PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh, I dunno. I reckon that mar is definitely weird, as all the best people are. Just you be careful petal. Hopefully the whatever it is you are taking will do its stuff and ease your pain. We can't have our mar suffering one bit more than she has to.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If Mar is we all are Monna, we all fit here don't we?
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head........but I'll tell you a secret....all the best people are." (Alice in Wonderland)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can recommend something much better than kale Mar. Assuming you like them dates are very good.

Someone said yesterday they would like to be statuesque. I thought I would like that and if I stay the same weight I would be slim too. I am far to short to ever be elegant, anything that is elegant I trip over and fall flat on my face, or the pockets are round my ankles.

While I was on home bargains this afternoon I saw a tall assistant using a stool to put things on the top shelf. When I wanted someone to get me something off the top shelf she was several aisles away. I did think of asking her if she needed a stool how did she expect the rest of us to get anything down.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not finding any C probs, maybe camel is a laxative? (oooops did I say that out loud? wait till Polly sees it...)
    But ty all xx - I sometimes seem to roll onto the shoulder and wake up with such a horrible pain, and this stuff def does work for that. I'm taking it as and when reqd so not every 4 hours or anything like that.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Haha I'm tall & would love to be thought of as elegant ( like wot Monna is ;) ) In my imagination I would be perfectly dressed in my yacht gear, helming a sleek sailing cruiser into the harbour with skill and panache ( nice word for a Monday) tThe reality is sticky salt hair cut off jeans and a little tub of a boat with me making a complete hash up and needing help - ah well I can dream. Maybe it's just as well Monna won't be in Bembridge on Saturday - I'm sure she'll hear the gossip ;)
    Funnily enough NM I nipped into Sainsbury's yesterday and as I rounded the corner a lady collared me to pass something down off the top shelf. She could just reach it but wanted 2 packs and couldn't reach that far. It's usually my mission in the SM's.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've just had time to sit and skim the paper today and I'm aghast at what I read! One article saying that if we leave the EU 'women' will have to give up their careers to look after ageing parents and the other saying that 'women 'are more likely to give up eating meat if they look at pictures of cute and cuddly animals! How dare they? in an age where equality in all things is striven for, where women are fighting prejudice and unequal pay structures, discrimination and unfair dismissals if they should ever commit the heinous crime of having a child those two articles BIG FAIL TELEGRAPH are as unacceptable as anything I have EVER read! an insult to both womankind and the intelligence of the female of the species!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    MrsL I have decided that the whole world has gone mad and anybody with any common sense has gone to ground. I've given up reading anything now!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 August 2018 at 8:11PM
    Options
    The closest I have ever come to having panache is when my first boyfriend bought me a bottle for Christmas over 30 years ago :D

As I have said previously, I am more Hobbit than Elvish :rotfl::rotfl:

As for the press vs Brexit 'we're all doomed, I'll tell ye' - phahhhh...... tosh and piffel :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mrs LW I've yet to meet a newspaper, radio broadcast or other news source that didn't infuriate me in some way shape or form. The Telegraph has particular form for me and usually manages to raise my ire in some way. It means you're a thinking, feeling, reflecting human and that is a good thing. Plus, don't you use your newspapers are fire starters? Just think of the pleasure you'll have in seeing the offending articles go up in smoke :rotfl:

Silva, in my head you're top to toe in white with a jaunty red scarf and cap and you look like a Ralph Lauren advert.

Islandmaid, you look like Heidi but all grown up. Tall, blonde and with creamy skin from all of the goats milk.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure