunny. Am thinking that I must look out some warmer clothes. No good putting it off, winter will be here before we know it. Oh dear!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You learn a lot about people when they don't get what they want.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck BURTHA , remember "this too will pass" hun, although I realise how tough things are right now:(x
    LW Bonnie is ultra protective when we have a toddle out with my Mum.No dog is allowed within 100 yards of her :rotfl: Bluebell sounds like a sweetheart ❤
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fingers crossed, Burtha, for a decent offer on the house, then you can crack on with your life.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • camelot1001
    Options
    Hope it went well today burtha, you are clearly a very strong and determined person, let's hope all this is sorted out very soon for you.

It's been a glorious day here, in fact it has been a really lovely weekend which is very unusual for our September weekend (Friday and Monday off work), the sunshine has made everyone cheerful again.

My car has been having a bit of a wobbly steering wheel when I brake, I've only had it for a few weeks, took it to the dealer and it has warped brake discs so they're going to fix it under warranty, thank goodness I didn't leave it for another few days or the warranty would have run out. Down side is I need to get the train to and from work tomorrow but the train fare will be less than the repair would have been.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I hope you get an offer that suits 3MW Burtha, so many people seem to price their homes by how much they need and not what it's worth.
    There is a boat for sale on a nearby marina, the owner is asking £140k, it's 3 years old, a brand new one is only £100k. The owner needs £140k to buy what he wants next and is upset because he's keeps getting offers for lower.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are absolutely right Hester. People have very inflated ideas about what houses (and boats) are worth. Some of them are thinking that the huge rise in house prices that happened a few years ago is still like that. Well it isn't. You are lucky if you get more than you paid for it these days. I would imagine that boats are a bit like cars, as soon as you drive it away it starts depreciating.
    Anyway, burtha, Mr Git has a shock coming to him. I hope he realises that sooner rather than later.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Absolutely right Monna - spent a lot of money on my little boat but never with the intention of recouping - it aint gonna happen. What I've spent is for my convenience and enjoyment. If I get what I paid for her when the time comes to sell I'll be happy!

Thinking of Burtha - hope she gets a sale on the house.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • wondercollie
    Options
    House prices are a joke and peoples greed unreal.

Our oldest bought a house this summer. House one, offered $278K on a listing of $288K. Rejected. House two, offered $305K on a house listed at $315k.

Three months later, they bought house one for $270K (no other offers had been made since their first, and the owner asked if was the young Army family that made the offer, and accepted $8K less than their original offer. House two sold last week (on the market for five months) it was listed at $295K when it finally sold.

Both of the houses they loved and would have happily paid their original offers. But you know people, they know what their house is worth!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback